autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ONRWW rinseless wash advice

Hey, I wanted to do a two bucket suds wash every couple weeks and maybe throw in a rinseless wash the alternating weeks using ONRWW. Feeling a bit like there ends up being too much crap on the car after a week goes by, do I need to knock that off with a hose first? Was hoping to use my marolex sprayer to pretreat with ONR and then just hit it with the ONRWW but not sure how much crud is too much to do these rinseless washes. Also, i want to use distilled water for the ONRWW so if I am pre rinsing with tap water doesnt that mean i could end up with spots after the ONRWW? Confused about this rinseless wash thing if it even makes sense for me even though I like the mobility and convenience of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONRWW rinseless wash advice

Depends on what you define as "Too much crap on the car".

If you have heavy pollen/dirt, caked on mud, or the like, then a rinseless is not really the way to go IMO.

But just light dust, road film from driving, or the "drove through a rain storm" film is when to use the RW.

ALWAYS pretreat the panels, and use even more towels than you think you'll need until you dial-in your process.

Pre-rinsing with "tap water" won't induce spots, as you only do one panel at a time and then immediately dry when using a RW.

I was a little skeptical (scared) to try RW's at first too. But they are now how I wash my truck about 75% of the time during the summer.

Use common sense, pre-treat each panel, use top quality MF towels/mitts with the proper technique, and you will soon love the convenience of the Rinseless Wash.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes vobro, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just going to start thread about this. I’ll just keep watching this one, sorry man I’m new here. Still learning myself

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are doing one panel at a time, how do you do the roof so you aren’t getting solution and water all over all the panels? Or does it not matter since you are going top down?

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wyclef View Post
    If you are doing one panel at a time, how do you do the roof so you aren’t getting solution and water all over all the panels? Or does it not matter since you are going top down?
    When used correctly, there should be little to no runoff from the roof.

When you take your towel out of the rinseless solution, you very gently wring it until it stops "running". Dripping is what you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Do the roof first followed by hood and trunk if your worried about runoff. Follow Paul’s advice and tune it to your liking

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy doing RW now, I was scared as he!! the first couple of time since Acura/Honda paint is soft as melted butta, but now it’s second nature, may actually do it in a few minutes!

A couple of questions to those in the know:

1. I keep a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 4 gallons of distilled water that has a gamma seal lid and RW solution with towels soaking, how and when would you replenish the RW solution when it starts getting low? How long is it good for?

2. Paul, you mention wringing out the towel of excess water, why is this done? Wouldn’t more water be better to keep from marring the paint?

Thank you
    Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

2. Paul, you mention wringing out the towel of excess water, why is this done? Wouldn’t more water be better to keep from marring the paint?

Thank you
    Jay

Not really a "Wring out". Just a gentle squeeze so the towel isn't filling up your shoes as you go to the paint. It's a fine line.

11. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy doing RW now, I was scared as he!! the first couple of time since Acura/Honda paint is soft as melted butta, but now it’s second nature, may actually do it in a few minutes!

1. I keep a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 4 gallons of distilled water that has a gamma seal lid and RW solution with towels soaking, how and when would you replenish the RW solution when it starts getting low? How long is it good for?

Thank you
    Jay

You just sqeeze towel enough so it’s not dripping. I use to do what you did with the rinseless and it depends. With Ech20 2-3 weeks.... 5 weeks with N-914. Now i just mix about 1.5 gallons in a 2gallon bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you
    Jay

I used to store my solution but for me it’s best to just mix up smaller batches and use what I need( another great benefit of the GDWM). If I know I’ll use it the next day I may mix up more but too often for me life gets in the way and taking the gamma off after a week and getting a whiff of stale solution makes me sick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast