autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my best interiors GMC Sierra AT4

I had so much fun detailing my friend and fellow Infantry brother's GMC Sierra AT4 today. The truck is a beautiful black. I wish he'd let me work on the exterior. After today he may consider it if I talk to him and hit him with a good plan. I installed the Pinnacle Black Label Leather Care Package with the Pinnacle Black Label Hide soft Leather Cleaner and Leather Balm. I was also totally amazed by the BLACKFIRE mat cleaner and protectant. Ask me about my techniques. I had so much fun machine scrubbing the floor mats! One of my best interiors GMC Sierra AT4

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes DFB, The Guz, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One of my best interiors GMC Sierra AT4

I must say that I dialed down the product for this detail. I only used Meguire's APC diluted 10 to 1. Instead of using the AMMO Frothe for the door jams I went ahead and used Meguire's Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax for the door jambs. I also used Sonax glass cleaner for the touch ups. Just.a couple of spritz with the Kwazar Mercury Pro and I was good to go.

4. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you say the products are so easy an 11B can use them? Lol
    Just teasing. Nicely done man.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

6. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you said to do it so I’m going to, tell us about your techniques.

Love the amount of pictures and the beautiful finish you gave to the interior!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

8. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Well you said to do it so I’m going to, tell us about your techniques.

Love the amount of pictures and the beautiful finish you gave to the interior!
    For starters I will put the pictures in order as I haven't figured out how to insert a pic after a paragraph yet but I will soon.

I used my Jeep as a demo car here and I have one pic of the Tornador in action on the truck.

The first thing I did were the door jambs. They weren't dirty at all so I used the last of my Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax And quickly wiped them down good.

Here's a cool technique I use with the Tornador.

I turn it on full blast and fill my tank up with DISTILLED WATER. Then I blast out the door jambs really good.

After that I go to work protecting them with 303 Touchless Sealant.

I take a microfiber towel and roll it up as pictured, and use it as a shield on the top portion so I can controll where the product goes, and so I can keep as much water as possible off of the roof and pillars. I just lightly glide the towel as I keep the sprayer or tornador centered on the towel as I work. I do probably two or 3 sprays of the Touchless Sealant per section.

Just like when you polish paint, break the door jambs down into small manageable sections. Ive found this helps me stay focused and do a more thorough job. One of my best interiors GMC Sierra AT4

After the top sections I then begin to work my way down by moving on to the B pillar as pictured.

No need to shield any more at this point as I have found that it's very easy to controll everything from this point forward.

I spray down with the touchless sealant then blast upwards in small circles with the Tornador. I find that I can controll the Tornador better with a two handed technique. You'll be able to see how well this spreads the product over the surface.One of my best interiors GMC Sierra AT4
    Once this is complete I do a final blasting of the area to ensure the area is well rinsed.

I do the frame first and then the doors.

After that I quickly wipe them dry with a clean microfiber towel.

I like to set my METROVAC Air Force Express as pictured below. This keeps the unit high up off of the ground so it won't suck contaminants into the filter, and will also help to ensure the process is as clean as possible.

Run you some duct tape over the edge on your cart to protect the finish on the METROVAC.

I like to blow any water off of the pillars with the METROVAC Air Force Express because the gives them a touchless dry and I don't have to worry about scratching them because at this point they haven't been washed yet.

Then I go through and blast the rest out with the Air Force Express.

When I finished up the interior I noticed that the door jambs did need a tad bit of touching up as well as the running boards.

So I busted out my new secret weapon. The Kwazar Mercury Pro sprayer filled up with the magic juice! Sonax Glass Cleaner!

I sprayed a microfiber towel with the Sonax Glass Cleaner and then touched up the areas that needed to be touched up, and that was all she wrote.

For the floor mats I cleaned them just like mike does here.

Review: BLACKFIRE Mat Cleaner & Protectant

I even used the white fold out table like he did and I added a few variations which I'll tell you about now.

I needed to conserve the BLACKFIRE Mat cleaner and protectant, so I did the initial cleaning with the Meguiar's APC.

I got set up and machine scrubbed the floormats with the Meguiar's APC, DA Carpet Brush, and 4 3/4 inch backing plate which I attached to my rotary.

Rotary 4 inch Flexible Backing Plate

Heavy-Duty DA Carpet Brush Long Bristles

I know my backing plate says wheels and tires but I actually have two of the heavy duty DA carpet brushes. I currently have one backing plate, but I'll be purchasing another soon.
    Of course I used the brush designated for floor mats on the floor mats. One of my best interiors GMC Sierra AT4

I machine scrubbed the mats with Meguiar's APC, rinsed the mats, and blew them dry with the Air Force Express.

I did a really thorough job of drying the bottom of the mats and I just blasted most of the water off of the top because once the mats were put back into place I drove the truck next door into the car wash bay so I could get out of the direct sunlight.

Before this I packed my things into the truck. As you can see I've got buckets with lids to put my dirty microfibers in and also sealed up containers for my clean towels. Thanks Mike!

The next thing I did was to spray the BLACKFIRE Mat Cleaner and Protectant on the floormats and then I proceeded to lightly machine scrub the floormats again.

I held the tool as pictured below and very lightly squeezed and feathered the trigger so that the RPM's wouldn't get too high and sling product all over the place.

I performed section passes just like I would if I was polishing paint.

I machine scrubbed on the main area of the mat where your feet go and on the edges I wiped.

After the light machine scrubbing or LMS, I wiped the mats down with one of the towels that came with the BLACKFIRE Mat Cleaner and Protectant Kit.

BLACKFIRE Mat Cleaner & Protectant Kit

I found that operating the tool like that gave me some very good controll over the tool.

When I finished the detail I pulled out the same towel I used before with the mat cleaner, as it was pretty saturated with product, and used it to touch up the floormats before turning the keys over to the customer.

Thank you so much for your compliments and also for your inquiry!

10. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Likes DMiglio, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Would you say the products are so easy an 11B can use them? Lol
    Just teasing. Nicely done man.
    I'd definitely say that! I absolutely LOVE all of the products and tools I used on this project! Thanks brother!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done! That's a great looking interior...and now it looks totally the part!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

13. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is some nice work right there!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boom Sucka!!! Holla!! Thank you my friend! The owner was more than blown away!!! To get a compliment from a fellow detaler such as yourself really sets it off! Thank you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing that detailed write up! Again excellent job!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

18. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast