autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3D Bead It Up - Product Description

I though the product description for this one was interesting.

3D Car Care - Bead It Up - Hydrophobic Polymer Bead Maker for Ceramic (3dproducts.com)

3D BEAD IT UP is the ultimate spray-on paint and multi-surface protectant that actually does what similar products claim. There are hundreds of spray-on protectants that all claim to make water bead while protecting the paint. Most will do this initially but not only do they not last very long the also leave the paint feeling tacky or rubbery. Many also turn the surface into a dust magnet defeating at least one of the reasons we all detail our cars.
    3D BEAD IT UP is a costly formula, not a cheap me-too product. It uses the best chemistry created in 3D’s own laboratory. Some of the ingredients 3D BEAD IT UP are unique in the world. They use proprietary chemistry invented by 3D.
    So good it can stand on its own as a dedicated sealant. While we market this as a spray-on coating booster and topper for other waxes and sealants, the bonding of this product to a surface is so strong plus the hydrophobic surface it creates as well as the gloss, shine and most important – slickness – you can actually use this as a booster, a topper, or a stand-alone sealant. It simple leaves other products in this category in their own dust.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Bead It Up - Product Description

Are you gonna take one for the team and fire some up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes CleanIT, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I'm trying to be good and stick with what I have for now but at some point definitely. Probably not until Spring though.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marketing........yawn....

There are reviews on YouTube if you care to search, first one I watch and read comments...bead maker was a better product....they say

With any of these products LSP/toppers it's all about what "conditions" they were put up against...sun/rain/snow/mud/bugs...it goes on and on...

8. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet one more choice in the super wide array of products. We'd probably be complaining if we didn't have such choices though.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

10. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Marketing........yawn....

There are reviews on YouTube if you care to search, first one I watch and read comments...bead maker was a better product....they say

With any of these products LSP/toppers it's all about what "conditions" they were put up against...sun/rain/snow/mud/bugs...it goes on and on...
    I haven't found enough "good" reviews of this product yet. I'm always skeptical too with many of the comments. "This stuff sucks it streaked!" only to find out it was applied on a warm panel in the sun etc. I've done the same thing when it came to Hyper-Seal. User error. But in time reviews will be somewhat telling.

12. Likes Bosko, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

how long has it been out?

14. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question, I'm not sure. The product description is recent that I do know because a month or so ago I was browsing their site.

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some and I've used it. First time was to top up after a wash on my coated daily, and it served its purpose well as a topper. It's hard to gauge longevity when used in this fashion but it kept the beading up nicely as the coating is a little weak in spots.

Second time so far was on a customer's vehicle I did a couple months ago. Have not seen them since so I have no report on longevity yet again.

Third time was to top a fresh HD Speed job my brother and I did on his Dodge Mega Cab truck we did last weekend. I'll ask him how to get some beading pics next wash.

Overall the user experience I've had with it is positive though. It doesn't streak like some ceramic-based products and really is easy to apply and wipe off. It leaves a really nice and slick surface without attracting dust at all. It smells great and it's affordable. Pick some up and give it a try, with how cheap and easy it is to use I don't think you will be disappointed.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

20. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast