autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

People not getting the vaccine, not trusting science, but then they go to the hospital where people practice that science called medicine that is built on research that people don't trust.

And then we have needless deaths such as this one of a two-tour Afghan veteran, who died because he couldn't get space for an easy 30 min procedure.
    "Kakli told Begnaud that if it weren't for the COVID crisis, the procedure for Wilkinson would have taken 30 minutes, and he'd have been back out the door."
    Veteran dies of treatable illness as COVID fills hospital beds, leaving doctors "playing musical chairs" - CBS News

But hey, people have their freedoms...to kill other people.

2. Likes NoClue, Bruno Soares, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm staying out of this discussion... I have an opinion but I'm not going to get caught up in this "us vs. them" division perpetuated during this pandemic. Especially on this forum where this type of discourse is minimal to almost non-existent. And that's a good thing that sets this forum apart from many others... Let's keep it that way.

4. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys, Texchappy liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame we have become so divided as a country. It's very concerning.

We better start trusting science and pick up the pace because China is a big threat to our way of life. And they are on it.

6. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    BS & disinformation. We have had multiple diseases virtually eliminated via vaccine ... until anti-vaxxers ruined it. Measles was declared eliminated from the U.S. in 2000. Now it has lost that designation. Gee, wonder why ...
    Not a coronavirus. The nature of them and their spread will not allow the current vaxes to eliminate it.

Oh, right, Fauci & Co. caused all this. More BS.
    gain of function led to this. our gov't and Fauci's involvement funded it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah we should just move on.... till you or someone has a different issue but can’t get into an ICU because it’s filled with Covid 19 patients.

Vaccine mat not be the cure but not getting it and just moving on definitely isn’t.
    Meh......I only track Ohio as that's where I live but in a state of 12M we never even came close to maxing out the ICU beds. Even in this last wave, there were no more than 20% covid patients. The hospitalization and death rates per case have been dropping since January and still are.

YMMV but most of us here are getting back to normal with no issues. Again, transmission is going to continue as it's the nature of a respiratory coronavirus. Time to live with it as we do the other 3 coronaviruses that have been with us for decades.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vaccines are imperative. They're keeping people out of the hospitals and greatly reduce the severity of the illness freeing up resources for medical staff. mRNA vaccines have a lot of potential for other diseases as well.

Unfortunately in the U.S. everything becomes political.

The US's handling and response to Covid has been a complete disaster. We have more deaths than any first world developed nation by a long shot. Quite embarrassing. Didn't have to be that way.

In prior crises, we united as a country. Our last leader did not do that and divided the nation further to the point where this country's future remains at stake. I'm an independent not a cheerleader for any party. The entire situation was a government failure. We were warned about this going back to 2005.

12. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Meh......I only track Ohio as that's where I live but in a state of 12M we never even came close to maxing out the ICU beds. Even in this last wave, there were no more than 20% covid patients. The hospitalization and death rates per case have been dropping since January and still are.

YMMV but most of us here are getting back to normal with no issues. Again, transmission is going to continue as it's the nature of a respiratory coronavirus. Time to live with it as we do the other 3 coronaviruses that have been with us for decades.

The Ohio Department of Health disagrees with this statement.

Unvaccinated Covid patients overwhelm Ohio hospitals as delta surges across state (cnbc.com)

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

Lol that’s like saying child molestation isn’t a big deal because it doesn’t happen in your neighborhood so you shouldn’t worry about it.

And just living with it like other coronavirus’s? Well the other Corona Virus’s aren’t killing people at a unprecedented rate and spreading as easy.

I understand your trying to say it is not thing or as bad as the news says but the way you said it sounds ignorant and selfish.

Also there are seven total types of Corona Virus’s What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Probably me though, musta read it wrong.................

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Vaccines are imperative. They're keeping people out of the hospitals and greatly reduce the severity of the illness freeing up resources for medical staff. mRNA vaccines have a lot of potential for other diseases as well.

Unfortunately in the U.S. everything becomes political.

The US's handling and response to Covid has been a complete disaster. We have more deaths than any first world developed nation by a long shot. Quite embarrassing. Didn't have to be that way.

In prior crises, we united as a country. Our last leader did not do that and divided the nation further to the point where this country's future remains at stake. I'm an independent not a cheerleader for any party. The entire situation was a government failure. We were warned about this going back to 2005.
    Just curious who do you mean by our “last leader”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think our last president could have managed this better and set a better tone,.... not that the current is great by any means. What's done is done. Hopefully we learn something from this.

20. Likes DAC17 liked this post
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast