autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I used to use the Armor All for many years, so Armor All.
    Yeah my neighbors got a dope mustang with a Roush supercharger and bags. He’s the one who first got me into ceramic coatings.

He lost ne in detailing though when he used some Meguiars hot shine product that was superglossy.

When you took picture of it you could see it had glitter in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use the Armor All for many years, so Armor All.
    Same here. Ruined a dash in a Honda Fit I had… made all the buttons peal away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I just tried to say that sentence and threw up in my mouth a little…..

Dude, if you knew my biggest detailing secret… lolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscut88 View Post
    Same here. Ruined a dash in a Honda Fit I had… made all the buttons peal away.

You used Armor All Tire Foam on your dashboard? Lol.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, if you knew my biggest detailing secret… lolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You used Armor All Tire Foam on your dashboard? Lol.
    Now i gotta know your secret!

Post Thanks / Like

De-browning with TW Wheel &Tire Cleaner take 2. Same result. Pic 1 is before, pic 2 is after agitation, and pic 3 is after it dried. Although they do appear to be less brown than they were, both before and after, last weekend. I did notice something interesting though, when I rinsed them before spraying the cleaner on, as per instructions, the water just beaded up and ran off. So I think there must still be a lot of 303 hiding in there.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Likes dgage, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To get ready for a tire coating, I often have to use the tire cleaner 6 or 7 times until it stops browning. Essentially, clean until you don’t get any more brown when cleaning. Then your tires are clean and ready for a coating. But then again, I don’t remember seeing any beading and I usually do coating cleanings with the tires off the car and flat on the ground so I would see beading if they were still beading. I’d suggest to keep cleaning your tires if you want them truly clean and as bare as possible for your tire coating or dressing.

10. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Now i gotta know your secret!

Ok but 1st I want to say that it’s now officially my birthday, so take it easy on me because this may be a bit shocking. I’m pretty certain alot of you will find this pretty hard to believe but what the heck, I’ve avoided this direct question for many years now and it’s time to come clean and see what the reactions will be.

Ok, so the reason this just came up was because the name Armor All was mentioned… As we all know there’s certain brands that are held in less regard than others, but at the bottom of the stack there’s the most infamous of all, Armor All.

Ok so about the Tire Foam: Yea as I stated in my previous post I used that tire product for years with good results.. Those were the days before I ever actually scrubbed my tires clean and it got me by and that was that..

But back around 2014 when I really got more serious into detailing [1st time I actually bought a polisher & pads] the time came to decide what kind of product I would use as lsp to protect it all and check all the boxes that mattered to me. This was after the days of Meguiars NXT. The mainstream/most popular thing at the time was Meguiars Ultimate Wax and of course I was interested so like anything I did as much research on it as I could before actually trying it, but in my research I couldn’t help take some interest in a product that was blatantly claiming to go head to head with Ultimate Wax and according to their youtube videos would basically walk all over it in every way.

Do any of you guys remember those videos I’m referring to? I’ve always wanted to ask that question because of all people you guys would obviously be the ones to have at least seen the ads I’m talking about.. It’s funny even now I’m having a bit of trouble getting the words out. It was a wax [actually a sealant] by Armor All. To be specific it was those videos where they put tape down the middle of a car and drove it through a dirt field and in the end showed the difference between the 2 “waxes” where the Armor All side was way cleaner than the Ultimate Wax side.

Well when the day finally came for me to apply lsp to my freshly polished car for the 1st time, I walked into Oreillys Auto Parts thinking I’d just play it safe and pick up my 1st bottle of Ultimate Liquid Wax, I actually saw that they not only had that Armor All Wax but they had it on clearance. It was at that moment that I got excited to actually try it and find out if what they claimed was actually true. 1 important factor in it was the fact that every Armor All product [at least at that time] had a money back satisfaction guarantee, which I knew they stood behind because I had a legit reason to call them on it for a different product in the past and was granted a full refund.

Ok, so I’ve sort of been curious as to how many people here have actually tried the product, because it’s almost never been mentioned on here except for maybe 2-3 times and the mentions were very brief and got no attention. For the people who don’t know by now, the product is Armor All Extreme Shield Wax.

I’ll probably sound a bit crazy to some for saying this, but I don’t care because it’s the truth. Those bold claims in those videos turned out to be true. And to this day I’ve yet to find another sealant that beads or protects as good and it’s also the easiest and fastest sealant to apply. Literally so fast that it can’t be applied with a polisher because if you tried to do that you’d let it sit too long before buffing it off and basically ruin the application. There’s also no curing time needed, meaning you apply with a foam applicator, wipe off with a towel and it’s ready to protect and bead water better than any sealant I’ve ever tried.

It’s been discontinued for years, but just before it disappeared I managed to buy up as many bottles as I could find locally which is why I still have some today. I actually just used it on a customers vehicle today which is rare because I usually reserve it for personal use but we got surprised with rain today and I needed something that would apply fast in order to beat the approaching rain and also make for the easiest wipedown tomorrow morning.

This is what the beading looks like on the light rain we had today. I took the 1st pic earlier and the night pics just now. Had I known I would’ve taken better pics when there was more rain on the paint..

This is the product I’m talking about and the only sealant I’ve ever tested that actually checks all the boxes and protects against bonded contaminants in harsh environments.

