autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone else coating tires?

What is the difference between the Black Velvet and something like Meguiars Endurance gel? The way I read Meguiars description which includes the terms polymers I am assuming it is a coating, although Meguiars doesn’t list it as a coating. if it is not a coating what is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Good one. LA Totally Awesome from Dollar Tree does the same job at a lot less price. Dilute it 1:1. Some tires may take 3 or 4 scrubbings.
    I useto use LA Awesome full strength and one scrubbing. Didn't like the fumes so I discontinued when I used up the product. I did like the price - $1.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post
    What is the difference between the Black Velvet and something like Meguiars Endurance gel? The way I read Meguiars description which includes the terms polymers I am assuming it is a coating, although Meguiars doesn’t list it as a coating. if it is not a coating what is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I believe endurance is solvent based and it’s a gel. I haven’t used it in years.

Feynlab is a black tinted liquid that will dry to the touch. Almost like a tire coating. Will last about 4-6 weeks.

4. Thanks robwoodgto thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I believe endurance is solvent based and it’s a gel. I haven’t used it in years.

Feynlab is a black tinted liquid that will dry to the touch. Almost like a tire coating. Will last about 4-6 weeks.
    In your environment much longer, Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite tire product The Guz?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    What is your favorite tire product The Guz?
    I primarily use Pearl. I have been playing around with the Adams Graphene Tire Dressing which has surprised me at how well it looks. I am not to concerned about durability with either one as I will just reapply it every other few washes.

8. Likes dgage, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I primarily use Pearl. I have been playing around with the Adams Graphene Tire Dressing which has surprised me at how well it looks. I am not to concerned about durability with either one as I will just reapply it every other few washes.
    Thanks. One of my problems is I try to get outside before the end of the day and wash my car if I have time and so the tires are still “wet” even if I dry them. So I can’t really put a dressing on until the next day and I won’t do that if I’m going somewhere so dressings are difficult to find time to apply sometimes. And as much rain as we get here in TN, water-based dressings don’t seem to last long. A coating is annoying with some marks showing up randomly on the tire, I’m guessing from rocks on the highway. So a dressing that lasts longer would be nice but until then, I guess I’ll have do a tire coating more often and subsequent more intense cleaning to prepare the tires properly. It’s always something.

10. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks. One of my problems is I try to get outside before the end of the day and wash my car if I have time and so the tires are still “wet” even if I dry them. So I can’t really put a dressing on until the next day and I won’t do that if I’m going somewhere so dressings are difficult to find time to apply sometimes. And as much rain as we get here in TN, water-based dressings don’t seem to last long. A coating is annoying with some marks showing up randomly on the tire, I’m guessing from rocks on the highway. So a dressing that lasts longer would be nice but until then, I guess I’ll have do a tire coating more often and subsequent more intense cleaning to prepare the tires properly. It’s always something.
    What you'll wanna try is Gyeon Tire ExpressAnyone else coating tires? It's specifically made to be applied to "wet" tires.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123