autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots PFM drying towel

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    Hi all,

I am going to continue giving my feedback as i try new products as it seems to be the best way i can contribute back to the forums. all that said:

Recently i purchased a griots PFM drying towel from Advance auto. Its the 25 dollar one. 55504 is the part# I dont think it is available from griots any longer but it can be had other places.

First off this thing is heavy for a microfiber towel. It looks like 4 smaller pieces have been sown together. Its nice and thick too

Drying: WOW, ive been using waffle weave drying towels for years. Ive NEVER had a towel completely dry a surface after a simple wipe. Out of the package it only did about half my car before needing to be wrung out. After running it through the washing machine, it was able to do my entire s4. Its not that big of a towel. I have no doubts the bigger ones they offer would dry some pretty large vehicles. Its low effort to use. Not much more to say

Bottom line, this is a great drying towel.
    I stocked up a year and a half ago when AG had a really good MF sale. Got four of those. 2 large ones and 10 16x16.

I actually like these ones (55504) best. Perfect for drying a Camaro size car... not one drop of water left.

Large ones are 2 big but will bust out if washing 2 cars.

As Eldo said 16x16 are good for rinseless and waterless washes.

I bought some Duplex twisted loop 520gsm 20x30” i believe for $6 when they were having a 40% off sale. They probably are my most basic towels but dry the car as well as my Griots.

Ise these when i use a drying aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    PFM really is amazing. Just be careful if using a drying aid that leaves protection behind as with time it will reduce the towel’s performance. Having said that, I use mine with CarPro Ech2o and don’t have issues.
    That's a good tip. I have used mine with a drying aid a few times. I need to monitor that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    For me, The small 1 is nice for waterless wash drying.
    Yes, I used a small one today for a rinseless wash on a minivan.

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to apologize for mentioning some of the non AG vendors when talking about the PFM. Just dug through the forum rules about AG only products.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots PFM drying towel

I’ve got a confession to make. Lol.

Earlier this week I received this package in the mail, it’s a towel I bought from that big place online and I thought I got a good deal + all the reviews were great [except for 1] so I figured it was a no brainer.Griots PFM drying towel

Omg this towel is Horrible! Yea it dries, but you better not use this on a lazy day, because this towel drags so hard that you’d swear it was a plow! I’ve never experienced anything like it.

If you see this crapolla towel online run, run far away from it. Worst drying towel ever. I don’t usually leave product reviews on the actual listings, but I’m about to rip this towel a new one. Unbelievably bad.

Lesson learned. Ok I’m done venting.

6. Likes PaulMys, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    one of the bigger ones is definitely on my wish list. But this thing was a game changer coming from using a chemical guys and Meguiars waffle weave drying towel.
    Not even in the same universe.

Before I got the PFM's, I would actually skip washing my truck at times because I absolutely hated the drying process.

Now, I can have my entire (full-sized) truck dried in under 10 minutes with zero headaches.

I have the Large PFM, the X-Large, and 2 16x16 ones for my wheels. (although only one is needed at a time).

PFM's are easily one of the BEST detailing products I have ever purchased. Period.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Earlier this week I received this package in the mail, it’s a towel I bought from that big place online and I thought I got a good deal + all the reviews were great [except for 1] so I figured it was a no brainer.Griots PFM drying towel

Omg this towel is Horrible! Yea it dries, but you better not use this on a lazy day, because this towel drags so hard that you’d swear it was a plow! I’ve never experienced anything like it.

If you see this crapolla towel online run, run far away from it. Worst drying towel ever. I don’t usually leave product reviews on the actual listings, but I’m about to rip this towel a new one. Unbelievably bad.

Your cat might like it.

10. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Your cat might like it.
    Good idea.Griots PFM drying towel

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like an extra-large knock-off Chinchilla clone, just less GSM's.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I was excited about the Gauntlets from TRC & the Chipmunks from CarPro and both are very good looking, appear to be well made towels but they drag without a drying aid. Work well to “blot dry or pat dry” but that’s not typically how I use drying towels, unless the paint is crazy soft. If that’s the case, I’m using a dryer to dry the majority of the vehicle anyways.

14. Likes John U liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast