autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's Plush Edgeless Towels?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Not saying it is a bad towel. But for QD/Drying Aid the Griot's towels would be a better option. They appear similar to the TRC eagle's. Pluffles are drying towels. The TRC Gauntlet is better than the pluffle as a drying towel.
    So the other day, I did a quick WW with Ultima and used both the GG Plush and the Pluffles (who thinks of these names) and I agree for the task at hand the GG's were better. Also after washing, just by the feel of it the GG's are a more substantial towel. But then again, my error, I did not know Pluffles were drying towels - and for drying, I don't think there's much better than the PFMs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If comparing to an EE 500 both break out too around $5 ea.

I’ve got EE around 3yrs old that do eavy liftimg for my rinsless’s and still no loose threads and soft as new.

Guess different experiences for different users. I’m a GRIOTS fan as I live 25 mins from their HQ and have loved almost everything from them.

The two things that have not impressed me are their glass sealant and any MF i’ve used from them except PFM’s

Recommend EE 500’s over both. Like the Pluffles but EE more versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That must be addictive living close to that candy store! I'm also a huge GG fan - products and customer service. But I guess few companies with such an extensive line of products are capable of hitting home runs all the time.

I agree with you about their glass sealant - just a meh product. I would also add their foam sprayer - I think I bought three and all started leaking at the handle. Their basic Glass Cleaner is another just ok product, certainly not a standout. Last to my list are the new microfiber wheel mits - pretty useless for wheel cleaning.
    But I do like GG's other towels also the old as well as new glass cleaning towels are superb for the task at hand. Also like their green interior/leather cleaning towels as well as wax removal and their detailing towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    That must be addictive living close to that candy store! I'm also a huge GG fan - products and customer service. But I guess few companies with such an extensive line of products are capable of hitting home runs all the time.

I agree with their glass sealant - just a meh product. I would also add their foam sprayer - I think I bought three and all started leaking at the handle. Their basic Glass Cleaner is another just ok product, certainly not a standout. Last to my list are the new microfiber wheel mits - pretty useless for wheel cleaning.
    I talked my buddy into buying the new Brilliant Finish Foam Cannon from Griot's Garage, looking forward to hearing his input and having a go myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I talked my buddy into buying the new Brilliant Finish Foam Cannon from Griot's Garage, looking forward to hearing his input and having a go myself.

I hope he has better luck with it than I did. I just took a peek at the reviews and they are mixed - hopefully he and you will have a positive experience with it.

Me - I bought this one (or similar) Blackfire Quart Foamaster Foam Gun

It is a very high quality unit and has brass fittings where needed and works perfectly. It's what GG's should be, but then again, GG's is quite a bit less expensive.

I also have a MTM Foam Cannon for use with the pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I hope he has better luck with it than I did. I just took a peek at the reviews and they are mixed - hopefully he and you will have a positive experience with it.

Me - I bought this one (or similar) Blackfire Quart Foamaster Foam Gun

It is a very high quality unit and has brass fittings where needed and works perfectly. It's what GG's should be, but then again, GG's is quite a bit less expensive.

I also have a MTM Foam Cannon for use with the pressure washer.
    Well he's using a pressure washer and yes, I hope he has better luck. I watched Auto-Fanatic's review and he's pretty picky, so I was on board. I'd like to think it has brass bits in it. The price is cheaper than their other unit, wonder if that one will be sticking aroundRag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?

Post Thanks / Like

Well he's using a pressure washer and yes, I hope he has better luck. I watched Auto-Fanatic's review and he's pretty picky, so I was on board. I'd like to think it has brass bits in it. The price is cheaper than their other unit, wonder if that one will be sticking aroundRag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?

Duh, my error as I was referring to their Foam SPRAYER, Brilliant Finish™ Foaming Sprayer

- Griot's Garage
    not the Cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah check out Auto-Fanatic and his review of the brand new Griot's Garage Brilliant Shine Foam Cannon, should answer some questions Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?

9. Thanks bob m thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah check out Auto-Fanatic and his review of the brand new Griot's Garage Brilliant Shine Foam Cannon, should answer some questions Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's  Plush Edgeless Towels?

Thanks for the heads up about Auto-Fanatic - looks like a good site. Yep, excellent review for what looks to be a quality product.

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’ll probable be sticking around as being part of the boss system it’s designed to work with the bottles of surface prep, wash, and polygloss.

You can hook the cannon directly to bottle. Also change the different ends to control foam density.

13. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's Plush Edgeless Towels?

They can be used as [mention]The Guz [/mention] does for all surfaces. The are not better than PFM’s but I do like them with drying aids.

They actually only recommend it for small area touch up for drying, even on large sizes

Also I read somewhere that they excel at waterless and rinseless because like a waffle weave the pockets give the debris somewhere to go.

For rinseless and waterless i like them but no better than EE.

I feel where they excel is using a drying aid to dry. I’m sure those Griots are fine but i go with the EE as Griots rarely has MF on sale.

If AG carries the Griots I would recommend ordering a pack of both and forming then giving us your opinion on both. I’m sure you will find uses for both.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast