autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone else coating tires?

Just coated my tires with Mckee’s. Bought the big bottle so gonna be around awhile. Just got a gallon of Tufshine and gotta admit I like the 303 tirecand rubber a little better.

It took one less round to get tires cleaner with it. But for price and economics i’d recommend coating alot of tires stick with the tufshine.

Don’t get me wrong TufShine kicked Apc’s and Griots rubber cleaners arse. Just 303 T&R a great product. 3 cleanings and boom! clean slate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage, Klasse Act, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Conti’s a lil more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I like the Conti’s a lil more
    Yeah the guy who owned before did that. Michelins are stock.... almost done. I’m guessing his plan was to switch to the Conti’s all the way around as that is the tire most switch to on the Camaro6 forum....

5. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Just coated my tires with Mckee’s. Bought the big bottle so gonna be around awhile. Just got a gallon of Tufshine and gotta admit I like the 303 tirecand rubber a little better.

It took one less round to get tires cleaner with it. But for price and economics i’d recommend coating alot of tires stick with the tufshine.

Don’t get me wrong TufShine kicked Apc’s and Griots rubber cleaners arse. Just 303 T&R a great product. 3 cleanings and boom! clean slate

Is this the SiO2 ceramic series version? If it is keep an eye on it. Myself and another member noticed after a couple weeks it looked like it had already faded away. Turns out the tire absorbed most of it and it needed an additional 3 layers to get a good look. This version is a pain to remove and much harder to remove than the previous versions.

7. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Is this the SiO2 ceramic series version? If it is keep an eye on it. Myself and another member noticed after a couple weeks it looked like it had already faded away. Turns out the tire absorbed most of it and it needed an additional 3 layers to get a good look. This version is a pain to remove and much harder to remove than the previous versions.
    No it’s the older one non sio2. Got it right before AG dropped it.

I got a month on last car and it looked good but then wrecked it. If i don’t get 3 usable months i may switch.

I accidentally mixed up Tac Systems tire coat and CarPro Perl on one of my Rav4 tires and got about a month durability on that tire where the others coulda used a coat after a 2 weeks. I’m gonna play around with a 50/50 mix next.

I think their both water based so maybe thats why they played well with each other?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner is my current favorite cleaner.
    Good one. LA Totally Awesome from Dollar Tree does the same job at a lot less price. Dilute it 1:1. Some tires may take 3 or 4 scrubbings.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

10. Thanks Paul A. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After 2 days of rain and Brake Buster scrubbing and carwash. The Feynlab Black Velvet has passed the initial testAnyone else coating tires?Anyone else coating tires?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    No it’s the older one non sio2. Got it right before AG dropped it.

I got a month on last car and it looked good but then wrecked it. If i don’t get 3 usable months i may switch.

I accidentally mixed up Tac Systems tire coat and CarPro Perl on one of my Rav4 tires and got about a month durability on that tire where the others coulda used a coat after a 2 weeks. I’m gonna play around with a 50/50 mix next.

I think their both water based so maybe thats why they played well with each other?

Should get you that much. I tossed the bottle of tac systems in the trash. It was not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After 2 days of rain and Brake Buster scrubbing and carwash. The Feynlab Black Velvet has passed the initial testAnyone else coating tires?Anyone else coating tires?

It will be on there for a few weeks. It will lose its color in a couple weeks. No need for a tire cleaner for maintenance. Soap and water and stack a new layer in a few weeks.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Should get you that much. I tossed the bottle of tac systems in the trash. It was not that good.

It will be on there for a few weeks. It will lose its color in a couple weeks. No need for a tire cleaner for maintenance. Soap and water and stack a new layer in a few weeks.
    Thanks for the heads up GuzAnyone else coating tires? I just used the Brake Buster there because I was cleaning the rims, do you think it's too strong to use on the coated tiresAnyone else coating tires?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Thanks for the heads up GuzAnyone else coating tires? I just used the Brake Buster there because I was cleaning the rims, do you think it's too strong to use on the coated tiresAnyone else coating tires?

You should have no need to for any tire cleaner on any tire coating. I don't use one on coated tires. All I use is soap and water. I use a soft bristled brush to knock off any surface dirt. I don't even use a wheel cleaner with coated wheels. My maintenance is just soap and water for them as well and on occasion an iron remover.

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes dwaleke, bob m liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast