autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 Wax Review

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I was very surprised watching this video last night over dinner. I'll be applying the very same coating, Pure EVO, to the EN and I'll be skipping the Q2 Wax going forward.
    Love PURE but on your lighter color like that, I'd go with MOHS EVO. It will give it a crisp sharp candy look. I did that Orange C8 with it. Pics of that coming up later today.

Q2 Wax....yeah, it's on the shelf for a giveaway here. Don't like it. Jeff talked me into trying it when the flourine-based booster was removed and they wouldn't provide larger bottles of Skin. Their glass coating Repel is the same, very underwhelming.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Well I already have Pure EVO and others have reached out to me telling me to buy/keep Pure EVO over Mohs EVO. I watched that video by Esoteric and almost went with Mohs. I wonder if Q2 Wax plays better with Mohs EVOGyeon Q2 Wax Review

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well I already have Pure EVO and others have reached out to me telling me to buy/keep Pure EVO over Mohs EVO. I watched that video by Esoteric and almost went with Mohs. I wonder if Q2 Wax plays better with Mohs EVOGyeon Q2 Wax Review

You’re fine with Pure.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Klasse: If you have the coating on hand already and it's proven to work great, do you really need to top it with the Q2 Wax?

I'd give it a hard pass and stick with a good coating rather than trying to find a combination that might work or discover the wax simply doesn't play well with any coating and might not be such a great product at all.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Car Craft Auto did a test recently with the Gyeon Wax. Disappointing results when used on top of Pure Evo. The only thing that looks positive about this wax is the short term hydrophobicity. Everything else seems average.

Gyeon Q2 Wax Review & Testing! - YouTube

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes mbkite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pure EVO is fine and will work very well. I use it and have integrated it into my lineup of offerings. Pure offers a Wet Candy Look, especially on Dark Colors. Mohs is a crisp/brilliant look and does better on lighter colors. That's the main reason I recommend it to you.

I also like Mohs EVO for its slickness. Call me silly but I like that and with SiO2 products, I tend to top them with something slick. Mohs seems to have a slight edge in its hydrophobic property. It did prior and testing it on my son's car now, it is proving true there too.

If this is your first run at a real coating, Pure will be more forgiving as you can leave it on longer and work with larger panels. Mohs EVO just like the original version, has you keep a much faster pace in smaller sections as it sweats/flashes quicker.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Pure EVO is fine and will work very well. I use it and have integrated it into my lineup of offerings. Pure offers a Wet Candy Look, especially on Dark Colors. Mohs is a crisp/brilliant look and does better on lighter colors. That's the main reason I recommend it to you.

I also like Mohs EVO for its slickness. Call me silly but I like that and with SiO2 products, I tend to top them with something slick. Mohs seems to have a slight edge in its hydrophobic property. It did prior and testing it on my son's car now, it is proving true there too.

If this is your first run at a real coating, Pure will be more forgiving as you can leave it on longer and work with larger panels. Mohs EVO just like the original version, has you keep a much faster pace in smaller sections as it sweats/flashes quicker.
    I kinda like the faster pace as I'm always runnin' a 4.56 gear myselfGyeon Q2 Wax Review but I'll be toppin' anyways and because of its lack of slickness this works out good!

Post Thanks / Like

It is interesting to hear others preference. I have both Pure Evo and Mohs Evo on light colored vehicles and to be honest one is not going to notice much of a difference. They both look equally well. Pure is going to be more water spot resistant between the two. As far as the hydrophobics of both coatings, the contact angle of Pure is >110 and Mohs is >105. Goes to show that the perception is different from person to person.

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is interesting to hear others preference. I have both Pure Evo and Mohs Evo on light colored vehicles and to be honest one is not going to notice much of a difference. They both look equally well. Pure is going to be more water spot resistant between the two. As far as the hydrophobics of both coatings, the contact angle of Pure is >110 and Mohs is >105. Goes to show that the perception is different from person to person.
    Well because my car is outside 247 the water spotting situation situation is probably better that I'm going with PureGyeon Q2 Wax Review

My biggest question is this because I am in pollen season right now once the car is clean and I began to apply this product and wipe it in if the pollen accumulates over the couple hours after I'm done will I be OK?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't answer that. I have access to a garage so I have not applied a coating outside. My best guess is it will be ok. It is moisture that is the concern.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast