autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's D115

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's D115

I would say this was my favorite waterless product. A bit pricy but I felt it was worth the cost.

Smells nice and always left a slick and shiny surface.

In my efforts to consolidate product I do not foresee myself replacing this once my last batch is depleted. I will use Uber sio2 as a waterless wash as I tend to only really use one for jambs and a pre soak when I do rinseless as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a bottle last night and gave it a shot on the roof of my truck. Honestly, it wasn't drastically different than the Opti-Clean. Maybe its just how these products are, I'm not sure. I need more time to mess around with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the OTC Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax a LOT this year. I can get a bottle at Walmart for just under $10, if I'm not mistaken. I still get skeeved out when I use it (just because of the entire concept of waterless washing), but I can't say I've had any problems with it at all...just being mindful of good technique each time I do.

Question - A product like ONR can be diluted 256:1 as a rinseless wash and 128:1 as a waterless wash. Does it seem reasonable to use it at 128:1 as a RINSELESS wash? It seems like you'd get even more lubricity if you did, right?

5. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I've been using the OTC Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax a LOT this year. I can get a bottle at Walmart for just under $10, if I'm not mistaken. I still get skeeved out when I use it (just because of the entire concept of waterless washing), but I can't say I've had any problems with it at all...just being mindful of good technique each time I do.

Question - A product like ONR can be diluted 256:1 as a rinseless wash and 128:1 as a waterless wash. Does it seem reasonable to use it at 128:1 as a RINSELESS wash? It seems like you'd get even more lubricity if you did, right?
    I tested the Megs UWW&W and Opti-Clean on paint and on bathroom mirror. The Megs streaked less and dried clearer, quicker, but not by much. I'd say they are very comparable.

Honestly, I'm wondering if ONR or equivalent type product diluted is better than both Opti-Clean and UWW&W for quick touch up of semi-dusty/dirty paint? Waterless washing is pushing it IMO.

The guy from Forensic Detailing tested all of them and ONR (in his tests) showed the least scratches on a test panel. That is something to consider as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt I'll ever do a full waterless wash, but it is nice knowing it can be done.

I just tried ONR @ 1:128 and it works fantastic as a QD.

The goal is to find a product I can use in between washes to touch up the paint - rain for example. You cleaned your car, but it rained overnight. That's the extent of what I'm after, in which case ONR works like a champ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post

Seems like a logical assumption to me. When I use ONR, I tend to put a tid bit more than the ratio calls for. I wouldn't say it ends up being 128:1, though. It's too streaky for me. I think I might give Megs D115 a try as I always end up following ONR with Beadmaker anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Honestly, I'm wondering if ONR or equivalent type product diluted is better than both Opti-Clean and UWW&W for quick touch up of semi-dusty/dirty paint? Waterless washing is pushing it IMO.
    I don’t see how it would be better.
    My reason for not sticking with D115 was simply due to deciding to go with another form of protection as my base, and even though the D115 wouldn’t have been the base, it’s significant enough to interfere [for lack of a better word]

I chose to replace it with Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate as my go to waterless wash. With the WG I have a product that doesn’t leave a significant amount of protection, but on the otherhand feels noticeably less potent/capable than D115 which means I feel the need to be more careful when I waterless wash.

IMO, using the WG Uber is kind of like using Prestone Yellow Universal Coolant vs. Dexcool [or whatever your owners manual recommends for your vehicle]
    The Prestone coolant will get you by, and is more cost effective, but the specialized coolant exceeds the bare minimum requirements in every key factor.

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I doubt I'll ever do a full waterless wash, but it is nice knowing it can be done.

I just tried ONR @ 1:128 and it works fantastic as a QD.

The goal is to find a product I can use in between washes to touch up the paint - rain for example. You cleaned your car, but it rained overnight. That's the extent of what I'm after, in which case ONR works like a champ.
    Doesn’t the label say to mix at 1:8 for a quick detailer dilution? I know we all adjust the ratios for performance or streaking but 1:128 seems like a very light ratio

12. Likes CleanIT, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Doesn’t the label say to mix at 1:8 for a quick detailer dilution? I know we all adjust the ratios for performance or streaking but 1:128 seems like a very light ratio
    You're right. I ended up asking the Optimum folks on the forum and the QD ratio is actually 16:1. I used ONR this morning on a wet rained on car @ 128:1 and it worked perfectly.

Rinseless washing- 256:1
    Water softener – 256:1
    Glass cleaner – 256:1
    Clay bar lubricant – 64:1
    Quick detailer – 16:1
    Drying aid – 16:1
    Interior cleaner – 256:1
    Before pre-rinsing – 256:1
    Engine bay cleaning – 16:1

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for something that "leaves nothing behind" then M37 N914 has been a go to for me for a while now. If you're looking for something that does add some sort of gloss/slickness/protection then the Wolfgang Uber sio2 concentrate is very nice to work with. Been using it to maintain WUCSC and am very pleased with the results.

15. Likes CleanIT, Azure, noorth liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast