autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage G15/G21 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher *Ground-Up Redesign*

Made in America does not automatically mean it's better quality.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Made in America does not automatically mean it's better quality.
    ...as I mentioned in my post, I was not addressing the issue of quality. We ALL saw what China did to the world in these last 2-3 months didn't we? Again I want to refrain from this being a political post, but rather one about the reality we ALL face. My point here is that we can and should end reliance on this communist nation now, and employ our own people - and this goes beyond car detailing products.

There are now what, 24 million Americans unemployed? There is no shortage of labor and there won't be for many years to come. Take this example: 70%-80% of the pharmaceutical supply chain comes from China. We could go to "war" with China and they would win without having to fire a single bullet. How? All they have to do is withhold one month's supply of pharmaceuticals to the U.S. and millions of people will die w/o their BP medicine, diabetes medicine, etc. Think about that.

Let's be honest with each other for a minute. Car detailing is a luxury for people; a nice-to-have. It is not a must-have, it is not a requirement, not a necessity and not essential. I wish I could say otherwise. As long as 24 million (+) people remain unemployed, their priority will be putting food on the table, paying the electric bill; not getting their car detailed. This means far less business for those reading this post. The more people we as a nation employ, the greater number of potential customers there will be.

Again I was not addressing quality, but rather placing priority on employing our own people and ending reliance on a Communist nation, especially for companies that identify as American.

Best to all,
    ScottH

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if everyone bought made in America products, employed all the workers out here, and cut out China and other countries completely. Will that happen? Of course not. Not until American companies can make equal or better quality products at better prices, similar prices or at least decent prices. If people choose to pay more for the same quality or lower quality products then they are free to do so, it's their money, but the majority are looking for value so buying goods made in other countries won't be stopping.

Post Thanks / Like

What i love is how everyone wants it American made but production went to china cuz Americans want cheaper.

And I know alot of Americans who i wouldn’t want making a dang thing for me!

And yes before someone asks I’m American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What i love is how everyone wants it American made but production went to china cuz Americans want cheaper.

And I know alot of Americans who i wouldn’t want making a dang thing for me!

And yes before someone asks I’m American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem lies in the greed of the manufacturers.

They love to sell that idea that anything made in the USA would be "too expensive".

The truth is, they don't want to lose their huge profits from the dirt cheap labor on TOP of keeping the prices relatively the same for the products.

I read an article years ago that theoretically compared the cost and final retail price of a pack of men's T-shirts made here or in China.

The price was within one dollar of each other. But personally, if the Chinese-made shirts were $7.99, and the US-made were $10.99, I'd gladly pay the extra 3 bucks.

The idea that we cannot compete price-wise is a made-up bunch of BS. But these big companies just keep feeding that line to you so that they don't lose 1 cent of profit.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Thanks Strong66 thanked for this post
    Likes Strong66, pilotpip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll gladly pay more for something made in America. If I can't, I'll try to find it made in a European country when possible.

Problem is, there isn't a level playing field. China doesn't have the worker protections and environmental protections we have.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd ask this question here. I have an old GG6 and am looking to upgrade to something newer/smoother/faster and have been curious about getting into a long throw polisher. I'm very interested in the new G15 but find myself wondering i'll be able to achieve essentially the same results with the G9 and save myself $100?

I am a driveway detailer and occasionally will work on some friend's cars for a little extra cash. I'm mainly looking to cut down on the time and effort spent on polishing, I realize a lot of that is technique and pad/polish, but all things being equal would the G15 be worth the extra $100?

Post Thanks / Like

If you get the G15 I'd say you still need a smaller/short throw polisher for other duties. If you're keeping your GG6 and converting it to a 3" polisher then I'd say the G15 is a better choice for you. Now if you plan on selling your GG6 or trading that in for a G15, I think you'll find that it can't do everything. If you prefer to own just one polisher I think the G9 is a good compromise and can be your only machine - I still think anyone can benefit from also owning a 3" polisher.

A G9 and G8 is a great combo for the price but since you already have a GG6 then you might not need a G8 and can just convert the GG6.
    Bruno Soares

12. Thanks TwinSnails thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    If you get the G15 I'd say you still need a smaller/short throw polisher for other duties. If you're keeping your GG6 and converting it to a 3" polisher then I'd say the G15 is a better choice for you. Now if you plan on selling your GG6 or trading that in for a G15, I think you'll find that it can't do everything. If you prefer to own just one polisher I think the G9 is a good compromise and can be your only machine - I still think anyone can benefit from also owning a 3" polisher.

A G9 and G8 is a great combo for the price but since you already have a GG6 then you might not need a G8 and can just convert the GG6.
    Thanks for the feedback, I will be keeping the GG6 as I already have the 3" backing plate for tight spaces, it'll be nice to not have to swap out backing plates anymore! I am leaning towards the G15 as covering more ground with less effort and that is mainly what I am looking for out of the next polisher. FWIW the money isn't a deciding factor here, I'm fine with spending the extra $100, really just wanting to save time and finish projects faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSnails View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I will be keeping the GG6 as I already have the 3" backing plate for tight spaces, it'll be nice to not have to swap out backing plates anymore! I am leaning towards the G15 as covering more ground with less effort and that is mainly what I am looking for out of the next polisher. FWIW the money isn't a deciding factor here, I'm fine with spending the extra $100, really just wanting to save time and finish projects faster.
    Obviously no one here has used the new G15 but it will probably be a nice polisher. I have the old G15 and I have a G8. I'm really happy with that combo. The new G15 is about $100 less than the old was so you're already winning by getting it after we did
    Bruno Soares

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast