autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Yeah go for the soft leather, i ordered the hard leather and have been getting a rash
    They make leather balm for that...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Tasmania, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint those who were looking forward to seeing my hot physique in leather straps while dangling on a swing, maybe another time hey?

Back in February this year, I added a large cabinet to house a variety of tools and detailing chemicals.

The size of the thing fitted the space very well, so well that it planted the seed, I knew I could fit in another! That would end up being today's project.

The plan for this cabinet was for it to be devoted to tools, the older one reserved for detailing items. Because I needed to level these two cabinets so that they were lined up nicely, I had to strip the contents of the older one, most of the stuff needed to removed anyway.

Once the cabinets were leveled up and put in place, it was time for the fun part of finding a place for everything. For the detailing cabinet, I actually pinched a shelf from the new one so that I could facilitate another place for gallon size chemicals. The vacuum and detailing seat fit nicely too, along with my polishers. As you can see, I have a couple of empty shelves to fill!

The tool cabinet, or toy cabinet as I like to call it, allows for some of my gardening items to be stored neatly, including a small step ladder. The rest is a variety of hand and power tools and various other household items.

The hand tools I have additional plans for in the future. You know how it is, you buy or get given tool kits that end up missing items or are simply cheap crap. Some of that will find a nice, organized home and others will get donated elsewhere.

The red tool trolley will be moving soon to sit beside the compressor, in it's place will be my next little project.

Meanwhile, the reorganization has allowed me to find more space in the chemical cabinet. As mentioned, my polishers have been moved out, freeing up enough space to allow for more efficient spacing of the chemicals......................................... and allowing room for some more.

Very pleased with my project today.

4. Likes Tasmania, opie, Big Dave, dgage, PaulMys and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They are really nice Deyon! Done well i like the sticker less look but that's just me

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me preface this by saying that the following doesn't mean I'm about to become a mechanic, I would need a hoist for that! What it does mean is that I got sick of rummaging through a jumbled pile of crappy old tools every time I needed to fix something. As usual for me, what started out as a search for a single screwdriver turned into something rather more extensive.

Researching, I knew I wanted to stay within the Kincrome ecosystem as I already had a number of their tools. I shortlisted three tool kits from the large tool retailer's website that suited my budget and tool requirements. These kits are not stocked at my local store so would have to be ordered in, something that didn't really bother me.

However, this purchase was a classic case of "it's not what you know, it's who you know". My old man has been in the construction industry his whole life, as such you tend to build relationships with a variety of supporting businesses. The manager of one of his suppliers is also a Kincrome dealer, so I went in and told him what I was looking for. Two of the shortlisted kits were not in stock and one of them was listed as ready to ship from Kincrome. He quoted me discounted prices on all three and said he would phone me with an ETA on the other two.

When he phoned me back, I was told the ETA would be the end of the month, but he actually had one of my shortlisted kits in stock on display. When he said that I could have it even cheaper than the price he originally quoted, I immediately told him to put my name on it and that I would come and collect it in the morning.

The Evolution Tool Chest K1219 has enough to get me started, while also allowing room to expand in the future if needed.

I challenge any man not to drool over a set of polished and perfectly lined up set of sockets and spanners.

Being a display, there were a couple of marks on the top lid of the box which I dealt with using some Sonax CutMax on my 3inch polisher. I then wiped it over with some OG Drying Aid, because why not.

It's home on top of the red tool trolley is only temporary though. I have ordered another roll cabinet to match in with the rest garage, along with some trays to organize the rest of my odd-bod tools.

Now I just have to find something to tighten.................

8. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania, dgage, oneheadlite, opie and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wednesday is the "start" of my week, in effect my "Monday". Having booked today off, it was nice to sleep till 9.30am this morning!

Two cars on the docket today. I did a quick interior and exterior detail on my Ranger, washing away two weeks' worth of road grime.

Changing things up today, I grabbed some Dream Maker for the drying aid.

I finished the Ranger just in time for it to be swapped with the Wildtrack for its monthly detail.

While rain was not predicted today, a passing showing ruined my efforts this afternoon, the Mustang and my Ranger getting wet while I worked in the garage. Not impressed!

10. Likes Tasmania, dgage, Big Dave, PaulMys, Azure and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Wednesday is the "start" of my week, in effect my "Monday". Having booked today off, it was nice to sleep till 9.30am this morning!

Two cars on the docket today. I did a quick interior and exterior detail on my Ranger, washing away two weeks' worth of road grime.

Changing things up today, I grabbed some Dream Maker for the drying aid.

I finished the Ranger just in time for it to be swapped with the Wildtrack for its monthly detail.

While rain was not predicted today, a passing showing ruined my efforts this afternoon, the Mustang and my Ranger getting wet while I worked in the garage. Not impressed!
    I've often thought about foaming up the FJ when it's raining, just to see how well the rain rinses it off. I'd only do it if we're getting decent, heavy rain.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I've often thought about foaming up the FJ when it's raining, just to see how well the rain rinses it off. I'd only do it if we're getting decent, heavy rain.

The curtain Twitches delight for that one Dave!

14. Likes Big Dave, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    The curtain Twitches delight for that one Dave!
    You can just hear them, " He's out there again, and it's raining, he's washing his car in the rain, there's something not right in that boys head"

Me, waving at them watching me.

16. Likes DFB, Tasmania, opie, dgage, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can just hear them, " He's out there again, and it's raining, he's washing his car in the rain, there's something not right in that boys head"

Sounds familiar!

18. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The old classic (Your going to wash the paint off) or (You can do mine next)

I think you should do it Dave but wear the Viking hat and a bikini

20. Likes opie, Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast