autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 104 of 153 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1529
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show us your pet.

Well…….. you gonna start this thing for our ride, or what?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Show us your pet.

Top O’ the mornin’ to you!

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes Rsurfer, VISITOR, Bosko, MisterSnoop, Big Dave and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Top O’ the mornin’ to you!

And the rest of the day to you!

5. Likes Bosko, PaulMys, VISITOR, Rsurfer, Big Dave and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    And the rest of the day to you!
    Awesome!!

7. Likes MisterSnoop, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My little boy has been in the wars again.

I noticed the beginning's of a limp a week ago on our walk early Saturday morning, but not enough for me to think about acting on it. Saturday night he was limping a bit more, and Sunday morning most certainly carrying it. We have been here before, I knew exactly where to look and found a large blister on his paw where he had a claw ripped out due to his accident two years ago. Most likely another grass seed.

Our Vet is closed on Sunday, and of course this had to happen on a long weekend. I bathed it in disinfectant and gave him dose of anti-inflammatory to get him through until Monday. By Sunday night he had managed to lick/chew it open, so I cleaned up the wound and I think at this stage I may have actually removed the offending seed. I then disinfected it again and wrapped bandaged it up until morning. The Vet was of course closed for the holiday so I called the on-call Vet, who advised to keep up the disinfectant and anti-inflammatory and bring him book him in on Tuesday, otherwise it would be the same treatment at out-of-hours rate (bloody Vets know how to charge!).

Anyway, I rushed him down to the Vet at 9am on Tuesday, some probing and anti-biotics and he is hopefully on the mend. Wednesday night I had gotten worse, the lump basically doubling in size. Back to the Vet on Thursday, sedated and the wound examined and biopsy taken, stiches, paw re-bandaged and and sent home after being monitored for most of the day. Back to the Vet again today for inspection and seems to be improving.

Of course, he knows nothing of the fuss that's been going on and has been his usual happy self. Although, he is pretty worn out after the last few days, a sleepy boy at the moment.

9. Likes Big Dave, dgage, Tasmania, PaulMys, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    My little boy has been in the wars again.

I noticed the beginning's of a limp a week ago on our walk early Saturday morning, but not enough for me to think about acting on it. Saturday night he was limping a bit more, and Sunday morning most certainly carrying it. We have been here before, I knew exactly where to look and found a large blister on his paw where he had a claw ripped out due to his accident two years ago. Most likely another grass seed.

Our Vet is closed on Sunday, and of course this had to happen on a long weekend. I bathed it in disinfectant and gave him dose of anti-inflammatory to get him through until Monday. By Sunday night he had managed to lick/chew it open, so I cleaned up the wound and I think at this stage I may have actually removed the offending seed. I then disinfected it again and wrapped bandaged it up until morning. The Vet was of course closed for the holiday so I called the on-call Vet, who advised to keep up the disinfectant and anti-inflammatory and bring him book him in on Tuesday, otherwise it would be the same treatment at out-of-hours rate (bloody Vets know how to charge!).

Anyway, I rushed him down to the Vet at 9am on Tuesday, some probing and anti-biotics and he is hopefully on the mend. Wednesday night I had gotten worse, the lump basically doubling in size. Back to the Vet on Thursday, sedated and the wound examined and biopsy taken, stiches, paw re-bandaged and and sent home after being monitored for most of the day. Back to the Vet again today for inspection and seems to be improving.

Of course, he knows nothing of the fuss that's been going on and has been his usual happy self. Although, he is pretty worn out after the last few days, a sleepy boy at the moment.
    I clicked like because he's got someone like you looking after him. You're so right about the cost of going to the Vet, my guys had their annual check up and shots last month, 20 minutes and over $200, and I had to wait outside, the looks they were giving me as they took them in, they couldn't understand why I wasn't coming with them.

Here's a shot of Buster after yesterday's walk, he decided he needed to cool down quickly. Notice the brown lawn in the background, it got drowned with the 2 weeks of solid rain we had. There's still some green in it, so I think it will be okay.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB, dgage, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I clicked like because he's got someone like you looking after him. You're so right about the cost of going to the Vet, my guys had their annual check up and shots last month, 20 minutes and over $200, and I had to wait outside, the looks they were giving me as they took them in, they couldn't understand why I wasn't coming with them.

Here's a shot of Buster after yesterday's walk, he decided he needed to cool down quickly. Notice the brown lawn in the background, it got drowned with the 2 weeks of solid rain we had. There's still some green in it, so I think it will be okay.

I appreciate everything my Vet clinic does for my dog, he has had a lot of troubles in his life and I'm grateful for their efforts. My boy devolved epilepsy at about 18 months and has been on meds ever since. He turned 8 this year, there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. Not every dog has that.

13. Likes Big Dave, dgage, SNP209, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I appreciate everything my Vet clinic does for my dog, he has had a lot of troubles in his life and I'm grateful for their efforts. My boy devolved epilepsy at about 18 months and has been on meds ever since. He turned 8 this year, there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. Not every dog has that.
    I do as well, and I really don't mind paying the high prices, especially if it helps cover the treatment for pets whose owners find themselves in difficult financial situations. Companion animals are important to our physical and mental wellbeing.

It's a funny thing, but here in Australia, treating people for some diseases and conditions, is less expensive than treating similar diseases and conditions in our pets. Because I have type 2 diabetes, which is completely under control, I get free blood tests, free doctors consultations, and cheap prescriptions, and I'm working full-time, and that doesn't come into it.

15. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

my pet red squirrel friend got hammered yesterday......

17. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, dgage, SNP209, VISITOR and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

19. Likes Big Dave, dgage, SNP209, bbmach, VISITOR and 2 others liked this post
Page 104 of 153 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast