autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got an IK foamer, now need a wheel cleaner that is non acid and clings well

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I didn’t like Brake buster in a foamer. Gave up in it. Tried it again full strength out of a normal sprayer and good stuff.

I like Meguiars ultimate at 3-1 in it but it still better full strength. I only foam Frothe and Bilt Hamber AutoFoam now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use Brake Buster at full strength in the supplied sprayer as well and find it more than capable.

2. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

im not using a ik sprayer but a SOLO brand one that is pretty bad as not a foamer tho. I got to say for wheel cleaners as a mobile guy i want something that works and dont take all day to use. lol I like the alkaline cleaners short of the smell, they smell really bad some of them. Adams makes a good one as does 3d. Im currently using one by a local distributor, stuff is awesome but stinks like hell at the application site. So rinse road first. But holds up in my sprayer without a problem

shop1detail Detail,Design,Accessories

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new at that game...but having luck with Sonax Beast straight out of the bottle. Economically probably not the best for a professional detailer.

Side note, I need to find somebody in the Philadelphia area to do a good cleaning and a coating of the wheels. Also looking for someone to do a full vehicle polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoClue View Post
    I need to find somebody in the Philadelphia area to do a good cleaning and a coating of the wheels. Also looking for someone to do a full vehicle polish.
    Berardi's Auto Detailing and Auto Body! - Berardi's Auto Detailing | Auto Body Repair | Ceramic Coating

It's in West Chester, not too far from KOP.
    Bruno Soares

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend has used them. He gave a great review. I was hoping to find someone on here to work with. Keep it within the family.

But thanks, if I don't find someone, Ill be using them.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend has used them. He gave a great review. I was hoping to find someone on here to work with. Keep it within the family.

But thanks, if I don't find someone, Ill be using them.
    Several people here in your area too but I don't recall anyone that does this professionally. We all take care of our own cars only
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bruno! Some point I will need to dip into trying a compound/polish myself.

Who knew there was so much to learn about detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bruno! Some point I will need to dip into trying a compound/polish myself.

Who knew there was so much to learn about detailing.
    ...and then some...AND SOME MOREGot an IK foamer, now need a wheel cleaner that is non acid and clings well

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes NoClue, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I tried d143 a while back, while meguiars stuff is usually good I was not too impressed. I remember going about 4:1 and it was not very good at removing brake dust. I dont need an acid based product but something that does not make me have to scrub at stuck on dirt would be nice
    The instructions say up to 2:1. Your diluting it way too much which is why your not getting the results.

If your maintaining your vehicles on a regular basis, may I ask how is it that brake dust is stuck on the wheel finish and requires you to scrub it off? I've gone as long as a month without washing one of our daily driven vehicles and I've used car shampoo and some agitation to get wheels clean! If dirt and grime is clinging to the wheel surface and requires strong scrubbing to remove it then I wonder if the clear coat is compromised? Because, maintained wheels with a clear coat aren't that difficult to get clean.

All wheels need some form of agitation for cleaning. If your looking for a spray on - rinse off solution, then you'll need much much stronger chemicals for the job.

13. Likes The Guz, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    If your maintaining your vehicles on a regular basis, may I ask how is it that brake dust is stuck on the wheel finish and requires you to scrub it off? I've gone as long as a month without washing one of our daily driven vehicles and I've used car shampoo and some agitation to get wheels clean! If dirt and grime is clinging to the wheel surface and requires strong scrubbing to remove it then I wonder if the clear coat is compromised? Because, maintained wheels with a clear coat aren't that difficult to get clean.
    A lot of it depends on brake pads and how the car is driven.

My own personal experience for cars I maintain and wash frequently to keep them in good shape:

Daughter's Honda Fit: I never need to use a wheel cleaner. Despite driving a fair amount, she's a cautious driver and she's running the OEM Honda pads the dealer installed when we bought the car. Those pads generate little to no dust at all and I can easily clean the wheels with regular car shampoo when I wash the car.

Wife's Toyota Highlander: She drives hundreds of miles a week for work. The brake pads currently installed dust quite a bit. These are right on the edge of needing a cleaner. If life/weather lead to the car not being washed for a month, I'll need a wheel cleaner. A wash soap won't get them squeaky clean Every two weeks or so, I can still use wash soap.

My BMW: This car has upgraded OEM performance pads and they dust like crazy. Not only that, but the dust is rather "sticky" in nature. A car shampoo will clean them up, but it won't totally remove all the brake dust. A wheel cleaner is needed to cut through the dust in order to get the wheels totally clean; even after only a week or two of normal commute driving. This goes more-so if I drive the car at a performance event or take it on a spirited back road drive. No chance the wheels will get clean with just soap. The VW GTI I owned previously was also equipped with German performance pads and resulted in a similar experience, though the BMW being a heavier car does generate more dust.

I will say, when I do use a wheel cleaner, I'm using one on the more gentle end of the spectrum (i.e. Griots Wheel Cleaner, the green stuff). I don't have to resort to acids, or the "heavy duty" wheel cleaners. I have a bottle on hand for special circumstances, but I've only had to use it once on a couple trouble spots on a set of used wheels I bought recently.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast