autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So Chemical Guys Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I have one of their retail stores nearby and it is fun to go there and talk detailing with the brothers who run the place. Their microfiber wash is very good and their soaps are very good. Their Honeydew Snowfoam is one of my favorites. I like their Tire Kicker Tire Shine and their waterless wash. I am not a fan of many of their other products like polishes, cleaners or conditioners. To me they are overpriced and under performing.
    Amen, Uncle.

2. Likes chilly, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother in law runs a restaurant in Phoenix

Apparently some CG bigwigs were in there a couple weeks ago and being the schmoozer he is before long some comped tacos turned into an invite for a free $2,000 full detail at their store/shop there

He texted me asking if I had heard of them or used their stuffs

I gave him essentially the same answer as you guys…

Meh…

Anyway 3 days later he took it in and picked it up and was thrilled with the way it turned out

He asked me beforehand what people had against them and one answer was it’s just toooooo much

Too many conflicting products and choices

He didn’t get it until he walked in there

He sent me a video of the showroom and said he gets it now

I asked him to ask for a list of products used just out of curiosity

Apparently they did a full correction and a coating and all the other bells and whistles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes PaulMys, Rsurfer, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they make solid products. The multi labeled products are not marketed to us as we Geeks no what to use, when. If we don’t we ask.

There stuff is for the average joe who “likes” to keep there car clean during the summer. Ones who just step up out ofcOTC at AutoZone.

They may not know that you can dilutecan apc to clean interiors, convertible tops rubber floor matts and leather.

Make’s there life easier to be able to buy a interior cleaner, covertibe top cleaner, rubber matt cleaner and leather cleaner. And afain decent stuff.

Mckee’s is heading or at the same mark in my opinion. The just make a better product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a few Chemical Guys products a while ago, mainly to satisfy my curiosity.

With the exception of VRP, I ordered products that I did not have similar in my cabinet.

The New Car Smell worked ok but did not really last.

The Mat Renew was, again, ok. It foamed up pretty good but did not change the appearance like it said it would on the bottle.

The Bare Bones was terrible. Again, it looked ok but it was like applying an oil slick to the fender wells.

The only product that can say I genuinely grab on a regular occasion is VRP. I really like this stuff as a tire dressing.

Chemical Guys have just recently been made available through a large Australian automotive chain, selling alongside the usual big box store brands. It will be interesting to see how much traction they get. Up until now, Chemical Guys products have been sold through a couple of smaller detailing supply companies here, so their brand reach has been quite small compared to how they are consumed in the USA. I also note, like a lot of things in Australia, Chemical Guys have been sold as a premium/up-market brand in the same vein as CarPro. Adams suffer the same fate also. Like for like, I can 100% say that I would take a CarPro product over an Adams or Chemical Guys for the same money.

Like others have said, Chemical Guys just offer far to many products that do the same job. Although, in small amount of deference of CG's, Meguiars also suffer from the same issue.

7. Thanks mchandler thanked for this post
    Likes Bill D, chilly, mchandler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I on the other hand, will not be buying VRP again. It doesn't provide enough shine and even with two coats, is short lived even for a tire product. Much better tire products out there IMO.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

9. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to post a heads up. If you have an Ollies near you, they got some Chemical Guys stuff in. I bought a bottle of the Leather Serum. It seems to be a pretty decent product with a matte finish if you don't like the overly glossy look.

The one thing that IMO hurts them is that they've oversaturated their line. Kind of like Meguiars Jr.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They relabel and resell the same products on repeat and just change the scent. They seem to prioritize marketing over performance when it should be the other way around. I get it's a lot of people's gateway brand, but with hindsight now I can't believe they were even that for me.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

13. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I on the other hand, will not be buying VRP again. It doesn't provide enough shine and even with two coats, is short lived even for a tire product. Much better tire products out there IMO.
    I use it on my tires and find I need to reapply every 3 washes or so. Only takes a moment and I do like how it looks. But I hate glossy tires. I can honestly say this is the only CG product that has stood the test of time in my arsenal.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. So many old friends. Wonder what happened to everybody??

Post Thanks / Like

I have their rolling detailing seat and I really like it. Been through their product line a little.....polishes and compounds were not good, but their soaps are.

18. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast