autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by hanock1701 View Post

New to the forum and to this thread. I'm interested in trying this on my daily driver that sits outside in the sun all the time.

My question is that can 303 Spray Wax be used on top of this as a topper or drying aid? It might not be necessary because of the beading characteristics of the 303 Graphene Nano Coating, but I usually like the feel of drying aid.
    That's a great question for a 303 Chemist. Here's the link to the 303 website page for this product. There's a FAQ and a way to contact their customer care staff.

303(R) Graphene Nano Spray Coating™ - Gold Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by hanock1701 View Post

Also does anyone know why on the 303 website they don't mention UV protection in the production description for 303 Graphene Nano Coating, but the FAQ section for that product they do?

For comparison, UV protection is clearly stated for 303 Spray Wax right on on the main product page.

Another great question for 303. Here's the link to send them a question.

Consumer Support | Gold Eagle Co

If you get an answer back, please update this thread with the info.

And because this was your first post on this forum,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post

I read recently from one well know chemist that graphene, in his opinion, is not what is causing the beading and hydrophobic qualities in these products. It's coming from other things.

Per this individual, graphene is hype at this point.

I know there are others who will disagree.

I would say this could be for some graphene products - hard part is knowing how to know?

The chemist behind this formula has attended 2 of my car detailing classes. I've gotten to know him and I trust him. I'm just speaking for myself.

4. Likes CleanIT, Azure liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a reply from Gold Eagle Company support, actually pretty fast, within 2 hours of me sending them a message. Here's the reply to the question I asked:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. When applying 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating, there is no need to use any drying aid. However, once the product has been successfully applied, any other protective/cosmetic product can be applied as a secondary coating.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there are any questions."

Post Thanks / Like

I did not polish the car, put on two coats of 303 about three weeks apart in Jan, then followed up about 60 days ago with a quick wipe of carPro elixir, going on month 7, 6000 miles and a tremendous amounts of bugs that wiped right off , still looking good.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-ffe05eb6-c01c-4d7f-b9fd-abfece5106a1-jpg
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of wonder if graphene will be the next silica and be found to be a health risk?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a follow-up to my initial impressions of the 303 documented in Post #112 back in June...

I just used the referenced 303 for the first time on a complete job... A motorcycle detail job. Previous to this complete job I had only used the product on a set of motorcycle wheels and a small test section of a painted fender. The primary characteristic of the 303 that I noticed then was it's "sticky" or "grabby" nature when wiping off and the non-slick nature of the finished parts.

That hasn't changed. It's the nature of the product.

Nevertheless, I decided to give it a more determinative test. I used my 2002 Harley Softail Deuce as the test specimen.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-20210812_182005resized-jpg

I have to say that I am really impressed with the final results. The bike looks phenomenal... The paintworks, the chrome, the plastic, even the matte black control housings.

If you can get by the non-slick attribute of this product, it impresses in every other sense. When I say "non-slick", I'm comparing to a typical wax or sealant. It's not that bad, it's just not as slick as your typical wax or sealant.

The ease of use can't be beat. Just wipe it on, let it haze, and wipe it off. As the haze time increases, so does the "stickiness" during wipe off, but as you develop your process with the product, it's no big deal.

I found the best method for wiping is to initially wipe in a single direction by placing one hand on top of your wiping towel and using your other hand to pull the towel. This will remove the bulk of the hazed product without the towel rolling or twisting under your hand like could happen if you wiped in a typical one-handed manner. Once the bulk of the hazed product is removed, follow with another clean, fresh towel and finish buffing in a typical manner.

Following this usage of the 303 on my bike, I think it was a good choice. Good enough that I'm now more inclined to try it on a car in the future.

Great Product!

Here's a link to a thread with a description and several more pics of the detailing process should you be interested... 2002 HD Softail Deuce - Extreme Detail (autogeekonline.net)

9. Likes PaulMys, dgage, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Here's a follow-up to my initial impressions of the 303 documented in Post #112 back in June...

I just used the referenced 303 for the first time on a complete job... A motorcycle detail job. Previous to this complete job I had only used the product on a set of motorcycle wheels and a small test section of a painted fender. The primary characteristic of the 303 that I noticed then was it's "sticky" or "grabby" nature when wiping off and the non-slick nature of the finished parts.

That hasn't changed. It's the nature of the product.

I have to say that I am really impressed with the final results. The bike looks phenomenal... The paintworks, the chrome, the plastic, even the matte black control housings.

If you can get by the non-slick attribute of this product, it impresses in every other sense. When I say "non-slick", I'm comparing to a typical wax or sealant. It's not that bad, it's just not as slick as your typical wax or sealant.
    My feelings exactly. Like you said, other than the "Non-slick" thing, it's performing better than most other products I've used. My black paint is definitely 'deeper' and it even masked some minor wash-marring...flat out took it away.

Like Mike mentioned in his review, the 303 appears to have a high solids content which is noticeable in its resistance to marring.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered some from Amazon, none of the local stores seem to carry it. Went to Wally World, O'Reilly's & AutoZone. It will be here Monday. It's going on the Kaw 1100... & maybe the Camaro, doubt I will use it on the SB Honda.

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to find a drying aid as it is not slick while drying. Tried a graphene detailer. Not bad. Tried some diluted flex wax. Pretty good.

Any other thoughts on a drying aid? Ceramic speed shine? Meguiars ceramic detailer? Ech2o?

I do feel like 303 delivers strong protection. Went on a road trip recently and the car faced some rough conditions. The nastiness and bugs washed off very easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Car pro elixr….very slick topper
    Glen -

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast