autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene

Im sorry if I shouldnt post this and please delete the thread if need to (no offense).

I am posting it here cause AG carries 303 brand so Im expecting in the near future it will be available here...

But Im really curious about what you guys think about it, they say is Graphene Oxide with no SiO2 content on it and claims up to 1 yr durability with no cure time needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene

Never heard of it. I will say 303 makes some quality products and I’m sure if it’s worthy, AG will carry it.
    Jim

3. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to post more on my Autopia thread about graphene. Feel free to check it out.

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?
    Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

You want an eye opener on graphene listen to Jim from Dr. Beasley’s on this. I’m going to say it based on me playing around with graphene but it is hype.

Graphene Coatings VS Ceramic Coatings - YouTube

One on 303. Expect all the big namers in YouTube to push all these graphene products.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating vs Ceramic Coatings - YouTube

5. Thanks gorillapr, KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw also the YT video also from Larry Korsilla where he presented evidence and said it is a hype also.

I losted this not because I believe that Graphene now is 9th wonder but 16oz for $20, 1 yr durability, no cure time, can be used in hot panel direct sunlight, "good" hydrophobics and decrease risk of water spots sounds TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I will read in detail all those links. Thank you for post them

8. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, the label states it reduces surface temperature. It should have said it reduces surface tension.

It's a typo and it was too close to launch to get corrected labels from China. That's enough right there for me not wanting to be an early adopter.

I'll wait and see how this shakes out. I was first on the bandwagon for Mothers CMX in early 1019 and that was a fail. Three week longevity and crystals in the bottle soured me jumping to the front of the line to try these latest greatest products. I'll stay with my forty year old Acrylic polymer technology (Ultima Acrylic spray wax, Sonus glanz etc.) till a product in spray form notably better comes along.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

10. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    LOL, the label states it reduces surface temperature. It should have said it reduces surface tension.

It's a typo and it was to close to launch to get corrected labels from China. That's enough right there for me not wanting to be an early adopter.

I'll wait and see how this shakes out. I was first on the bandwagon for Mothers CMX in early 1019 and that was a fail. Three week longevity and crystals in the bottle soured me jumping to the front of the line to try these latest greatest products. I'll stay with my forty year old Acrylic polymer technology (Ultima Acrylic spray wax) till a product in spray form notably better comes along.

The irony here kills me:

I get that the typo keeps you from wanting to be an early adopter .....especially since you have been on the CMX bandwagon the last 1001 years!!! (Since 1019)
    Jim

12. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes JustJesus, PaulMys, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post

It's a typo and it was too close to launch to get corrected labels from China. That's enough right there for me not wanting to be an early adopter.

I'll wait and see how this shakes out. I was first on the bandwagon for Mothers CMX in early 1019 and that was a fail. Three week longevity and crystals in the bottle soured me jumping to the front of the line to try these latest greatest products. I'll stay with my forty year old Acrylic polymer technology (Ultima Acrylic spray wax, Sonus glanz etc.) till a product in spray form notably better comes along.
    One of the promised (i.e. 'hoped for') benefits of graphene is it's ability to insulate/reduce the temperature of the panel with the end goal of reducing water spots. Many find this to not be the case at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering how reduced surface temp helps with water spotting. Water droplets containing minerals or other atmospheric debris are still going to leave spots whether they evaporate slower with reduced surface temp or faster with higher surface temps. The amount of debris deposited on the paint doesn't lessen or increase with surface temp. The droplet contains X amount of contamination and that's what gets deposited.

I didn't know that was a Graphine selling point. It's so far fetched it looks like a typo to me.

15. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    The irony here kills me:

I get that the typo keeps you from wanting to be an early adopter .....especially since you have been on the CMX bandwagon the last 1001 years!!! (Since 1019)
    Huh, 1001 years? How many new products have have been introduced since early 2019, Can you even count them all? Just Meguiares alone has introduced at least five and that's just one company. Wolgang grew by three or four. DP came out of nowhere with at least four or five Si02 coatings. If I tried everything new that came out in the last two years I'd be two thousand dollars poorer and for the most part disappointed with the results. IMO in just two years, twenty years worth of products have been released. All these new product are nothing more that a money grab.

It's not the typo it's the B.S.hype. Guaranteed 303 doesn't last a month even under idea conditions.

Look at Chicago Auto Pro's video. 3 of the 4 failed on the first wash and the 303 wasn't far behind. That's real world results with all these new products.

At least I haven't fallen for the BS since early 2019.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating vs Ceramic Coatings - YouTube

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast