autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neighbour says HyperWash is killing our grass on the median! I say no! Who's right?!

Well neither our lawns look anything like above (I wish), lol... Lawncare can be as consuming as detailing!
    I washed the cars yesterday just after dinner. I did a good job of not getting soap going towards this boulevard but I also got soaked in the process. Oh well at least it was a very hot muggy day and the water was great
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neighbour says HyperWash is killing our grass on the median! I say no! Who's right?!

Great... now he is saying he will only take care of half of this 7' wide area, lol... He has taken care of it for decades since its 'looks' like its mainly on his side. He put down fertilizer and eggshells etc to bring it back, and last week put grass seed just on 'his side'... wow... So I'll leave our side that he scalped and killed and he can water his side himself now (he doesn't have a hose that reaches there, I made a custom length one that reached there perfectly from our house.) I'm done being nice about this...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

*See post #11.............*
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes Icarus, Eldorado2k, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your neighbor is an idiot.

Lawn care basics :

1. Mow @ 3-4 inches
    2. Always cut with a sharp blade (dull cuts leave any plant open to disease, etc.)
    3. Never mow grass when it's wet (ties in with #2)
    4. Deep-water (~1 in.) once a week during hot/dry spells
    5. Water in the early morning, never at night (promotes fungus)
    6. Always water in any granular lawn products within 24 hrs. of application

That nasty old climate change is coming in to play in many areas as well. What grass (type) that might have once been appropriate for your zone may no longer be so.

6. Likes Icarus, dgage, DFB, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a Karen…

8. Likes Icarus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Great... now he is saying he will only take care of half of this 7' wide area, lol...
    I grew up in a suburban area where the front yards crossed property lines between the driveways. It never made sense to me why someone would mow their front yard and leave a 5 or 6 foot strip unmowed. I know whenever we mowed our yard we went from driveway-to-driveway regardless of the property line. But many in the neighborhood did as you describe.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm worse than a Karen concerning lawn mowing, I'm a Bill. LOL. I don't tolerate lawns/grass not mowed properly or not mowed at all. Ive has issues with the golf course I live on that seem to pop up every single year at the start of Spring. I won't back down though. I will complain and complain until their grass is mowed.So far after an interaction with the golf course superintendent the problem has stopped but I expect it to come back again next year. First World problem, yes
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I'm worse than a Karen concerning lawn mowing, I'm a Bill. LOL. I don't tolerate lawns/grass not mowed properly or not mowed at all. Ive has issues with the golf course I live on that seem to pop up every single year at the start of Spring. I won't back down though. I will complain and complain until their grass is mowed.So far after an interaction with the golf course superintendent the problem has stopped but I expect it to come back again next year. First World problem, yes
    Dude, that’s a bold statement. Where are the pics? At least 1 picture of this grass please. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes un-mowed areas on a golf course are appropriate. They play into the strategy of how to play the hole.

Post Thanks / Like

BS! The one little spot I dump my buckets and wash the suds out is the thickest and longest part of our 1.3 acres
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

14. Likes DFB, Icarus liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast