autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finally got a chance to do a full detail of my new to me car. I did it last Sat-Mon.

It’s been a bit since I have posted in here. And quite lucky to do so. I have gotten busy with the kids sports and kind of fell of the constant detailing. That and I decided to get COVID last Aug and was in a damn comma until October. Finally got home in Dec. meanwhile my son started driving so I turned the old Volvo XC70 over to him. The prices of cars have gone through the roof. So I decided to pay cash for a 2011 Toyota Avalon Limited from and old guy who rarely drove it. Inside was great but paint was trashed.

Started with a decon wash
    Decontaminated with Mckees Iron remover.
    Clayed with Nanoskin sponge
    Compounded with Sonax Cutmax
    Polished with Sonax Perfect finish.
    I got Poorboy’s black hole because the front bumper had rock chips. It worked so well I did the entire car.
    In Honor of @DLC95 I put a coat of DG111/601.
    Finished it with 2 coats of Sonax Speed Protect. Great product. I will be doing a review of that shortly.

End results were great for a weekend warrior. I bit off more that I could chew physically. I ended up using the little walker with a seat that I got when I first got home from the hospital. My wife and kids were laughing their asses off at me.

With my journey over the past year I was so thrilled with the results and so thankful for all the things all you guys have taught me in detailing. Very rewarding.

I will end with saying “It’s the little thing in life that makes life worth living.”

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    It was too cold for the garden hose so the Worx Hydroshot was a great substitute. Then I finished it with Griots Rinseless wash. The work car is just a rental but it’s my rental and it’s going to be clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How much longer are you going to have that rental it seems like it's been 6 months already?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I was organizing my cart this morning so I can wash both rigs this weekend

I was topping off all my sprayers with window cleaner, etc and I refilled my heavy car soap mix and was screwing the sprayer back on

Hooray for CG knock offs of the Tolco sprayers

Wasn’t reefing on it, it just let go

I got so mad I pulled the other 2 of these sprayers off and tossed them in the trash with half a bottle of CG VRP and a quarter gallon of CG blue window cleaner

Done

So over anything to do with CG

Now I need to order a half dozen spray bottles

They sell wheel woolies cheapest if you catch a 20% off sale….. their’s that i guess. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm really glad that Griot's Garage does not have this problem with cheap bottles and sprayers!

I bought 3 griots 22oz bottles with the nice sprayers and 2 have cracks from dropping. My fault obviously but i’ve put Talco’s through worse. Griot’s spray better but i like i can dial in the mist on talco’s

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well from yesterday but ordered 2 pumps specifically for the 1 gallon Bilt-Hamber products I have, produces 1 oz per pump (get your mind out of the gutter), Bilt-Hamber Karrolsol Iron and Fallout remover, Bilt-Hamber Air-Con Bomb deodorizer, Sonax Ultra Slick Detailer and Detail Factory soft brissel brush. Since I ordered that interior bomb I also ordered a new carbonized cabin air filter (usually change it out in the fall). Those pumps for the Bilt-Hamber gallons is going to make things easier as the cap is a little hard to remove and has a large mouth, so now there's no chance of making a messWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I also ordered a gallon of TWHS Hyper Foam and Inside Job as well, BIG fan of both of these products and atleast Turtle What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Wax is smart enough to make something in a gallon size for us "enthusiasts".

Where did you get the pumps for thr wide mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Those 5L jugs aren't the easiest. It would be nice if there was a pour spout like what Griot's sells for 1 gallon jugs. I transferred some into a smaller bottle to dispense out. Could probably put some in a bettix bottle for easier dispensing.
    I was lucky as I ordered my BHAF a while ago so it came with a standard opening and i use the griot spout. I’ll probably repurposed bottle once done for Touchless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    Finally got a chance to do a full detail of my new to me car. I did it last Sat-Mon.

It’s been a bit since I have posted in here. And quite lucky to do so. I have gotten busy with the kids sports and kind of fell of the constant detailing. That and I decided to get COVID last Aug and was in a damn comma until October. Finally got home in Dec. meanwhile my son started driving so I turned the old Volvo XC70 over to him. The prices of cars have gone through the roof. So I decided to pay cash for a 2011 Toyota Avalon Limited from and old guy who rarely drove it. Inside was great but paint was trashed.

Started with a decon wash
    Decontaminated with Mckees Iron remover.
    Clayed with Nanoskin sponge
    Compounded with Sonax Cutmax
    Polished with Sonax Perfect finish.
    I got Poorboy’s black hole because the front bumper had rock chips. It worked so well I did the entire car.
    In Honor of @DLC95 I put a coat of DG111/601.
    Finished it with 2 coats of Sonax Speed Protect. Great product. I will be doing a review of that shortly.

End results were great for a weekend warrior. I bit off more that I could chew physically. I ended up using the little walker with a seat that I got when I first got home from the hospital. My wife and kids were laughing their asses off at me.

With my journey over the past year I was so thrilled with the results and so thankful for all the things all you guys have taught me in detailing. Very rewarding.

I will end with saying “It’s the little thing in life that makes life worth living.”

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Welcome back and sorry to here about your bout with Covid. Sounded serious. Glad your back in the groove and the vehicle looks great

9. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ochnob, welcome back!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

11. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Ochnob, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How much longer are you going to have that rental it seems like it's been 6 months already?

They ordered a new one for me in October but I have no idea when it’s coming in. Fleet vehicles are at the bottom of the list.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I spent my weekend bringing life back to this ‘04 Tundra. I’m whooped!

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes UncleDavy, Klasse Act, opie, JDGolden, dgage and 8 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to washing the ES...butt:

Had ICE in the hoseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I ended up getting everything thawed out, so let's get into it!

Started by doing the p/s rear door as a test to the power of Bilt-Hamber Touchless w/ 6 oz to 1.5 gallon. I pleased to report it did a great job as you can see in the first couple pics.

I then used CarPro ReTyre on the Blizzaks, using the foaming sprayer. I remember DFB saying the non-foaming sprayer didn't get the job done so I used the foaming tip and I'm VERY impressed with the results! The Blizzaks were VERY dirty and the foaming action worked ON CONTACT! Now I will say you use a bit more product but can't argue with the results!! I used my remaining IGL Blizzard in the Griot's Garage foam gun for the wheelwells and wheels and let dwell. All 4 brushes called into action and I should say this pre-wash from IGL did a great job as a wheel cleaner What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was to foam down the ES with the Bilt-Hamber Touchless, let dwell and rinse away. No it wasn't a "touch-free" wash as there was a little towards the very bottom, so a contact was was in orderWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the 2BM I decided to try out the new TWHS Slick N Slide Pure Wash. It said a couple ounces for a 5 gallon bucket but I used 5 ounces, probably about 2 ounces too much. That said, it produced LOTS AND LOTS of suds with GREAT lubricity!!! I could feel it gliding across the paint, a great wash experienceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I dried the ES and went inside for a little bit and then went back outside and applied Adam's VRT to the Blizzaks using the applicator Guz tried out on his channel, it's a make-up brush for putting on blush I believe and damn was that a breeze, a new favorite detailing tool...THANKS GUZWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After dinner I cleaned the exterior glass with CarPro Clarify and the new Griot's Garage krinkle PFM's (thanks for the suggestion Crack!) I then vac's out the WeatherTechs, sprayed CG's Black Frost inside and finally applied a coat of 303 Graphene Detailer, that's the last pic with the sun going downWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

17. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes JDGolden, Big Dave, Jayfro, UncleDavy, SNP209 and 11 others liked this post
Page 777 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 277677727767768769770771772773774775776777778779780781782783784785786787827877 ... LastLast