autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic coatings long haul .

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    How are you liking the Nova NV (Evo, Jet) still? Think i settled on that.

if you couldn’t get Kamikaze what would be your second choice for paint? I don’t think i’m ready for the Kamikaze process yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So far, it's quite impressive but still very early. Self cleaning is excellent with the NV Nova EVO + Jet combo. Just for grins I used the leftover Jet on my daily driver; hood, roof and trunklid is/was bare after Winter ate the coating off of it I applied last Fall (Yay Graphene!) and rest of car is done with ISM 2.0.

The Evo is pretty much like Kami ISM 1.0 with a bit more of a darkening effect (if it holds up as well over time) The Jet is neat on my car but on the hood, roof and trunk the Spring pollen really messes with it, needs monthly applications which may diminish as the pollen subsides. Pollen mucks up many topcoats around here though.

I used to dig 22ple if Kami not available but have cooled on them mostly due to them being somewhat of a mystery as far as a mfg goes and have seen an exchange or two where they're pretty impressed with themselves; with plenty of other good products out there, they can go jump in a lake. Will know in 8-12 months if EVO can take the #2 slot on my list away from 22ple.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can ISM 2.0 or ISM 3.0 be used by itself? Have you ever done that? Seems like a great one and done option, because it can be used on everything - including trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigez View Post
    Can ISM 2.0 or ISM 3.0 be used by itself? Have you ever done that? Seems like a great one and done option, because it can be used on everything - including trim.
    Indeed they can, they are very nice ‘one and done’ choices. FWIW, ISM 1.0 & 2.0 are no more, at least in U.S…ISM 3.0 is all that is available in that ‘family’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Thanks bigez thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    So far, it's quite impressive but still very early. Self cleaning is excellent with the NV Nova EVO + Jet combo. Just for grins I used the leftover Jet on my daily driver; hood, roof and trunklid is/was bare after Winter ate the coating off of it I applied last Fall (Yay Graphene!) and rest of car is done with ISM 2.0.

The Evo is pretty much like Kami ISM 1.0 with a bit more of a darkening effect (if it holds up as well over time) The Jet is neat on my car but on the hood, roof and trunk the Spring pollen really messes with it, needs monthly applications which may diminish as the pollen subsides. Pollen mucks up many topcoats around here though.

I used to dig 22ple if Kami not available but have cooled on them mostly due to them being somewhat of a mystery as far as a mfg goes and have seen an exchange or two where they're pretty impressed with themselves; with plenty of other good products out there, they can go jump in a lake. Will know in 8-12 months if EVO can take the #2 slot on my list away from 22ple.
    I see that Kamikaze has entered the graphene "space".

I have 1 layer of EVO on most of my car but it took a beating the last 6 mths, hardly washed, low mileage. It was sheeting very strong with unimpressive big/flat beads after an alkaline pre wash and acidic soap bucket wash. I was going to bucket wash it a few more times with reset to see if the beads would come back, it certainty bounced back after the acidic shampoo but i wanted to use up polish angel's high gloss so i done a quick N914 rinseless a few days after the acidic contact wash and topped it with PA.

The pollen is crazy!! Here right now! I won't be adding any LSP's that i want to last right now that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I see that Kamikaze has entered the graphene "space".
    It appears to be a bit more widespread in their line now; previously limited to a Pro-Level Miyabi I believe, now in a few more concoctions.

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I have 1 layer of EVO on most of my car but it took a beating the last 6 mths, hardly washed, low mileage. It was sheeting very strong with unimpressive big/flat beads after an alkaline pre wash and acidic soap bucket wash. I was going to bucket wash it a few more times with reset to see if the beads would come back, it certainty bounced back after the acidic shampoo but i wanted to use up polish angel's high gloss so i done a quick N914 rinseless a few days after the acidic contact wash and topped it with PA..
    I too finally got around to washing my Winter car. Last time it was washed was right before I coated it the day before Thanksgiving. Hooray for coatings, allowing me to ignore my car for months on end since 2016! :lol:

8. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many of these name brand products are the same product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Carpro, Gyeon, Opti Coat, Duraslic, Technician's Choice, Kamikaze are all made in-house. There are a million cheap Chinese coatings and I believe B&B makes a lot of coatings for other private labels?

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I've used a handful of coatings (nowhere near some members here) and none of them have behaved/looked quite the same. The bigger reputable brands will distinguish themselves in some way, which leads to at best a unique in-house developed product and at worst a unique blend of ingredients produced by a common manufacturer (i.e. NJNinja's comments).

At the bottom of the market with the cheap off-brand products it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of commonality. Kind of like when you look for some cheap product on Amazon and there are a dozen products all identical, but with a different brand name.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12