autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing not drying

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I picked up a bottle of the foaming tire cleaner today….wow! I wouldn’t use it for maintenance washes but for stripping anything on the tire….heck yea!

I also picked up a bottle of the Graphene tire coating too, worked pretty well, I’ll know in the morning if I really like it but so far it’s looking very good! This is after two coats, I added a third this evening!!

JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    This is three coats, let the third sit over night, forgot to wipe excess this morning but no sling! They don’t have the “sloppy bling wet look” but a nice glimmer to them!

Let’s see how long this lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

2. Likes dgage, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Tarminator is an effective tire cleaner or 303 Tire and Rubber has been strongly recommended too. Tuf Shine is another very good tire cleaner though you would only periodically need to clean tires that well but it may be worth a shot with what you’re describing.

Duragloss 253 is a well regarded dressing that I use with a flag-tipped brush though I need to find a smaller flagged-tip brush since my tires are lower profile.
    I can attest that the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner is a great product to use once in a while -- that stuff is strong! For maintenance washes I typically use Griot's Rubber Cleaner which is more a more mild, surfactant based products (I think Tuf Shine is solvent based?). The Griot's Rubber Cleaner removes the road grime, dirt, and spent tire dressing without completely stripping the tires of every last bit of their previous protection.

As far as the dressing itself, I tried the DG 253 and I do like it, but it's not my favorite. My favorite is Griot's Long-Lasting Tire Dressing... it was actually shipped to me on accident in an AG order but I truly believe it's a hidden gem -- I'll be buying more!

4. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I delegated my yellow drill brush to tire cleaning and tried both Simple Green 6:1 and SuperClean and made a huge mess (mostly on me!) but did little to the tires, lol... Is there a trick to using a drill brush without making such a mess?! Maybe a smaller one?! Don't think I'll use it again for tires as just to messy, and stick with my stiff tire brush I don't use often enough I scrubbed with drill brush for at least 4-5min/tire and pressure washed it off. So there is definitely a layering on it that's making it not dry it seems like, even after all this scrubbing with the two different cleaners, I could still wipe dark off with my finger, so it needs more cleaning for sure...

I'll have to pick up some Tarminator I guess and try that out, or maybe the TW Hybrid Solutions Foam cleaner...

I don't want to spend a fortune on tire stuff, as some of these are just not worth it (no offense!) I rather coat them once a month and spend less, then once every few months+ and spend 3-4x more. I've not coated them again for now till I get the rubber cleaner...

PS: I've had the yellow drill brush and a couple other brushes soaking in Simple Green and Dawn for a week now and the black slime just won't come off Guess I ruined this drill brush...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Well, I delegated my yellow drill brush to tire cleaning and tried both Simple Green 6:1 and SuperClean and made a huge mess (mostly on me!) but did little to the tires, lol... Is there a trick to using a drill brush without making such a mess?! Maybe a smaller one?! Don't think I'll use it again for tires as just to messy, and stick with my stiff tire brush I don't use often enough I scrubbed with drill brush for at least 4-5min/tire and pressure washed it off. So there is definitely a layering on it that's making it not dry it seems like, even after all this scrubbing with the two different cleaners, I could still wipe dark off with my finger, so it needs more cleaning for sure...

I'll have to pick up some Tarminator I guess and try that out, or maybe the TW Hybrid Solutions Foam cleaner...

I don't want to spend a fortune on tire stuff, as some of these are just not worth it (no offense!) I rather coat them once a month and spend less, then once every few months+ and spend 3-4x more. I've not coated them again for now till I get the rubber cleaner...

PS: I've had the yellow drill brush and a couple other brushes soaking in Simple Green and Dawn for a week now and the black slime just won't come off Guess I ruined this drill brush...
    Use a variable drill to prevent splattering.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Use a variable drill to prevent splattering.
    I did, still made a mess. :/
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

I did, still made a mess. :/
    Yeah I use a variable drill and TufShine or 303 T&R cleaner and not too much splashing. I use a smaller brush for low pro tires tho.

With the slime your talking about I would guess been a while since a hood cleaning. I do mine at least once a month with hand brush and cleaner.

Everytime I do wheels wheels I will hit the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've washed the car a couple times now and still not put anything on the tires again yet...

I need to pick up something better then the Simple Green and SuperClean I have, just not got around to it yet

Still can't get the brushes I used clean either, this is getting annoying
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

I've washed the car a couple times now and still not put anything on the tires again yet...

I need to pick up something better then the Simple Green and SuperClean I have, just not got around to it yet

The tire brushes I use with my tire cleaners are still white for the most part so once you get a true tire cleaner, your brush might also get clean though it may have already stained and it also depends on the type of bristles. But my tire brushes are only used on tires, wheels on wheels/tires, etc so even if they stain, it shouldn’t matter much since you shouldn’t be using brushes on different parts of the car interchangeably as that is a good way to get scratches in unexpected areas due to cross contamination. This is also the theory behind different towels used on specific parts of the car. No chance of the paint getting marred by a towel used to dry the wheels if the wheel towel never gets used on the paint.

11. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get some LA’s Totally Awesome and use it full strength. Spray your brush and get it nice and soaked then scrub it against your driveway, give it a good rinse and your brush will come clean. Guaranteed.

13. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Get some LA’s Totally Awesome and use it full strength. Spray your brush and get it nice and soaked then scrub it against your driveway, give it a good rinse and your brush will come clean. Guaranteed.
    This?
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...9KMA5HHR&psc=1
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast