autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Never noticed this before

Havent been on the forum for awhile, but just noticed this the other day on the car, usually use McGuire's detail spray for a little clean up, but noticed that i have a film or whatever on the car.............it would be right above my fancy red line.

Hard to see, but if you swipe your finger across it, it makes a mark..............really cant tell you whats under the McGuires, i know i have some fast finish there, and maybe some of that cmx or whatever its called. lol

I know Paul Mys will know it...............that NY"er has seen and done everything. lol.............whats up Paul.

Take it i have to clay it again, and see what is going on there.

Thanks guys for any info.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Never noticed this before-ag-pics-2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Never noticed this before

LOL, well the fancy red line didnt show up, its the mark right below the 3 lights ...........i can get this mark everywhere i put the McGuire's detail spray on it.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Richs66;1684711

I know Paul Mys will know it...............that NY"er has seen and done everything. lol.............whats up Paul.

Rich[/QUOTE]

Lol. Well, maybe almost everything. What's up, Rich!?

Hard to see what's going on there. Looks like a smudge mark?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Man first I call out Paul for loving deep dish pizza(almost lost his New York residency) and now you’re saying Paul’s seen and done it all.

Tough week for him here on Autogeek Online!

Agree with Paul though, very hard to tell what’s the mark is. It could be a smudge/smear from different chemical compounds with CMX and Megs UFF not bonding well and the detail spray just “pushing” along the surface because they haven’t bonded well?

I’ve had times where detail sprays will smear and streak over freshly applied waxes/sealants in all weather conditions. Maybe dilute it 1:1 with water or possibly try a waterless wash?
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

5. Likes PaulMys, Ed Abbondanzio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul, showed the dog your reply.............this is his. lol.....I just love messing with you NY boys. Everythings good on my end, havent been on the forum for awhile so just wanted to say hi.

DMiglio, gonna hit it with a wash tomorrow..........just odd this happened, been mixing junk all alone and never noticed this smudge deal.............thought maybe i did something wrong the other day, did the McGuires with the hood somewhat warm.

Have a good day boys.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Never noticed this before-waiting-biskit-jpg  

7. Likes PaulMys, DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richs66 View Post
    Hey Paul, showed the dog your reply.............this is his. lol.....I just love messing with you NY boys. Everythings good on my end, havent been on the forum for awhile so just wanted to say hi.

DMiglio, gonna hit it with a wash tomorrow..........just odd this happened, been mixing junk all alone and never noticed this smudge deal.............thought maybe i did something wrong the other day, did the McGuires with the hood somewhat warm.

Have a good day boys.

Rich
    Sober up, and let us know Rich!

And don't let DMig poison your mind. He's mentally stalking me for free NY pizza........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Sober up, and let us know Rich!

And don't let DMig poison your mind. He's mentally stalking me for free NY pizza........
    Hey, what do you mean Sober up, you know us Wisconsin boys dont touch that stuff..........i will post a pic of the car looking "Smudge" free later this week.

Loved the pics of you pups............take it easy bud.

Rich

11. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the easiest ways to get rid of smudges after a wash or detail spray, mist a bit of distilled water on it and buff off with a low weave towel. Should work pretty well.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    One of the easiest ways to get rid of smudges after a wash or detail spray, mist a bit of distilled water on it and buff off with a low weave towel. Should work pretty well.
    Ok, didnt have a chance to pick up some distilled water, so i just tried half the hood with a clay bar, smudge still there, then i washed the hood with dawn dish soap..........smudge still there, then i put on some Fast Finish, seems it gone now.

The odd part is i cant seem to make a smudge anywhere else on the car............dont know if the led lights above the hood makes it easier to see or what.

Like i said before, i did put some QD on the hood, when it probubly was way to warm to do so............

Im thinking of hitting it with some HD Speed..........any thoughts on that. But i will give the distilled water a shot.

Thanks

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Hey sorry Paul and I haven’t responded today, we met up for a few slices of Chicago deep dish haha jk Paul and sorry to muddy your thread with this Rich.

After reading through the thread again am I understanding this correctly, it’s only on the hood and the QD was used when it was probably too warm?

This is across the entire hood or only a specific spot?
    In the picture I can see a deep blue line just under the 3 lights, is that the smear? Or is it the smaller mark directly to the right of your finger?

I’ve had times where I’ve used a detail spray or spray wax in direct sunlight and have had streaks/smears from what I believe is the product flashing off too quickly. Other times I’ve washed my car after a short trip and have had similar troubles only on the hood.

Keep us updated! Interested to hear what works for you, seems odd that clay wouldn’t do it but the UFF took care of it for you.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast