autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

So I bit and bought the flex wax and liquid wax. I’ve been using the TW hybrid products and have been very satisfied for the price. Pretty foolproof as well. Didn’t get the new polish as I have plenty of polishes that will serve the same purpose.

I probably won’t use the liquid wax until spring, and at that time I’ll use that as my base, top with flex, maybe do the flex once a month and use Adam’s graphene detailer or bead maker as my drying aid.

I’ll probably throw the flex wax on top of my hybrid solutions coating just because I’m itching to try it soon. I’ll report back.

2. Likes PA DETAILER, dennis b liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

turtle wax graphene is to new to have a opinion . have to wait and see when it gets in the hands of people on how good it is . im sure that turtle wax is on a role they must have some great chemist

4. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I tried it quite some time ago and IIRC I did REALLY like it but I try so many things that even a pricey products gets buried by other products, LOL.

What do you like/see that's noticeable about IGL Premier over the other productsTurtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax
    Extremely easy to use, sparingly or heavy. Amazing water behavior initially and for quite some time. Lasts at least 3-4 months under northeast spring/summer/fall type weather.

I use a zillion spray sealants and having one that applies as easy as the easiest spray wax with tall standing beads and coating-quality water behavior... and probably 15 or more applications per bottle. It does what I paid for it to do.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Extremely easy to use, sparingly or heavy. Amazing water behavior initially and for quite some time. Lasts at least 3-4 months under northeast spring/summer/fall type weather.

I use a zillion spray sealants and having one that applies as easy as the easiest spray wax with tall standing beads and coating-quality water behavior... and probably 15 or more applications per bottle. It does what I paid for it to do.
    is this the IGL premier product you are referring too?

CHEAP VS EXPENSIVE: IGL PREMIER VS GTECHNIQ C2V3 LIQUID CRYSTAL - YouTube

it didnt do so well against a product less than half its price. It is ECO friendly though

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't focus too much on these so called torture tests. They don't tell the whole story. AS a matter of fact I would not base my buying decision on any of those torture tests. Mine included lol. Mother nature is the true test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I wouldn't focus too much on these so called torture tests. They don't tell the whole story. AS a matter of fact I would not base my buying decision on any of those torture tests. Mine included lol. Mother nature is the true test.
    I agree with you to some degree. But we seem to judge every product by those standards online. Torture test, gloss meter, application price . But I see what you are saying , its like when people judge every car by the 0-60 times

I m not a big fan of the torture test myself , but it does bring you some idea on the durability of a product , specially when you are applying it on the same panel side by side. There are numerous post on this forum where people discredit products solely base on torture test , I ve been a lurker for a while now. One of the products I even liked ( reload) was demolished for the lack of durability here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    I agree with you to some degree. But we seem to judge every product by those standards online. Torture test, gloss meter, application price . But I see what you are saying , its like when people judge every car by the 0-60 times

I m not a big fan of the torture test myself , but it does bring you some idea on the durability of a product , specially when you are applying it on the same panel side by side. There are numerous post on this forum where people discredit products solely base on torture test , I ve been a lurker for a while now. One of the products I even liked ( reload) was demolished for the lack of durability here
    Some of those products that passed the torture tests with flying colors wear off the car in the same 4-6 weeks of mother nature abrasion as the ones that get wiped out right away.

Unless you are putting those chemicals from torture tests on your car frequently you have to look at them with a grain of salt. Yes I still watch the videos and yes I prefer some of those products that pass those tests.

So many factors go into longevity though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    Some of those products that passed the torture tests with flying colors wear off the car in the same 4-6 weeks of mother nature abrasion as the ones that get wiped out right away.

Unless you are putting those chemicals from torture tests on your car frequently you have to look at them with a grain of salt. Yes I still watch the videos and yes I prefer some of those products that pass those tests.

So many factors go into longevity though.
    unfortunately very few people do those tests, and even then it is very hard to really compared two products. You can only go with what people are saying online , which is even harder because people have different driving habits, some maintain there cars more than others, some leave on cleaner cities than other, the weather could be different too , some people may be even exaggerating the longevity of the product just because they like the product .

Is the torture test a definite answer , hell no, but it is the prefer go to metric that the vast majority goes by and it is technically a more fair test if you were to compare 2 products in one day . I still say the torture test is a test with many flaws but it is still a test that gives you an idea of the durability of a product. I mean , products that are known for bad durability ( beadmaker) tend to do bad on the torture test and in real driving conditions they tend to fail early and products that are known for durability ( seal and shine) and do well on these torture test usually do better in real driving conditions.

There is a trend with the torture test that usually goes with what people are seeing in real driving conditions for the most parts. There may be exceptions , but overall the torture test is not that far from the truth

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Yes, we’re having a friendly discussion and debate about car care products.
    I am saying with a smile, I don’t care if a product is rated by a company at nine months durability*, but completely fails at six months. My environment is different than yours. I wash my car with different car soap/shampoo than you do. My technique is different than yours.

1. I’m sitting here trying to think of a product I flat out won’t buy again.

2. After a minute to think about it. I know what it is.

I got some spray wax at a big box store that no matter how much I shook the bottle, the fluid came out goopy. Something was wrong. Didn’t have my receipt, and it was so cheap, I didn’t bother to return it.

3. There are products I won’t purchase again only because I’ve moved on to pricier selections. But yeah, there’s probably half-a-dozen older bottles of TW Ice Spray and Seal & Shine sitting in the detailing bin. They’ll get used, because I know what they do and what project they’ll be used for.

4. I can’t tell you the longevity of some of my favorite products. They overrate every one of them. Okay, Reload lasts three months, not six. I guarantee you it will last longer on my car than someone who takes theirs through a tunnel wash once-a-week. So we can drop that debate.

5. Clearly, we are here because...

???

That’s all I got for now. Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

*Will last nine months only if vehicle is garage kept and never driven.

13. Likes BudgetPlan1, goldendodo19, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    Or maybe he is just prepping the surface properly... jimbo is the guy who thinks eraser is good enough to remove sealants..

On one hand who have a guy showing his prep work, in the other hand we have a guy showing us no prep work.

I ll wait till the product is tested by forensic or other guys. I need to see glosss readings !!
    Yeah, his newly sprayed panel has weak beading right off the bat, no prep. Let's wait for apex as he already tried the one and done.

15. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast