autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wish the back parking lot wasn't so shallow or I'd park next to the A/C units but I washed my car there the morning after I moved in and a lady couldn't get out of her parking spotDaily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice! I might need to look into a car cover but that could cause other problemsDaily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    See if the owner of the complex will get the over hanging branches trimmed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When we lived in our other home in the city with many old trees, glass cleaner took it off. Particularly the Splash brand you buy in gallons for the washer fluid reservoir in your car. It was fine sap, but still annoying. My pickup sat outside, so I'd turn on my wipers so I could see, then take it through a car wash weekly to get the build up off. About 2-3 months for me as it was summer up here.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Flagstaff Az. at a RV Park for the Summer, until Oct. to be exact waiting for Phnx. to cool down and become livable again . We are parked under Pine tree's and get the pine mist. I wash the vehicles with onrw about every 2 weeks (traditional washes not allowed) as that is about all I can stand. A cover is out of the question as it gets quite windy here and would just mar the paint up. I do have a cover that does not hurt the truck but I do not want to destroy it with mist and sap. When the wind blows it does carry a lot of dirt with it which doesn't help. When the tree's decide to drop some globs I use a otc bug and tar remover to remove it as soon as I see it. I do 3 walk around's checking, if it completely dries the blob is a lot harder to remove as several soakings are required. So if it makes you feel any better Klasse, your not in this alone.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my solution...hopefullyDaily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes derek0609, PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! Always have to “stick-out” from the crowd!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Excellent! Always have to “stick-out” from the crowd!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Well, there's 3 black SUVs and a silver Prius so yes, it does stand out. So when the sun goes down this evening and it's not in the mid 90's I'll be going out to that spot with some N914 with an extra ounce of N914 added to my Blackfire hand pump for a stronger WW.....then we'll see if I'm far enough away.

I should mention how happy I am to be able to use a hose to wash my car! Everyone out there, dont things for granted Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

12. Likes derek0609, PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I am in Flagstaff Az. at a RV Park for the Summer, until Oct. to be exact waiting for Phnx. to cool down and become livable again . We are parked under Pine tree's and get the pine mist. I wash the vehicles with onrw about every 2 weeks (traditional washes not allowed) as that is about all I can stand. A cover is out of the question as it gets quite windy here and would just mar the paint up. I do have a cover that does not hurt the truck but I do not want to destroy it with mist and sap. When the wind blows it does carry a lot of dirt with it which doesn't help. When the tree's decide to drop some globs I use a otc bug and tar remover to remove it as soon as I see it. I do 3 walk around's checking, if it completely dries the blob is a lot harder to remove as several soakings are required. So if it makes you feel any better Klasse, your not in this alone.
    LOL. Just drove by you today on the way to CA. Flagstaff weather is nice in the Summer.

You're doing it right. The only way to live in AZ.

14. Thanks davidc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    When we lived in our other home in the city with many old trees, glass cleaner took it off. Particularly the Splash brand you buy in gallons for the washer fluid reservoir in your car. It was fine sap, but still annoying. My pickup sat outside, so I'd turn on my wipers so I could see, then take it through a car wash weekly to get the build up off. About 2-3 months for me as it was summer up here.
    Desperate times call for desperate measures, I took your advice and used the glass cleaner...WORKED GREAT! Even though my car was coated a month ago I didn't take any chances and applied another coat but this time something "new and different". I'm beta testing a new graphine product for a company and said WTH. I applied it to the entire car, sans the glass and roof. I didn't do the roof because I wanted to see if my coating was weakened at all with the glass cleaner wipe down, a good test and also how this graphine bonds to a coated surface after the glass cleaner wipe down, stay "tuned"Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

Post Thanks / Like

U N C L E Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

Here lies the beautiful paint on the 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport. From this day on it will look good from far but far from good and what ever you do DO NOT TOUCH IT, just smears it up. I guess I'll just wash the grit and live it...a moment of silence Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    U N C L E Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

Here lies the beautiful paint on the 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport. From this day on it will look good from far but far from good and what ever you do DO NOT TOUCH IT, just smears it up. I guess I'll just wash the grit and live it...a moment of silence Daily sap on car...the war is on, could use some advice!

Damn. That sucks, Rog!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

18. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast