autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can a foaming waterless wash handle dirtier cars than regular waterless wash?

So my thinking is also with the texture. I get rinseless and waterless are supposed to encapsulate the dirt but if you have a solid particle i don’t get how the liquid can encapsulate it completely so no edge will contact the paint.

Think about rolling a marble in rinseless solution. it will be wet but how much solution encapsulates it?

Now roll that marble around in frothe and you’ll have it encapsulated with foam. Just seems like it will do a better job getting between paint and dirt.

I can rinseless with the best of them. My technique is sound as i research alot and use alot of towels.

Alot of you who’ve never used a foaming waterless are just speculating. Like those who talk down on coatings but never tried them.

Try it.... then you can knock it.

Also theirs always something better that eventually comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes robwoodgto, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can a foaming waterless wash handle dirtier cars than regular waterless wash?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    So my thinking is also with the texture. I get rinseless and waterless are supposed to encapsulate the dirt but if you have a solid particle i don’t get how the liquid can encapsulate it completely so no edge will contact the paint.

Think about rolling a marble in rinseless solution. it will be wet but how much solution encapsulates it?

Now roll that marble around in frothe and you’ll have it encapsulated with foam. Just seems like it will do a better job getting between paint and dirt.

I can rinseless with the best of them. My technique is sound as i research alot and use alot of towels.

Alot of you who’ve never used a foaming waterless are just speculating. Like those who talk down on coatings but never tried them.

Try it.... then you can knock it.

Also theirs always something better that eventually comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you. A few years back, I was prepping a bucket solution of Meguire D114 to do a rinse less wash. I noticed that the solution would foamed when I introduced water to it via a pressure washer. So being like most members on this board... I did some experimentations. I mixed a heavier dilution solution and used it with a hand pump foamer. Here is what I found.

1. My garage floor was not as wet as if I used a traditional rinse less method.

2. A heavier dilution of D114 in a foamer would create a wet foam that would dwell on the panel much longer than the traditionally way which in turn increased its cleaning power.

3. Using the MF towels soaked in the same solution to wipe then follow by a clean one gave me the best results.

4. Its still not a replacement for a traditional wash when the vehicle is filthy.

Unfortunately....Meguire stop making D114 and I strictly use it now for my personal use with whatever I have left. Its was a good thing that I loaded up with it a few years back (bought a few gallons of it) and I really haven't anything thats similar to it since.

4. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12