Some of you probably think I’m crazy right about now? Just remember to be nice because it’s my birthday. Lol

[sorry if this post was a bit long. I purposely decided against making a dedicated thread for this topic. Thx for reading]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok but 1st I want to say that it’s now officially my birthday, so take it easy on me because this may be a bit shocking. I’m pretty certain alot of you will find this pretty hard to believe but what the heck, I’ve avoided this direct question for many years now and it’s time to come clean and see what the reactions will be.

Ok, so the reason this just came up was because the name Armor All was mentioned… As we all know there’s certain brands that are held in less regard than others, but at the bottom of the stack there’s the most infamous of all, Armor All.

Ok so about the Tire Foam: Yea as I stated in my previous post I used that tire product for years with good results.. Those were the days before I ever actually scrubbed my tires clean and it got me by and that was that..

But back around 2014 when I really got more serious into detailing [1st time I actually bought a polisher & pads] the time came to decide what kind of product I would use as lsp to protect it all and check all the boxes that mattered to me. This was after the days of Meguiars NXT. The mainstream/most popular thing at the time was Meguiars Ultimate Wax and of course I was interested so like anything I did as much research on it as I could before actually trying it, but in my research I couldn’t help take some interest in a product that was blatantly claiming to go head to head with Ultimate Wax and according to their youtube videos would basically walk all over it in every way.

Do any of you guys remember those videos I’m referring to? I’ve always wanted to ask that question because of all people you guys would obviously be the ones to have at least seen the ads I’m talking about.. It’s funny even now I’m having a bit of trouble getting the words out. It was a wax [actually a sealant] by Armor All. To be specific it was those videos where they put tape down the middle of a car and drove it through a dirt field and in the end showed the difference between the 2 “waxes” where the Armor All side was way cleaner than the Ultimate Wax side.

Well when the day finally came for me to apply lsp to my freshly polished car for the 1st time, I walked into Oreillys Auto Parts thinking I’d just play it safe and pick up my 1st bottle of Ultimate Liquid Wax, I actually saw that they not only had that Armor All Wax but they had it on clearance. It was at that moment that I got excited to actually try it and find out if what they claimed was actually true. 1 important factor in it was the fact that every Armor All product [at least at that time] had a money back satisfaction guarantee, which I knew they stood behind because I had a legit reason to call them on it for a different product in the past and was granted a full refund.

Ok, so I’ve sort of been curious as to how many people here have actually tried the product, because it’s almost never been mentioned on here except for maybe 2-3 times and the mentions were very brief and got no attention. For the people who don’t know by now, the product is Armor All Extreme Shield Wax.

I’ll probably sound a bit crazy to some for saying this, but I don’t care because it’s the truth. Those bold claims in those videos turned out to be true. And to this day I’ve yet to find another sealant that beads or protects as good and it’s also the easiest and fastest sealant to apply. Literally so fast that it can’t be applied with a polisher because if you tried to do that you’d let it sit too long before buffing it off and basically ruin the application. There’s also no curing time needed, meaning you apply with a foam applicator, wipe off with a towel and it’s ready to protect and bead water better than any sealant I’ve ever tried.

It’s been discontinued for years, but just before it disappeared I managed to buy up as many bottles as I could find locally which is why I still have some today. I actually just used it on a customers vehicle today which is rare because I usually reserve it for personal use but we got surprised with rain today and I needed something that would apply fast in order to beat the approaching rain and also make for the easiest wipedown tomorrow morning.

This is what the beading looks like on the light rain we had today. I took the 1st pic earlier and the night pics just now. Had I known I would’ve taken better pics when there was more rain on the paint..

This is the product I’m talking about and the only sealant I’ve ever tested that actually checks all the boxes and protects against bonded contaminants in harsh environments.

Some of you probably think I’m crazy right about now? Just remember to be nice because it’s my birthday. Lol

[sorry if this post was a bit long. I purposely decided against making a dedicated thread for this topic. Thx for reading]
    First of all, Happy Birthday.

As far as I know, we never had that product over here, but evidence based on your own experience usually trumps anecdotal experience from others. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

I applied Mother's CMX a few months ago, mainly to try and use it up, and it is also easy to apply. I then used it as a drying aid about 7 weeks ago. It hasn't been washed since, due to busy weekends and bad weather, and it's still beading up, even on the white roof, which usually loses protection very quickly. In saying all that, I probably won't buy it again once it's used up.

Post Thanks / Like

Polished the leather on my chair with my butt. Its -40 here so not alot of detailing going on. lol

14. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    First of all, Happy Birthday.

As far as I know, we never had that product over here, but evidence based on your own experience usually trumps anecdotal experience from others. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

I applied Mother's CMX a few months ago, mainly to try and use it up, and it is also easy to apply. I then used it as a drying aid about 7 weeks ago. It hasn't been washed since, due to busy weekends and bad weather, and it's still beading up, even on the white roof, which usually loses protection very quickly. In saying all that, I probably won't buy it again once it's used up.

Thanks Dave, and just to clarify I meant in comparison to similar liquid/paste sealants. Anything that’s a sprayed on would of course be like apples & oranges.

16. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 728 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 228628678718719720721722723724725726727728729730731732733734735736737738778828 ... LastLast