autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

I would caution against using the glossmeter too much as a value to drive your decisions. For me, if a product scores higher than Seal N Shine in the immediate short term, it usually means it just wipes off better than Seal N Shine does. All of this can be negated by the first wash though, as in every test I’ve done, Seal N Shine usually measures at about the same gloss level of the abrasive polish after the first wash once the panel has been jeweled like most other protectants.

I’m not trying to discount Brian’s gloss results, but I know as an independent tester I really need to know what the peak jeweled gloss measurements are after polishing the panel to a very significant degree, compared to the peak gloss results after the first standard or basic wash of any LSP after curing to make sure no residuals are affecting the immediate gloss measurements which is incredibly common for most gloss testing that I’ve done myself with the Rhopoints.

Brian’s gloss tests are still very valuable to determine what kind of gloss can be achieved on a less than jeweled surface, but sometimes the results can be skewed on this type of surface to favor those that wipe off better leaving less residuals compared to those that are a bit heavier and more difficult to wipe off fully like Seal N Shine is. No number out of the glossmeter can truly determine warmth or depth that can be more important to what your eyes see visually than what the glossmeter is spitting out as a number. Again, as a gloss tester for many years I do not place faith in the gloss unit to determine true performance.

2. Thanks KBsToy, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can TW Graphene Flex Wax be used as a topper over an existing ceramic coating (i.e. Cquartz/Modesta)? I know it seems like it's a dumb question because every other ceramic spray coating (Meguiars HCW, Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating, Mothers CMX) can but I haven't seen any literature from the company or elsewhere saying this wax can. I apologize for such a noob question, I'm just looking to make my life easier. Any help would be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about TW's product but 303 graphene CAN be used ontop of any exsisting LSPTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting read. I know that Graphene is the new buzzword/hype, but has anyone who has used the TW Graphene Flex care to comment on that product? I'd be more interested in using this (given a once a month moderately warm day in NE/NJ to apply it) just to offer enough protection to last until spring, where I would (probably) apply a longer lasting/better product.

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will order this product soon . I ordered the turtle wax ceramic spray 4 weeks ago ( graphene was still not available) , I must say that I m very impressed with the product so far. I applied on my SUV without doing much prep ( basic decontamination and hand polish ) and wow the shine is up there with products like reload that costs 4 times as much. The water sheeting is incredible; we also had ton of rain and snow up north for the past 2 weeks and the car has stayed cleaned after the snow melts.

Very very impressed with turtle wax products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I would caution against using the glossmeter too much as a value to drive your decisions. For me, if a product scores higher than Seal N Shine in the immediate short term, it usually means it just wipes off better than Seal N Shine does. All of this can be negated by the first wash though, as in every test I’ve done, Seal N Shine usually measures at about the same gloss level of the abrasive polish after the first wash once the panel has been jeweled like most other protectants.

I’m not trying to discount Brian’s gloss results, but I know as an independent tester I really need to know what the peak jeweled gloss measurements are after polishing the panel to a very significant degree, compared to the peak gloss results after the first standard or basic wash of any LSP after curing to make sure no residuals are affecting the immediate gloss measurements which is incredibly common for most gloss testing that I’ve done myself with the Rhopoints.

Brian’s gloss tests are still very valuable to determine what kind of gloss can be achieved on a less than jeweled surface, but sometimes the results can be skewed on this type of surface to favor those that wipe off better leaving less residuals compared to those that are a bit heavier and more difficult to wipe off fully like Seal N Shine is. No number out of the glossmeter can truly determine warmth or depth that can be more important to what your eyes see visually than what the glossmeter is spitting out as a number. Again, as a gloss tester for many years I do not place faith in the gloss unit to determine true performance.
    Wife is my Gloss Meter

9. Likes Klasse Act, Jayfro, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been away for a while, suffering burnout and needed a break from everything.

That relates to this topic in a way, since I haven't even washed my car since July, at which time I had the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic trio on my Camaro (Polish & Wax base...Ceramic Spray Coating topper and Ceramic Wet Wax as a drying aid). Even without being washed and being dirty as all get out, the water still beads on the top surfaces of the car. So it looks like the TW Ceramics are holding up well.

That being said, I've watched every video I can on the new Graphene 'Pro' products. With "Street Durability" aside-since no one has had it on a street car long enough-all the reviewers are pretty much saying the same thing. The One & Done Compound seems to be a hit with ease of use and effectiveness getting high marks. The 'To The Max Wax' and the Flex Wax are receiving similar reviews with a nod to the Flex Wax for ease of use and the way it can be used as a base and as a maintenance product.

Tempering the findings of all the reviewer's with my own success with the "Original" Hybrid Solutions Ceramics, I am looking forward to the Spring when I can try the "Pro" line up. I'm still on the fence to whether I will get the Max Wax and use it as a base, or just stick with the One and Done + the Flex wax.

As far as the torture tests go, I think Brian at APEX has the most "reasonable" one, using fluids that can accumulate on the roadway and can splash onto your car during wet weather. As for the rest of the torture "tests," I think they give a HINT about a product's durability, but only that, a hint and are not to be taken too seriously.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •Graphene: :sigh :

-Reminds me of when all sorts of
    comestibles were being infused
    with “bacon flavor”...

Bob
    This was a fantastic post I had a good laugh

Post Thanks / Like

"Infused" has been around for quite a while if you think about itTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax Way back in the day wax was "infused" with carnauba and there is stayed, seemingly forever. We had no idea about % of nuba content either. Fast forward to today were products are infused with acrylics, then ceramics and now graphene, evolution...just like the 9 1 1 Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else taking a pass on this one. I did not like the ceramic line the green bottle ceramic coating. I liked the price but not the product.

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast