autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Scotchgaurd?....son of a biitch i used that chit 2 years ago3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I still use teflon pans from the 80's....chit flakes off like cracked black pepper.... Didn't effect me one bit....I'm as sane as Charles Manson at a Diane Sawyer interview......

2. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, opie, dgage, Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Just to chime in...

back in the 1970s and 1980s when many companies jumped on the Teflon Bandwagon, (where are these products now?)

I'm happy to be proven wrong

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Because it's banned in the United States

When was Teflon Banned in the USA?
    Beginning in 2003, its use was gradually phased out in the United States under an agreement between government and industry, and eliminated by 2014
    I can picture Mike throwing his laptop through the wall when he read your response

If this had been done when he was in charge your post would have been clipped and you would've received a 30 day suspension

4. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Will respond later to this nonsense.
    Taking a long time for this response?

Mike has always done me right and been a stand up honest person with me personally.
    Jim

6. Likes opie, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to chime in...

I trust Tunch Goren as a chemist and also an honest man. I chose to leave the geek and join the 3D team because I honestly love their products and use them professionally when I detail client cars. To say I love their products is another way of saying I love their chemistry. The quality of any product comes down to the quality of the chemist plus their manufacturing ability.

As others in this thread have said, there are all kinds of products on the market now with the word graphene on the label. Heck, I think I've even seen graphene tire dressings? Really?

I've worked with the chemist at 303 that created the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating and drilled him on whether the Graphene in their product was functional or just marketing and he convinced me it was functional. (he also took one of my Roadshow Detailing Classes so I was able to spend quite a bit of time getting to know him).

After talking to two REAL chemists about what graphene is and what it takes to make it a functional ingredient, it is my opinion, and I'm happy to be proven wrong, that the majority of graphene products on the market are not functional graphene products. Just like back in the 1970s and 1980s when many companies jumped on the Teflon Bandwagon, (where are these products now?), there might be graphene in the marketed product, but like Teflon in all the products back in the day, it's simply not functional.

Racer's Edge Auto Polish Fortified with TEFLON

So I asked Tunch straight out, is the graphene in our new 3D Ceramic Coating Plus functional and he answered "yes".

At some point everyone can decide who to trust and who to doubt, but I trust Tunch. I've used this new coating on two cars so far and it’s as good and/or better than any ceramic coating I've used to date. How well it performs only time but again, I trust Tunch's chemistry ability and over the decades he's proven himself to be an honest person in our industry.

Here's my first two 3D graphene coated cars....

1949 Pontiac Road Chief Streetrod - 3D Ceramic Coating Plus - Graphene Infused

1966 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa Turbo 4-Speed - 3D Ceramic Coating Plus - Graphene Infused

Mike Phillips
    I like that it is functional. Is there a video somewhere to explain how it’s incorporated different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    caused birth defects in children....they say

Other unrelated studies have also found evidence of birth defects in babies from PFOA-exposed workers. In 1981, two out of seven women who worked at a DuPont Teflon plant gave birth to babies with birth defects. DuPont then moved 50 women workers at the plant to reduce their exposure to PFOA.

Teflon contains a compound known as C8, which is harmful to both your health and the environment. According to a large body of research, C8 disrupts normal hormone function and lowers testosterone levels in men. It has also been linked to various cancers and birth defects

Does DuPont still use C8?
    The lawsuits had alleged that DuPont knew C8 was dangerous, but failed to keep it from poisoning the water supply. After DuPont agreed to stop using C8, it replaced it with GenX, which is a similar compound.Sep 13, 2017

substances banned by FDA, in an order that takes effect immediately , are perfluorinated compounds or PFCs, a class that includes the chemicals used to make DuPont's Teflon and 3M's Scotchgard.Jan 4, 2016
    C8…. Affects testosterone levels in Men…… pretty sure they’re still selling it in the US…..

9. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    C8…. Affects testosterone levels in Men…… pretty sure they’re still selling it in the US…..

11. Likes Flash Gordon, opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Taking a long time for this response?

Mike has always done me right and been a stand up honest person with me personally.
    Sounds like the dude is bitching and whining nonsense to try and discredit Mike. That ain’t gonna happen as most of us know the kind of guy Mike is. I’ve worked alongside Mike and he’s a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I like that it is functional. Is there a video somewhere to explain how it’s incorporated different?

No there is not.

13. Likes CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Mike and never met him, but I always thought he was a straightshooter. Seems like a nice guy.

15. Likes SameGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Either way this isn’t the right place for that kind of attack. Not cool.
    Francesco

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack, CleanIT, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this someone that Mike suspended and has some resentment about it?

19. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast