autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

Are you swapping batteries at 2 bars remaining and that still gave 40 minutes at max speed without losing power?

Mike Phillips

Done.

Battery had 2 bars left.

It’s 2:30pm - took me 1/2 hour to finish rest of car.

On larger panels I did 8 section passes.

On thin long/narrow panels I did 10 and/or 12 section passes.

Going to wipe-off next the cost with 303G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to do a one step production detail to this SUV - including every square millimeter a top to bottom.

Gear-driven orbital saves you time while putting out pro quality results.

Hang tight - will make a video.

Mike Phillips

Here’s a video I just made

Mike Phillips - 1 hour and 10 minutes to do a One-Step...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here’s a video I just made

Mike Phillips - 1 hour and 10 minutes to do a One-Step...

Awesome video! Car looks great.

So in your opinion, how much less power is this versus the super beast? Do you need to change batteries around 2 bars to maintain maximum power?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Davidz58 View Post

Are you swapping batteries at 2 bars remaining and that still gave 40 minutes at max speed without losing power?
    Nope.

On the first battery - I ran it until it died running.

And for what it's worth - for every body panel I did my normal downward pressure, arm speed and number of section passes jut like I was using a corded model.

Before this car went to the body shop we did a full exterior paint correction and coating. It sat outside when not being worked on for 2 months at the local Infiniti dealership. The paint, glass and trim had water spots and surface contamination. Not the dealership's fault - just the normal thing that happens when you have a daily driver parked outside 24x7.

It's almost 4:00pm and I'm calling it a day. Tomorrow after work I'll coat the glass and apply the 303G

Mike Phillips

Awesome video! Car looks great.
    Yeah - she just glistens in the garage.

So in your opinion, how much less power is this versus the super beast?

I'll stick to what I shared in post #3 in this article,

FLEX Power Tools Nicknames - All cool tools should have a nickname - not a part number -Mike Phillips

Here's my take on the above 3 gear-driven tools

The BEAST
    If I REALLY want to bust out a job and plow through it as fast as humanly possible I use the BEAST.

The Supa BEAST
    If not trying to hit Warp Speed - I grab the Supa Beast, much more enjoyable to use. Amazing tool. Smoother, quieter, lighter and cooler than the original.

The CBEAST
    If I have an easy job, that means the car has only light swirls, scratches, etc. and I'm not in a hurry then I grab the CBEAST.

I have changed my mind about the 6" backing plate. I much prefer it over the 5" factory backing plate WITH the right pads and right now my favorite 7" pads for the 6" backing plate on the BEAST, the Supa BEAST and the CBEAST are the RUPES yellow and white pads. I'm still not liking the new RUPES blue foam formula.

When cutting or compounding with the BEAST and the Supa BEAST I'm still using the Lake Country Force Hybrid 6.5" Orange Foam Cutting Pad. I'm not sure I'll like this shape or thickness on the CBEAST though. Will do some searching and experimenting.

The CBEAST is a very capable tool. The ability to buff out a car without a power cord is awesome. The GEAR-DRIVEN aspect means no wasting time wit pad stalling. And larger TAPERED foam pads work best with these 3 tools.

Do you need to change batteries around 2 bars to maintain maximum power?
    Yes. Max power does fall off but I have not monitored at what point. Still - I'll take a a slower rpm/opm with a gear-driven orbital all day over a free spinning.

The BEASTS - All BRAWL - ZERO STALL

Hope that helps...

8. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FLEX Power Tools Nicknames - All cool tools should have a nickname - not a part number -Mike Phillips

The BEAST
    If I REALLY want to bust out a job and plow through it as fast as humanly possible I use the BEAST.

The Supa BEAST
    If not trying to hit Warp Speed - I grab the Supa Beast, much more enjoyable to use. Amazing tool. Smoother, quieter, lighter and cooler than the original.

The CBEAST
    If I have an easy job, that means the car has only light swirls, scratches, etc. and I'm not in a hurry then I grab the CBEAST.

I have changed my mind about the 6" backing plate. I much prefer it over the 5" factory backing plate WITH the right pads and right now my favorite 7" pads for the 6" backing plate on the BEAST, the Supa BEAST and the CBEAST are the RUPES yellow and white pads. I'm still not liking the new RUPES blue foam formula.

When cutting or compounding with the BEAST and the Supa BEAST I'm still using the Lake Country Force Hybrid 6.5" Orange Foam Cutting Pad. I'm not sure I'll like this shape or thickness on the CBEAST though. Will do some searching and experimenting.

The CBEAST is a very capable tool. The ability to buff out a car without a power cord is awesome. The GEAR-DRIVEN aspect means no wasting time wit pad stalling. And larger TAPERED foam pads work best with these 3 tools.

Yes. Max power does fall off but I have not monitored at what point. Still - I'll take a a slower rpm/opm with a gear-driven orbital all day over a free spinning.

Hope that helps...

Thanks so much Mike.
    I think you convinced me to get both cbeast and supe beast to replace my rupes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The BEAST

The Supa BEAST

The CBEAST

Hope that helps...

Hi Mike,

The cbeast, versus super beast, how much less power do you feel its losing vs the coded?

And is it still enough to do cutting and paint correction?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Mike.
    I think you convinced me to get both cbeast and supe beast to replace my rupes.
    As a professional tool collector, that is definitely one option. Just wondering though if you should get the CBeast first and try it out to see if you even need the SupaBeast. Maybe instead of spending money on the Supa you could buy another battery and be able to go constantly with the cordless. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

12. Likes Skier404 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast