autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is anyone's car in pristine condition?

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Paul,

I appreciate the sentiment and perhaps it's a better way to think about it, but that's just not my nature. If it were my "work truck" I would feel differently - perhaps. But it's my daily driver that I don't drive daily. Again, pings and scratches are inevitable on anything other than a garage queen, so I/we have to accept that. But I certainly don't like it. I would not necessarily be proud of my perfectly coated and maintained car if it were scraped, pinged and bumped.
    I can appreciate that. I’ve had 11 daily drivers in my live. I can’t say one had it any better than the others. But even my garage queen has scars. There was a sign over a very well worn 1936 Bugatti at the Lars Anderson Museum making note at how bad the condition of the car was. Stating Lars drove them and enjoyed them.

My point is, life is short. I look at my own body with scars all over, and surgical steel holding my neck together. I’m blessed and imperfect! If I worried about all 11 DD’s (most probably on the scrap yard by now) I’d have wasted precious time.

And don’t forget, some guy paid $3.74 Million dollars for this old beat up Mustang. Is anyone's car in pristine condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Desertnate, oneheadlite, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    But guys, what about the interior?

Certainly it can be closer to perfect than the exterior or is that just me?
    Interior is way easier to keep clean for me. I'm usually the only one in it, sooooo, it's a protected area. Keeping it the seats, dash and doors protected with Pinnacle Black Label Leather and Vinyl Coating Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating. On the touch screen and the soon to be PPF'd the damn piano black door handle and center console areas I use a very delicate cleaner.

But - and here I go again, the biggest improvement in the car interior's visual appearance goes to the mats. Mats are literally impossible to keep clean - well because they ain't supposed to be clean, they are there to keep the carpeting clean, BUT I just don't like the looks of dirty mats. So, my WT All Season mats came off and are stored away and these USA Made Cocoa mats are in there now. BTW, the seats are a deep maroon, kind of like black cheery in color, the the bright red shown in these pics.

Is anyone's car in pristine condition?-maaaaaaatttsss-jpg Is anyone's car in pristine condition?-cocaaaaaaaaaa-jpg

4. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Interior is way easier to keep clean for me. I'm usually the only one in it, sooooo, it's a protected area. Keeping it the seats, dash and doors protected with Pinnacle Black Label Leather and Vinyl Coating Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating. On the touch screen and the soon to be PPF'd the damn piano black door handle and center console areas I use a very delicate cleaner.

But - and here I go again, the biggest improvement in the car interior's visual appearance goes to the mats. Mats are literally impossible to keep clean - well because they ain't supposed to be clean, they are there to keep the carpeting clean, BUT I just don't like the looks of dirty mats. So, my WT All Season mats came off and are stored away and these USA Made Cocoa mats are in there now. BTW, the seats are a deep maroon, kind of like black cheery in color, the the bright red shown in these pics.

Is anyone's car in pristine condition?-maaaaaaatttsss-jpg Is anyone's car in pristine condition?-cocaaaaaaaaaa-jpg
    In Arizona, we have a thing called "Arizona Accent." That means 5 minutes after you clean something it's covered in desert dust again. I clean my matts, do a wipe down, go for a spin, a bit of a hike on a trail and come back and it's done. When my hiking shoes turn sand color, as does my floor mats... you know it's been a good hiking day! Yes the weather tech's get dirty real fast... but keep those on for a few years and then make note of how pristine the carpet is under them. They work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    In Arizona, we have a thing called "Arizona Accent." That means 5 minutes after you clean something it's covered in desert dust again. I clean my matts, do a wipe down, go for a spin, a bit of a hike on a trail and come back and it's done. When my hiking shoes turn sand color, as does my floor mats... you know it's been a good hiking day! Yes the weather tech's get dirty real fast... but keep those on for a few years and then make note of how pristine the carpet is under them. They work!
    Love the WT's for their protection in the winter months and they are on from December until late March. Come the warmer weather, I really enjoy the cocoa mats for almost always looking clean with almost no maintenance and the obvious protection to the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    If it's supposed to be pristine, I should have left it on the dealership lot. LOL.
    Have you seen what happens to those cars on the lot!

Leave it at the end of the assembly line and roll into one of those inflatable bubbles

Post Thanks / Like

I once had a situation in which I miraculously got away with it. I bought a used car on the copart website. It turned out to be sunk, but the electronics and everything else was perfectly fine until recently. I'm driving down the highway and all of a sudden the car almost completely stops turning. It was a Mercedes Benz based on a 722.9 transmission. It was over 150 miles to the end point. Thank goodness I found the cause of the breakdown using the transmission repair manual.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas166 View Post

Thank goodness I found the cause of the breakdown using the transmission repair manual.
    After you found the cause and the fix using the manual - did you fix it yourself?

What year is this Mercedes-Benz?

I'm very mechanically included but I don't think I would tear apart a modern Mercedes-Benz transmission let alone remove it from the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I washed my wife’s car yesterday (rinseless as has been the habit for the last 7 years we’ve had it). It’s gone through some times of abuse/neglect with my health. I was really surprised how good it looked.
    Is anyone's car in pristine condition?-c9210c85-92fa-4d99-a138-7a4f38614b8d-jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345