autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A little disappointed in my coating

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    Ok. Seems everyone is recommending reset. I dont have iron x snow foam but i do have regular iron x. I will go ahead and wash w reset and see how that goes.

I do agree that the coating is still protecting the car. I just don’t like how pollen defeats the coating’s beading and hydrophobic abilities so easily. I expected more from it.
    What you are seeing has everything to do with the layer of pollen being on the car and nothing to do with the performance of the coating. A layer of any dry material on the coating surface will interfere with beading/sheeting or water. A coating is not a protective bubble or a friction-less magical surface barrier. The pollen or any type of dust and grime sitting on the surface will alter the physical properties of the surface. Water will react differently to pollen/dirt/dust than it will a clean surface with a paint coating on it.

What the coating will do, if properly cared for, is make it harder for the pollen to adhere to the surface. This makes it far easier to clean whether by a hard rain or a good washing.

Something else to remember is anything you put on top of it will change the coating properties too; be it glossing agents in the soap, or some form of spray topper. From a soap perspective I've had good look with Optimum Car Wash on my coated cars. I'm getting ready to test Meguiars Hyperwash as soon as my Optimum runs out.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    Ok. Seems everyone is recommending reset. I dont have iron x snow foam but i do have regular iron x. I will go ahead and wash w reset and see how that goes.

I do agree that the coating is still protecting the car. I just don’t like how pollen defeats the coating’s beading and hydrophobic abilities so easily. I expected more from it. I have used this combo before but it was on a car that was kept exclusively in the garage so never noticed it. Hopefully pollen season ends in 2-3 weeks and I can stop being annoyed by this. My outdoor cars also turn yellow/green from all the pollen so I know what you mean.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You received some good information. I would not worry about not having ironx snow foam. It is not that great anyway. Reset and ironx if needed would be sufficient. Pollen is going to pretty much ruin any LSP.

As an FYI per carpro Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with CarPro Iron X. Use during wash cycle (after Reset) and as directed.

4. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have iron x so I will do that first and then wash w reset. I just figured this was 3-6 mo down the road.

I understand that the pollen is interfering w the beading of the coating. I just didnt think it would be so severe so soon. In comparison w polish angel, gyeon mohs, or even opticoat i dont recall it ever being this bad.

For the level of effort to get the car perfected and protected it sure is disappointing.

2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

I’m washing it in the morning. I’m still on the fence about it being my chemical guys soap. I think that soap performs well. I have used it for years and I use it to wash my other coated cars and they don’t seem to have same issues w pollen which is why I nagged on the coating combo. I’ll probably go w reset and see what happens. Pollen season is almost over.

2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

A little disappointed in my coating

So I didn’t have Reset. I did have iron x so I used that and rewashed w chemical guys. Got that pollen off and seems like hydrophobicity characteristics are returning. Pollen levels aren’t that bad anymore. Will continue to monitor.

8. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12