autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer Car Service - Preventing Damage

You could highlight the front of the car when you talk to them so they hopefully take better care with the fender cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post

As above, i am just worried that instead of changing their practices for one guy who pays particular attention to his car...that next time they attempt to clean their mess and cause further damage.
    The root of the problem is that we (Autogeeks) are the 1%ers.

These dealer techs will mar and/or contaminate the paint on hundreds of cars, and the 99% do not care enough to notice. Or if they do, it's just an "Oh well....."

Then, when one of us 1%ers complains, it's like "Huh? What did I do??".

That is the point you need to make with the Service Manager. "I know I don't drive a 100k super-car, but I treat mine the same way".

If they do not respect that, then time to find another dealer/shop.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The mechanics should be pleasantly surprised by how clean our cars are;especially the engine compartment. You’d think they’d have respect when working on such a car
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

5. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    You could highlight the front of the car when you talk to them so they hopefully take better care with the fender cover.
    Yeah, good point. I think it is definitely worth mentioning and showing them that part of the mess.. whether or not i show them the rest i have not decided.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    The mechanics should be pleasantly surprised by how clean our cars are;especially the engine compartment. You’d think they’d have respect when working on such a car
    They actually told me it is a very well maintained car and is in excellent condition! Then they proceeded to cover the whole car in grease...

Post Thanks / Like

That would make me sick to my stomach. Sure hope it wasn’t on purpose.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    The root of the problem is that we (Autogeeks) are the 1%ers.

These dealer techs will mar and/or contaminate the paint on hundreds of cars, and the 99% do not care enough to notice. Or if they do, it's just an "Oh well....."

Then, when one of us 1%ers complains, it's like "Huh? What did I do??".

That is the point you need to make with the Service Manager. "I know I don't drive a 100k super-car, but I treat mine the same way".

If they do not respect that, then time to find another dealer/shop.
    Yeah, that's right. We are the 1%ers and these techs are pretty rough and have to service loads of cars in a day - and with capped pricing now introduced it is harder than ever for them to make money so they pump out the cars in bulk.

I think i would prefer them to get grease on the car than to wash it and instill swirls - so that is something i guess. I am imaging a response like 'well you told us not to wash it, so that is why it returned to you dirty'.

I at least now get to try out my new bottle of CarPro Lift...

I actually had a bad experience when i complained to a panel shop a few months ago. They swirled and put over spray on two of the doors. I didn't even say anything as it was pre detail so i just dealt with it leaving some of the deeper stuff as i didn't want to bother chasing those. Then, i go to clean the door jams with some Rinseless and in a long strip the paint just melts off! They fixed it and while i was there the second time i asked they be careful as last time they swirled, oversprayed etc and it is now polished and coated - he then didn't speak to me again. Dropping off/Picking it up he just ignored me snatching keys from my hands and walking away from me etc I asked questions like 'what was the fix'?.. and he just walked away from me.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That would make me sick to my stomach. Sure hope it wasn’t on purpose.
    I’d like to think not… but I guess you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the tire place that last installed my tires, which was recommended on a Corvertte forum. I made sure my car looked immaculate when I dropped it off. I asked the manager to put their best guy on it please. He said all of their guys were highly trained. So why when I washed the rims later that night did I find a quarter-sized chip on my painted rims and tool marks on 2 other rims? I took it back and they were supposed to send me a check to get the rims repainted but they never did. I left a bad review.
    Dealer Car Service - Preventing Damage-383f5378-e28f-4797-8b45-9f7fe08662a3-jpg
    Dealer Car Service - Preventing Damage-1392e584-c7cb-492d-881b-76af7010d89d-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Sounds like the tire place that last installed my tires. I made sure my car looked immaculate when I dropped it off. I asked the manager to put their best guy on it please. He said all of their guys were highly trained. So why when I washed the rims later that night did I find a quarter-sized chip on my painted rims and tool marks on 2 other rims. I took it back and they were supposed to send me a check to get the rims repainted but they never did. Left a bad review.
    Sucks man! Nothing worse. Have had that happen to my rims as well on my new car. Two of the rims had chips on them. Guy at the shop got really angry and yelled at me when I very nicely suggested it may have happened while at their shop.

He said I need proof and and get a lawyer etc that his shop would not do such a thing. We all know every inch of our cars so if damage appears after a visit to a shop… it’s a 99% chance they caused it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast