autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex XCE 8-125 for production buffs?

I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket with the end of the year coming up and have been debating buying a new buffer to solve said problem.

I'm currently using a gg6. 99.9% of my jobs are HD speed with a white lake country pad as it produces the results people love around here. I've also got a G9 laying around that I used to use

I am so tired of fighting my 50' extension cord that somehow is always 1' shorter than I need it to be, and have been eyeballing the Flex XCE 8-125 since it's cordless.

Would this be a good option for production buffs? I've read that a forced rotation buffer is the way to go for AIO jobs as they save a lot of time but usually when people say that they're talking about the BEAST.

Thanks guys
    The best way to get revenge? Teach them how to detail. They'll spend the rest of their life worrying about the condition of their car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex XCE 8-125 for production buffs?

Ed..

I have the CBEAST. Love..Love the cordless! That is about all I use now these days.

If you can knock out a job with the gg6, then you'll do great with the cordless! And much, much faster too.

Just remember to watch the panel edges! These force rotation tools can burn through edges in a heart beat!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

3. Thanks Ed Abbondanzio thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tom! I think I'll pull the trigger on ordering one tomorrow. I think with enough practice it'll be exactly what I need to save some precious time.
    The best way to get revenge? Teach them how to detail. They'll spend the rest of their life worrying about the condition of their car.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome---you're gonna love it!

Had an issue with a spot on car leaving the shop. All it needed a light hit with polish and car was outside. Told owner to wait a sec.
    Ran in grabbed the cordless---and polish, ran out and the issue was done on the spot!

I am just surprised that companies aren't getting in or cordless wagon. Everything in shop is cordless now. Air pressure and compressor is on the way out.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

I love the cordless option and it’s really nice not fighting the cord. The CBeast is a great tool and if you purchased it, I’m sure you would be happy.

That being said..... the title says “production” buffs! If you are looking to up your game on production details, either the Beast or Supa Beast is the route I would personally take. It will cut the time you spend buffing a vehicle down compared to the GG6. HD Speed, a white pad and a forced rotation DA machine is certainly a fantastic combo for production detailing.

You may want to answer if cordless with a little less power and more time is the way you want to go or...
    Corded, with Max power and the least amount of time buffing while still getting stellar results is the route you want.

Personally if I am doing production jobs, I generally grab a corded model.

You can always add what ever machine you don’t get in the future to you arsenal.... more options, the better for you!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out. You may find it helpful!

BUFFERS: If I had to do it all over again......
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Check this out. You may find it helpful!

BUFFERS: If I had to do it all over again......
    Thanks for linking that thread I was actually trying to find it again right before posting this! Your thread is what convinced me to go with a forced rotation over a long throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I love the cordless option and it’s really nice not fighting the cord. The CBeast is a great tool and if you purchased it, I’m sure you would be happy.

That being said..... the title says “production” buffs! If you are looking to up your game on production details, either the Beast or Supa Beast is the route I would personally take. It will cut the time you spend buffing a vehicle down compared to the GG6. HD Speed, a white pad and a forced rotation DA machine is certainly a fantastic combo for production detailing.

You may want to answer if cordless with a little less power and more time is the way you want to go or...
    Corded, with Max power and the least amount of time buffing while still getting stellar results is the route you want.

Personally if I am doing production jobs, I generally grab a corded model.

You can always add what ever machine you don’t get in the future to you arsenal.... more options, the better for you!
    The main reason why I'm leaning towards cordless is because my shop electrical isn't quite up to snuff and could use some improving. Ideally I'd like to add a bunch of electric cords on reels and a few more circuits but all of that is gonna cost more $$$ than I have right now.

I don't mind taking a little more time on each job with a cordless option than what a corded forced rotation buffer would take because I'm sure it's still faster than what I'm doing now with the gg6. And like you said I probably will just buy an additional buffer down the road once the electrical in my shop is improved.

And maybe it's a good thing to start with a slightly weaker forced rotation buffer for a newbie? I've got a little bit of time behind rotarys but not nearly as much as my gg6 or g9.

9. Likes Dr Oldz liked this post
    Mike Phillips

The CBEAST is a very capable tool.

Zero pad stalling in most cases will get you to the finish line faster than any tool with pad stalling. There are exceptions.

The best thing is - no cord to deal with. I used less than 3 battery charges to buff out this Ferrari using Pinnacle Jeweling Wax and multiple RUPES 7" white foam pads.

I also swapped out the factory 5" backing plate and installed the 6" optional backing plate so I could turn and churn the larger 7" pads.

The black foam pad was for machine applying the Souveran Paste Wax. All the white pads were for the Jeweling Wax.

Here's everything I used. Note the PiXiE and the Nanos

This old 2-door European job came out nice via the CBEAST.

11. Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    The CBEAST is a very capable tool.

Zero pad stalling in most cases will get you to the finish line faster than any tool with pad stalling. There are exceptions.

The best thing is - no cord to deal with. I used less than 3 battery charges to buff out this Ferrari using Pinnacle Jeweling Wax and multiple RUPES 7" white foam pads.

I also swapped out the factory 5" backing plate and installed the 6" optional backing plate so I could turn and churn the larger 7" pads.

The black foam pad was for machine applying the Souveran Paste Wax. All the white pads were for the Jeweling Wax.

Here's everything I used. Note the PiXiE and the Nanos

This old 2-door European job came out nice via the CBEAST.

Thanks Mike!

You all drive a hard bargain. I ordered the CBEAST from AutoGeek. I went with the 5.5" Buff and Shine kit because I've been itching to try out Buff and Shines pads. Should be quite the step up from my gg6

Post Thanks / Like

Using "hello1521" will get you 15% off a Flex today!

14. Thanks ollever thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast