autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Cyclo 10 years of Shine

I review, disassemble, and inspect my 10 year old Cyclo.

10 Year Cyclo Polisher Review
    10 Year Cyclo Polisher Review - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cyclo 10 years of Shine

Great info! I going to look for a used one!!

4. Likes sweatthedetails liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Cyclo is still my favorite polisher. Mine is heirloom quality
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

6. Likes sweatthedetails liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. This is honestly my favorite all time polisher. I think it gets slept on.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! Just wanted to circle back on this. I wound up finding a used one on FB MP for $80 plus a little shipping. Other used ones were going for around $200 so I jumped on it. It was pretty rough upon arrival and OOOOLD! It appears to be an "orig" without the speed dial, etc.. Anyway, I cleaned it up, added a little oil and blew 'er out. I promptly ordered the low profile pad mount things and 8 blue pads. (the diff between the green and the blue is kinda confusing).
    Just used it yesterday to polish up my brand new black BMW X4 M40i before adding a layer of Gyeon Can Coat EVO (another purchase based on forum feedback). I really enjoyed using it and I have tried many many different polishers. I am just a driveway dad-detailer so nothing too serious. The car is brand new so it's not like I tested the limits but I found it to be easily controlled and a less fatiguing experience on these old shoulders than other polishers I've purchased and sold off. All this is to say, thanks for posting your video. I made my purchase solely on your recommendation. I have been aware of the Cyclo since back in the Porter Cable days but always dismissed it cuz it looked so, well, unrefined I guess. Glad I took the leap!

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grambow View Post
    Hey! Just wanted to circle back on this. I wound up finding a used one on FB MP for $80 plus a little shipping. Other used ones were going for around $200 so I jumped on it. It was pretty rough upon arrival and OOOOLD! It appears to be an "orig" without the speed dial, etc.. Anyway, I cleaned it up, added a little oil and blew 'er out. I promptly ordered the low profile pad mount things and 8 blue pads. (the diff between the green and the blue is kinda confusing).
    Just used it yesterday to polish up my brand new black BMW X4 M40i before adding a layer of Gyeon Can Coat EVO (another purchase based on forum feedback). I really enjoyed using it and I have tried many many different polishers. I am just a driveway dad-detailer so nothing too serious. The car is brand new so it's not like I tested the limits but I found it to be easily controlled and a less fatiguing experience on these old shoulders than other polishers I've purchased and sold off. All this is to say, thanks for posting your video. I made my purchase solely on your recommendation. I have been aware of the Cyclo since back in the Porter Cable days but always dismissed it cuz it looked so, well, unrefined I guess. Glad I took the leap!
    Wow that’s awesome that you found an original like that! They really do last forever. It’s easily my favorite polisher.