autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: cleaner for undercarriage

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Is the UNDERWASHER the real deal? YOU BETCHA. Finally got to use this unique tool. I did not pre-soak the undercarriage with any APC first. I wanted to see how the underwasher did solo. Pressure was great. Using the tool was really easy. Moves back & forth with little effort. Shut off valve is nice. Just make sure to turn it off when you move it out from the vehicle, or you will get wet. The standard was perfect for me. More than enough reach under the truck. Me being me, i looked under the truck when i was done. I was amazed how clean this tool really did get the undercarriage after weeks of salt, dirt and snow. One of the best detailing tools i have gotten. If you don't have a pressure washer, and are working with a standard hose, this is the way to go. BUY ONE!
    Thank you...this idiot is no longer in suspense

2. Likes PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After looking at a lot of these products, especially of those on Amazon, the car enthusiast in me spotted that many of them appeared to be using fuel rail stock and that made perfect sense. So I ordered a stick of fuel rail stock, some nozzles appropriately sized for my Kranzle and we will see how my custom creation compares to some of these others ranging all the way up to $605. Fuel rail stock should arrive next week.

Post Thanks / Like

For now I’m using my surface washer attachment flipped upside down on a rolling tool tray. Works fairly well. I’m interested in seeing the fuel rail homemade setup.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Is the UNDERWASHER the real deal? YOU BETCHA. Finally got to use this unique tool. I did not pre-soak the undercarriage with any APC first. I wanted to see how the underwasher did solo. Pressure was great. Using the tool was really easy. Moves back & forth with little effort. Shut off valve is nice. Just make sure to turn it off when you move it out from the vehicle, or you will get wet. The standard was perfect for me. More than enough reach under the truck. Me being me, i looked under the truck when i was done. I was amazed how clean this tool really did get the undercarriage after weeks of salt, dirt and snow. One of the best detailing tools i have gotten. If you don't have a pressure washer, and are working with a standard hose, this is the way to go. BUY ONE!
    I agree with the above, after using mine today. I did not go look closely at the undercarriage when finished (only the middle of the under side is exposed, the sides are covered for protection but were still nasty and cleaned up well). I had bought the Salt-away and dilution attachment also. The amount of filthy, salty water that dripped down (first after water only, but especially after using Salt-away) was amazing, which is why I’m happy with the purchase of the washer and the dilution piece.

The only thing I’ll add is that I got the wheelie, long version. The wheelie didn’t make much or any difference on my bumpy driveway, and since you are waving the wand left and right, not just forward and back, I didn’t see much benefit of wheels. The extra length may have helped but might be barely harder to guide. I’m not sure since I haven’t used the standard Underwasher. So no complaints about getting the longer version. Just no glaring benefit from wheels.

6. Likes MisterSnoop, dgage, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Underwasher.... sounds like a detailing based super villain from the Incredibles.

Or some one who doesn’t wash their car well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Underwasher.... sounds like a detailing based super villain from the Incredibles.
    Thank you! I've been thinking that the whole time.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear it worked out for you acuRAS82. Understandable about the wheels. A tool your not going to use every wash, but to remove all that mess from the undercarriage when needed.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234