autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    One of the sticking points for me was that the SPS was a great coating from May thru December, even when I Ignored it for the most part and didn't top it with anything. Come May though (Winter took a LOOONG time to go away this year) it just didn't clean-up/recover as well as the ceramics I have used. Again, though...does that have anything to do with graphene or the other parts of the formulation? Dunno...

Heresy I say...Heresy!! I now have to block you!!!

Kinda funny, really...we coating junkies try to science the living crap out of coatings but at the end of the day, personal preference based upon intangible, non-measurable factors plays a large part in what becomes one's favorites. All things being equal performance-wise, I just 'feel better' using my favorite products. When I stripped of the SPS and went back to a favorite brand on my daily, I suddenly just plain 'liked' the car a little better. Weird.
    Thanks much for the reply. I wouldn't blame ya blocking me for stripping Zipang lol. That's an amazing coating.
    I did a blue 2018 Gt350 in it also and it's performing very well.

I will be going back to Zipang on my T/A eventually, exspensive test lol
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Thanks much for the reply. I wouldn't blame ya blocking me for stripping Zipang lol. That's an amazing coating.
    I did a blue 2018 Gt350 in it also and it's performing very well.

I will be going back to Zipang on my T/A eventually, exspensive test lol
    Eh, I'm removing ISM 2.0 from my trunk and hood to try the Ethos on 'em. Trunk had a stain that I KNOW was gone prior to coating but after sitting outside in the sun for a few days, re-appeared. The hood I just plain gooned up because it was the last panel I did and by then I thought I was so smart that I didn't need to follow the application directions as I had for the rest of the car; I was wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Eh, I'm removing ISM 2.0 from my trunk and hood to try the Ethos on 'em. Trunk had a stain that I KNOW was gone prior to coating but after sitting outside in the sun for a few days, re-appeared. The hood I just plain gooned up because it was the last panel I did and by then I thought I was so smart that I didn't need to follow the application directions as I had for the rest of the car; I was wrong
    Ya, that will happen lol.
    Post up or let me know your thoughts on Ethos after you try it out.

I personally am liking it a lot.
    Gives a very deep, rich, wet, soft look.
    Very good waterbeading & VERY very good water sheeting properties.
    Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-160618_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-090021_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-090003_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-085940_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

4. Likes BudgetPlan1, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Ya, that will happen lol.
    Post up or let me know your thoughts on Ethos after you try it out.

I personally am liking it a lot.
    Gives a very deep, rich, wet, soft look.
    Very good waterbeading & VERY very good water sheeting properties.
    Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-160618_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-090021_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-090003_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?-screenshot_20200729-085940_gallery_copy_1280x623-jpg
    Looks great on your car!

As always, will be blathering endlessly about it as time progresses: SPS Graphene Coating and Ethos Graphene Matrix Coating | Life's tough, wear a helmet.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't kept up with this thread on AG as much as I have on Autopia.

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Here is the latest update

I decided to give the Jade Graphene Pro Ceramic Coating a go on my dad`s car. This one will be maintained and I will post updates in this thread unless some of you want a dedicated thread on this specific. I had polished off the 6 month old 22ple Insanity as it had been water spotted 2 weeks after the initial application.

This is a made in the USA coating. It is the house brand for B&B Blending.

For future reference it was coated on 1/9/2021

7. Likes PA DETAILER, noorth, Misterpaul liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious Mike, for future reference what did you use to polish off 6mth old 22ple?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I haven't kept up with this thread on AG as much as I have on Autopia.

Here is the latest update

I decided to give the Jade Graphene Pro Ceramic Coating a go on my dad`s car. This one will be maintained and I will post updates in this thread unless some of you want a dedicated thread on this specific. I had polished off the 6 month old 22ple Insanity as it had been water spotted 2 weeks after the initial application.

This is a made in the USA coating. It is the house brand for B&B Blending.

For future reference it was coated on 1/9/2021

Nice Mike, but you need to wash your towel.

10. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Just curious Mike, for future reference what did you use to polish off 6mth old 22ple?
    Meguiar’s M205 with a Rupes yellow. Was t that hard to remove it. It’s actually not that difficult to remove a coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Nice Mike, but you need to wash your towel.

12. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive my ignorance because I should know better but this "water apotting" everyone is speaking about, is it:

A. water/dirt that dries on the paint after it rains/driving in the rain or...

B. the same as A but doesn't come off after a car wash?

If the answer is B I guess I'm fortunate because I don't have this problem one bit. I coated my car with TAC System Power Plus in mid June 2020. Since then I've washed the car once a week, atleast (not so much when it snows) and have topped it with many products but in Oct/Nov I applied the 303 spray graphene to my car. I'm at about the 10 week mark right now, light winter so far and it's been through some "safe" drive-thru carwashes even.

The top sides of my car, especially the C pillars, even after driving in the rain/snow, look virtually untouched by Mother Nature, LOL.

I know the 303 graphene isn't the super strong, concentrated graphene being spoken about here but its working great as a topper on my TAC System Power Plus coating.

This thread has been a Tour De Force, Guz droppin' fact hammers all over the place...walk softly and carry a big stick!

Guz if I win the Mega Millions I'm paying for a Northstar swap into the GPIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it was rain. It was applied in June when there is no rain in So Cal. If anything we had the June gloom time frame. It was not from a sprinkler as water sports were mostly peppered on the hood. Maybe it came from the neighbor as she does have a tendency to water and shoot water over the block wall which is impressive in its own right.

I recall not washing it for 2 weeks. I forgot to mention there was still paint overspray on most of it when my dad was painting the gates around the house. So it needed clean up for that.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast