autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best ‘dust repelling’ QD?

My bottle of Gliss has a sticker on the bottom with a date of 28 Jan 20. The label on the bottle just says Gliss, not any V2 shown. I know it is weird and I tried different amounts, different towels, and different cure times. All of those attempts ended similarly with the white fuzz to some extent. I have a picture of the fuzz but I’m having trouble posting pictures from Flickr using my phone and I can’t seem to get logged into Flickr on my computer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ecirwin View Post
    My bottle of Gliss has a sticker on the bottom with a date of 28 Jan 20. The label on the bottle just says Gliss, not any V2 shown. I know it is weird and I tried different amounts, different towels, and different cure times. All of those attempts ended similarly with the white fuzz to some extent. I have a picture of the fuzz but I’m having trouble posting pictures from Flickr using my phone and I can’t seem to get logged into Flickr on my computer.
    And that was the made in date or the expiration date? The label will have 2 lines with dates. Even if it was the expiration as long as it was sealed the product should be fine but January of 2018 (which would have a Jan/2020 expiration) was probably v1 that was being sold. If it's fresh then maybe it was a bad bottle, I would have contacted CarPro and asked what's up.
    Bruno Soares

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    And that was the made in date or the expiration date? The label will have 2 lines with dates. Even if it was the expiration as long as it was sealed the product should be fine but January of 2018 (which would have a Jan/2020 expiration) was probably v1 that was being sold. If it's fresh then maybe it was a bad bottle, I would have contacted CarPro and asked what's up.
    That was not the expiration date, the expiration is in 2022. I did contact CarPro-US.com but I did not buy through them. I thought that was an official CarPro site but I now don't think that it is. I do need to contact CarPro and see what they have to say. I did put it on the whole car but battled with the fuzz the whole time. Even as I tried to clean up the fuzz, more fuzz was created and on and on. When I gave up on the Gliss and started wiping it down with Reload the results were much better.

The end result.

The fuzz!

Post Thanks / Like

You are not alone!

I got/applied Gliss a 1-2 weeks after applying CQUK3. I went on fine but would occasionally create balls of product, that I would equate to balls of rubber cement I would play with as a kid.

I assumed it was still working but, seemed odd...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    You are not alone!

I got/applied Gliss a 1-2 weeks after applying CQUK3. I went on fine but would occasionally create balls of product, that I would equate to balls of rubber cement I would play with as a kid.

Good to know I’m not alone! Thanks for posting your experience with Gliss.

Thread hi-jack complete.

Post Thanks / Like

That was not the expiration date, the expiration is in 2022. I did contact CarPro-US.com but I did not buy through them. I thought that was an official CarPro site but I now don't think that it is. I do need to contact CarPro and see what they have to say. I did put it on the whole car but battled with the fuzz the whole time. Even as I tried to clean up the fuzz, more fuzz was created and on and on. When I gave up on the Gliss and started wiping it down with Reload the results were much better.

The end result.

The fuzz!
    That sure looks strange. It had been at least 4 hours since UK, right? Almost makes it seem like it’s lifting a partially cured coating. I have always applied Gliss the next day which leaves more than 12 hours between UK and Gliss. Never had the issue you’re describing.
    Bruno Soares

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was closer to 6 hours before applying Gliss. I contacted CarPro-US.com the next day and tried a section on the hood based on suggestion from them. That is when I got the picture of the pile of fuzz above. So, time since application of CQUK3 is definitely not an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

The end result.

The fuzz!
    What bottle is it?

V2 right. V1 left. V1 had a tendency to leave a white haze even days after it was applied.

This is the new packaging

What was your application? What applicator? What towel for wipe off? How long did you let it sit on top of CQUK 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    You are not alone!

Same questions as I mention above.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    What bottle is it?

What was your application? What applicator? What towel for wipe off? How long did you let it sit on top of CQUK 3.0?
    The bottle looks like the bottle on the left and the packaging matched your pictures.

I used the applicator block with the “suede” pieces that are part of the kit. In the box you showed there were 3 or 4 of the suede cloths and an instruction page.

I used several different types of towels to buff it off, some thinner and some thicker, all with the same fuzz appearing.

For flash time, I tried just about everything I could. I let it set for 1 minute and went all the way up to maybe 15 minutes. The longer I let it sit the “stickier” it was but it would always buff off and always made the fuzz. Some times I would get it looking pretty good but there would be some fuzz and as I tried to pick up that fuzz, more and more fuzz would show up. I know the picture isn’t great above but that fuzz was bright white and none of my towels are white or have ever been washed with anything white. The same type of towels, washed together with the others, did not have any fuzz when I used them with Reload.

Thanks for digging in and trying to diagnose the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle looks like the bottle on the left and the packaging matched your pictures.

I used the applicator block with the “suede” pieces that are part of the kit. In the box you showed there were 3 or 4 of the suede cloths and an instruction page.

I used several different types of towels to buff it off, some thinner and some thicker, all with the same fuzz appearing.

For flash time, I tried just about everything I could. I let it set for 1 minute and went all the way up to maybe 15 minutes. The longer I let it sit the “stickier” it was but it would always buff off and always made the fuzz. Some times I would get it looking pretty good but there would be some fuzz and as I tried to pick up that fuzz, more and more fuzz would show up. I know the picture isn’t great above but that fuzz was bright white and none of my towels are white or have ever been washed with anything white. The same type of towels, washed together with the others, did not have any fuzz when I used them with Reload.

Thanks for digging in and trying to diagnose the problem.
    I think I see where the issue it. Gliss does not need to sit on the paint that long. The longer it sits the harder it is to remove. It does not flash like a typical coating. It will haze white and it will do it fast. That is when it is wiped off. Almost wipe on wipe off. If it is hard to remove reapply to make it easier to remove.

11. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast