autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New Black Tesla Model 3 Detail Plan- Need Input

Hello,

We are trading in a Jeep for a Tesla, and I will be detailing this car again. We didn't really do that much beside seal the jeep because of the beating it was taking. This will be a daily driver car, but I want to keep an amazing deep black shine on this car.

I went back through my old supplies which are mostly chemical guys and although I think I will replace most of it, given that it is pretty old, I wanted to put forth the following plan for input, or to see if there is some combo out there that will give a better deep, wet, and glossy black shine.

Detail:
    Wash-Chemical guys Blacklight
    Glaze-CG Blacklight (apply with porter cable and black hex pad)
    Seal-Jetseal (cure 12 hours) (PC and black hex pad)(apply to all glass as well)
    Wax- CG Black --(PC and red hex pad)--I remember always using the machine, but instructions say it needs to be hand applied?

Weekly Maintenance Wash:
    Wash-CG Blacklight
    Quick Detailer-CG v07

I read around on the forums and also came up with the alternate plan:

Detail:
    Wash- BlackFire Car Wash
    Seal-Blackfire Paint Sealant (PC and black hex)
    Wax- Blackfire midnight sun (pc red hex)

Weekly Maintenance:
    Wash -Blackfire Car Wash
    Quick Detailer- Blackfire Instant Detailer

--

I always used CG in the past, but I am for sure open to other recommendations. I do like to keep all the items within the same mfg.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Black Tesla Model 3 Detail Plan- Need Input

To seal it, you might wanna check out the newest paint sealant from Wolfgang ... kinda like their WDGPS kicked up a notch with SiO2.

Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant

3. Thanks jmoney thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Even tho the car is new a light polish will do good before applying glaze or anything else..

Post Thanks / Like

Pure black......Polish it out with CarPro Essence and then Ceramic Coat it. UK V3.0 is as easy to use as they come. You'll thank me after. I've done a few black cars in my day including a number of Teslas.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks jmoney thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Pure black......Polish it out with CarPro Essence and then Ceramic Coat it. UK V3.0 is as easy to use as they come. You'll thank me after. I've done a few black cars in my day including a number of Teslas.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing it.
    Did you think the finish had a better look than the CG stack that I have above?

The reason I ask, if I used the wolfgang stack years back and the results were, meh, on our black cars compared to the CG. The wolfgang lasted much longer, but since I don't mind doing full detail every three months it didn't really matter to me.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Holm80 View Post
    Even tho the car is new a light polish will do good before applying glaze or anything else..
    I should still wait at least a month after receiving the vehicle before polishing correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney View Post
    Did you think the finish had a better look than the CG stack that I have above?

The reason I ask, if I used the wolfgang stack years back and the results were, meh, on our black cars compared to the CG. The wolfgang lasted much longer, but since I don't mind doing full detail every three months it didn't really matter to me.
    Never really used CG products but overall, yes, the look and finish are outstanding. The key is in the polishing.

I should still wait at least a month after receiving the vehicle before polishing correct?
    No. No need to wait on a new car. factory paint is fully cured and gassed off by the time you get it.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Thanks jmoney thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Never really used CG products but overall, yes, the look and finish are outstanding. The key is in the polishing.

No. No need to wait on a new car. factory paint is fully cured and gassed off by the time you get it.
    Thanks.

I am looking at the products you suggested. I'm pretty apprehensive to apply a ceramic coating as it has been several years since I have done any detailing. The extremely high humidity and heat right now are giving me a little pause in transitioning from the products I know to that much simpler setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

I am looking at the products you suggested. I'm pretty apprehensive to apply a ceramic coating as it has been several years since I have done any detailing. The extremely high humidity and heat right now are giving me a little pause in transitioning from the products I know to that much simpler setup.
    You'll love them and I'm sure it will turn out nicely. I'll message you some other things too.

Regarding the humidity, UK 3.0 will be fine. Flashes a little quicker with heat like that but just work in smaller sections vs in cooler weather. If possible pull the vehicle outside (Great if it's cloudy) as the overcast skies will help you see high-spots easily. Don't fret, most will wipe off within 24hrs. Even after, just hit them with a little Essence on a MF Rag and polish them out. It doesn't take much pressure. Then simply re-coat that area. It will blend with ease to the surrounding work that has already been coated. Again, today's coatings are pretty easy to use. Easier than Blue Coral used back in my days. LOL!!

13. Thanks jmoney thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll love them and I'm sure it will turn out nicely. I'll message you some other things too.

Regarding the humidity, UK 3.0 will be fine. Flashes a little quicker with heat like that but just work in smaller sections vs in cooler weather. If possible pull the vehicle outside (Great if it's cloudy) as the overcast skies will help you see high-spots easily. Don't fret, most will wipe off within 24hrs. Even after, just hit them with a little Essence on a MF Rag and polish them out. It doesn't take much pressure. Then simply re-coat that area. It will blend with ease to the surrounding work that has already been coated. Again, today's coatings are pretty easy to use. Easier than Blue Coral used back in my days. LOL!!
    Alright, I'm going to give the combo a go.

Which pad on a PC polisher do you recommend?

Also what wash (use foam gun and 2 bucket) and quick detailer for weekly maintenance? I have some v07 left, but that is from CG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast