autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire/rubber cleaners?

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Advanced Auto carries RTU Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner in stores.

Or else if in a pinch, Super Clean is at Walmart as well as Purple Power. Dollar stores carry LAs Totally Awesome APC (I've never tried this one).

Honestly, most APCs and dedicated tire cleaners will do the job. I've used Tuf Shine tire cleaner before and I wasn't blown away by it. It simply cleaned the tire like any other APC. Same for the expensive Gyeon Tire Cleaner.

Just buy what's economical. I just bought a gallon of Megs Wheel and Tire cleaner online for $25. After researching, its one of the most economical in a gallon (designed for tire cleaning). I had been using Nanoskin Multi Clean APC and it did a great job on tires @ 2:1 ratio. It used to cost $12 SHIPPED which was phenomenal deal! But amazon rarely stocks the gallon jug and shipping from Nanos website is way too much now, so on to the next which is now the Megs.
    I use the Meguiars tire and wheel cleaner. Bought the gallon and 32 ounce bottle. Cleans my tires well

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2. Likes evo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me try that again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I'm afraid Roll Off disappointed me. YMMV

I had the same opinion. You heard more of it 5+ years ago. Then it sort of died away. I'm actually surprised it was brought up. I had to check the posting dates to make sure this wasn't an old thread.

But now that I've trashed it, let me step back. It cleans fiberglass really well. If you have a boat or tub you should give it a try.

Oh, and only mix up what you need. Once diluted (I would only use distilled.), it is supposed to be used in 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    I had the same opinion. You heard more of it 5+ years ago. Then it sort of died away. I'm actually surprised it was brought up. I had to check the posting dates to make sure this wasn't an old thread.

But now that I've trashed it, let me step back. It cleans fiberglass really well. If you have a boat or tub you should give it a try.

Oh, and only mix up what you need. Once diluted (I would only use distilled.), it is supposed to be used in 24 hours.
    So you guys are saying it "Rolled Off" everyone's consciousness Tire/rubber cleaners?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So you guys are saying it "Rolled Off" everyone's consciousness Tire/rubber cleaners?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    "Amazingly", yes.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Thanks Klasse Act, MrOneEyedBoh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like 303 Tire & Rubber best. Used the griots foaming tire cleaner to clean for coating and foam didn’t brown by third cleaning.

Used the 303 after and it told a different story. It browned up again.

Using Tifshine now because i wanted a gallon. Its good but the 303 is better, switching back when done.

The 303 doesn’t come in gallons but on a AG sale 4 32oz bottles are $9 more and i feel it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Tuf Shine tire cleaner, Shine Supply Wise Guy, and Tarminator are the 3 best tire cleaners I’ve used with Tarminator being a little better but more expensive so I usually use it first and then the others.

Once I’m out of those, I’ll probably try 303 Tire Cleaner because of that Coatings influencer guy.

Of course I usually only bring those out with new tires or when I’m going to coat a tire. I use Meguiar’s Non-Acid wheel and tire cleaner normally.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LA Totally Awesome from Dollar General is greater than or equal to any of the dedicated tire and rubber cleaners. A $1.00 bottle can be cut 1:1 with water and it will clean 8 tires with two scrubbings each.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I was surprised at how well P&S Brake Buster worked on cleaning tires. If you’re interested in a combination wheel and tire cleaner, it’s worth a look. The price is also good on this one.

Another option that you might be able to to get locally (O’Reilly’s, etc.) is Griots Foaming Tire Cleaner.

I like this one because it works well and if necessary you can just wipe it off with a microfiber towel. No hose is needed.
    I like Brake Buster for tires too, undiluted.

I also use Shine Supply Wise Guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    LA Totally Awesome from Dollar General is greater than or equal to any of the dedicated tire and rubber cleaners. A $1.00 bottle can be cut 1:1 with water and it will clean 8 tires with two scrubbings each.
    Love this stuff and tested it against 303. Getting tires clean as possible for coating. Lot less scrubbing with the 303 if trying to get Tire coating clean.

Still use use for cleaning regular tires and wheels but not on the camaro or chevelle with satin or polished Aluminum.

I do use it as my go to APC. Want to try Optimum Power clean but haven’t found anything i couldn’t take care of with LATA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast