autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First large order, any input?

Quote Originally Posted by Mallowpuff View Post
    What about something like this? 3D HD One and Poxy 5.5? Paint Renewal Kit HD One to polish/compound and Poxy to wax/seal?

Also, update; My friend/body shop just told me he'd rather repaint the entire car from scratch. Like complete pull apart and repaint. Not sure if that would change something.

The reason for it is after a good cleaning I have found 2-3 dents per panel, every panel.
    That looks like a pretty sweet kit. I'd grab that, maybe an extra 6 pack of LC flat pads, and a spray quick detailer to keep it topped off.

Since the car is getting repainted soon, now is actually a good time to practice some polishing techniques, since it won't matter if anything were to go wrong (not that it would). I'd be too anxious to try my new polisher if I were you, the G9 is a fun tool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    That looks like a pretty sweet kit. I'd grab that, maybe an extra 6 pack of LC flat pads, and a spray quick detailer to keep it topped off.

Since the car is getting repainted soon, now is actually a good time to practice some polishing techniques, since it won't matter if anything were to go wrong (not that it would). I'd be too anxious to try my new polisher if I were you, the G9 is a fun tool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the exact same thing!

I am getting everything sorted and I will post my final updated list.

Post Thanks / Like

The protection of 3D Speed is around 4 to 6 weeks. To extend the protection durability .... I been layering 303 Graphene on top of Speed. I did a maintenance wash recently on the Range Rover in the link I posted earlier and its still holding up strong.

My daily driver has the same set up and it sat outside 24/7 for the last few months. I did my first wash on it over a week and a half ago and the protection shows no signs of degrade. Dirt and grime came off easily. I am also seeing the same from several other vehicles.

4. Likes crg001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Final list?

I have a Nanoskin fine pad and McKee's N-914 on the way from Amazon.

I think I am ready to order?

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you have the Carpro block and towels in the list if you’re not coating anymore? Just to have them for a future coating job?

If you’re getting the G9 make sure to use the 5” backing plate designed for it instead of the generic LC one.

And Reset is a fantastic soap for coatings but in my experience it does degrade weaker LSPs like waxes or sealants so again, if not coating, I’d consider a milder soap.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Why do you have the Carpro block and towels in the list if you’re not coating anymore? Just to have them for a future coating job?

If you’re getting the G9 make sure to use the 5” backing plate designed for it instead of the generic LC one.

And Reset is a fantastic soap for coatings but in my experience it does degrade weaker LSPs like waxes or sealants so again, if not coating, I’d consider a milder soap.
    You're right, I need to take those out. Or I could keep them in I guess for a future job like you said. I just received the Pearl towels because I ordered those earlier so I may just get everything and be ready.

The real GG one is sold out, however I'll see if it's somewhere else.

I see.. I'll look at a different wash. Do you have an opinion a lighter soap that foams well in a cannon? I'll probably get Reset too and keep it for when I coat as well.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

How about this? Got the GG backing plate with pads, moved down to the 6 pack of pads because the plate has 6 with it. I think I have a good assortment of pads, like 6 orange, 5 white/black(LC&GG) polishing, and 4 waxing. I am unsure if the white LC is fine enough for polishing but I think it is. Also any opinion on Jescar Car Shampoo? I heard good things on a few different places but I can swap it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal on the plate with pads.

As an alternative for Reset I would recommend Meguiar’s Hyper Wash. Very economical too as it’s super concentrated.
    Bruno Soares

10. Likes PaulMys, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For pads I think orange and white will be the most used ones. I rarely use black and red.
    Bruno Soares

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    For pads I think orange and white will be the most used ones. I rarely use black and red.
    Changed to HyperWash.

I think the black pads with the adapter is closer to a white LC pad. It says polishing, no finishing.

As for the red, I am doing actual wax so I think that's best no? I was told waxing with a pad with any cut is a big no-no.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast