autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: The Leatherique Treatment - Leather Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    By "coating" do you mean like a vinyl coated leather?
    By coated leather I mean "protected leather" with a urethane protective top coating.

I have never tried Leatherique on leather that has been coated with a ceramic type product. Pristine clean should still work well... but I do not know how the Rejuvinator Oil would work on leather that has been treated with an aftermarket coating.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

2. Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: The Leatherique Treatment - Leather Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    By "coating" do you mean like a vinyl coated leather?
    Yes. I believe the industry terminology is "protected" leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutowerxDetailing View Post
    By coated leather I mean "protected leather" with a urethane protective top coating.

I have never tried Leatherique on leather that has been coated with a ceramic type product. Pristine clean should still work well... but I do not know how the Rejuvinator Oil would work on leather that has been treated with an aftermarket coating.
    Thank you for the reply. I am always trying to learn about what products I can or cannot use on the "leather" seat in my Challenger.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Mike Phillips

I hear what you're saying and I've read similar comments all my detailing life - but here's what I know form applying this product and so many other products to protected leather - they don't just sit on the top - they do go "into" the material and clean it, condition it and most important - make it look better.

I decided a long time ago to not try to play the role of a chemist on a forum. Normally what I do and tell others to do is,

Pick an established brand with a great reputation and trust they know what they are doing, or trust they have a chemist that knows what they are doing and then follow the directions.

But again, I hear you and there is a lot of confusion over the topic of protected and/or coated leather. But again, I applied this stuff according to directions and whatever was taking place... when I was done - the leather looked better and felt better than how it started out.

I also have a classic MGA coming in sometime in the future - this car has conventional dyed leather and I'll do the same treatment to it and as is my norm, take pictures and share in this thread.

6. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes osudelt69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

I agree!

I fear you might have misunderstood my comment. And I fear I may have formulated my comment based on a misunderstanding of the question I was trying to answer to another forum member. :/

In my opinion Leatherique has one of the most compelling and effective leather care systems on the market. In fact, Rejuvinator Oil + Pristine Clean is the top-tier option for restoring and maintaining leather interiors in my client's vehicles. I've found that the Leatherique process works very well at restoring suppleness to the leather while leaving it looking closer to showroom condition without a greasy sheen like other many other leather conditioners leave. I think this is in large part to the "oil first" then secondary cleaning procedure.

What I was trying to say in my original comment was that I'm not sure how this system would work on leather that has been treated with an aftermarket hydrophobic leather treatment like CQuartz Leather or something similar.

Mike Phillips

Hi Mike,

I agree!

I fear you might have misunderstood my comment. And I fear I may have formulated my comment based on a misunderstanding of the question I was trying to answer to another forum member. :/

In my opinion Leatherique has one of the most compelling and effective leather care systems on the market. In fact, Rejuvinator Oil + Pristine Clean is the top-tier option for restoring and maintaining leather interiors in my client's vehicles. I've found that the Leatherique process works very well at restoring suppleness to the leather while leaving it looking closer to showroom condition without a greasy sheen like other many other leather conditioners leave. I think this is in large part to the "oil first" then secondary cleaning procedure.
    Thanks for adding this, just for the record, the fine folks at Leatherique have read this review and will probably continue to follow it.

What I was trying to say in my original comment was that I'm not sure how this system would work on leather that has been treated with an aftermarket hydrophobic leather treatment like CQuartz Leather or something similar.
    My guess is the coating would,

First - Hinder the oils from making contact with the surface.

Second - With enough rubbing, you would at a minimum start removing the coating.

Once a fine leather interior has had a leather coating installed - it's way past using the Leather treatment - UNLESS - the leather has become dirty and soiled to the point you must start over.

I have a leather coating write-up coming this week.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the instructions that came with Leatherique (maybe 2 years ago when I got some) said to use a damp cloth with warm water and rinse the cloth as you go when removing the Pristine Clean.
    Is this not the method? Is it OK to just spray on the pristine clean and wipe it off with a dry cloth ?.

Thanks

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Petescoffee View Post
    I thought the instructions that came with Leatherique (maybe 2 years ago when I got some) said to use a damp cloth with warm water and rinse the cloth as you go when removing the Pristine Clean.
    Is this not the method? Is it OK to just spray on the pristine clean and wipe it off with a dry cloth ?.

Thanks
    I would have to do what anyone could do and that I’d revisit the Leatherique website and do some research.

I’m pretty sure what I wrote is accurate.

The people at Leatherique people reached out to Autogeek AFTER reading my review and said thank you and that they liked it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do. Thanks for input.
    want to make sure I am using product correctly.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Petescoffee View Post
    Will do. Thanks for input.
    want to make sure I am using product correctly.
    So I have to ask as we drink Peets Coffee,

Do you drink Peets Coffee
    Do you work for Peets Coffee
    Do you own Peets Coffee

Or - nothing to do with Peets Coffee?

13. Likes Petescoffee liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast