autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for an LSP suggestion

Looking for input on an lsp. I’m not going the coating route just yet. This is for my dd, a 2020 Honda passport in grey. Car gets driven 60 or so miles daily, is garaged, and I try to wash it weekly.

Looking for decent durability, something that has good water behavior and dirt shedding, and frankly I am looking for ease of use. Having two young boys takes up a lot of my time. Lol

id like a drying aid/booster suggestion as well, as I really do like using something at every wash.

the griots 3 in 1 has definitely caught my eye, so thoughts on that are appreciated as well.

fire away. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for an LSP suggestion

Griot's 3 in 1. It does everything at a pretty high level. You can get bump up the hydrophobic quality of it by going a tad heavier with it, on well prepped paint. Strip whatever was on it for max durability, including what the polish leaves behind.

Made in the US too, in-house. You'd be hard pressed to find something better.

This was recently applied and for the first time applied heavier than before. Most of the independent YT testing shows it outlasts most of the comparable products as well.

Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic - YouTube

GG 3 in 1 - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating 16 oz.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410

JMO and your going to get many. It does not get any more easy then these 2 products. First use the spray coating. Then maintain with the wet wax as your drying aid. Been using this combo for some time now. Stellar results, for me anyway. Sheds dirt right off. After a rain, if the truck was just washed and not moved, it dries spotless!

Looking for an LSP suggestion-0805191328-00-jpg
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage 3 in 1 is a great base product, no doubt about itLooking for an LSP suggestionThere's also their Ceramic Wash to do those weekly washes, works great in a foam gun for pre-wash, if it's dusty it should be able to do spray/dwell/rinse and dry, haven't used it as a soap during a 2BM though but keep in mind this is NOT going to foam as much as it's got ceramic protection in it. Finally the Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine as a drying aid (if you don't use their Ceramic Wash) is an option and when the truck is just a little dusty. While we're talking Griot's Garage they have GREAT towels for drying the truck, applying Ceramic Speed Shine, etc.

Yeah, I like Griot's Garage as I've been a customer since 2005Looking for an LSP suggestionLooking for an LSP suggestion

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

303 graphene 2x year followed by car pro elixr 4x year- very happy with this combo, car looks like it’s under glass all the time.
    Glen -

8. Likes Klasse Act, msharpe785 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's so much good and GREAT out there right nowLooking for an LSP suggestionLooking for an LSP suggestionLooking for an LSP suggestion

Great example was this morning at C&C. My buddy Hectour brought his DD, a Fiesta ST, in black, out to the meet. It was detailed by him and another buddy of ours months ago. This car is outside 24/7 and can go 2 weeks w/o a wash at times. So yesterday he used TWHS ceramic wash and TWHS Wet Wax as a drying aid and when he pulled in I swore he detailed the car, it looked THAT greatLooking for an LSP suggestion

Here's a pic he took after C&C somewhere:

10. Likes chilly, CleanIT, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the TW ice seal & shine would work nicely for you
    1) Its inexpensive, around $10 per
    2) You can get it anywhere ( Wally world, auto zone etc.. ) & dont have to order / wait on it
    3) Easy & fast application and pretty good durability
    4) If you try it and dont like it- you have nothing into it ( compared to most everything out there )

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No arguments here but don't sleep on the ICE wax eitherLooking for an LSP suggestion To keep them fresh wash with the TWHS ceramic wash and use that same ICE spray wax as a drying aid every other week for the "always fresh look"Looking for an LSP suggestionLooking for an LSP suggestion

14. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah-- its hard to beat the new TW line of products for value and convenience. There are boutique products out there that are better but for the average Joe and your DD -- its hard to beat-- real hard

16. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Based upon your desire for "Looking for decent durability, something that has good water behavior and dirt shedding," I'd suggest you use FK-1000 for your LSP and then the TW products for drying aid and spiffer-uppers.
    Fk-1000 gives great protection, it's easy on-easy off, and lasts so you'll have time for your boys.
    Good luck whatever you choose.

18. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast