autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Wolfgang Ceramics vs DPGS hood test!

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    The pinnacle spray and the Wolfgang SIO2 sealant seem to bead the best so far.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    Pinnacle Spray was good and the picture of it alone came out great... because it was a side hood pic that I could zero in on. Across the entire area (easier to see in real life), SiO2 sealant was a step better.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I'm eager to see what they (particularly the wolfgang uber spray) look like after a thorough wash with something like carpro reset. If my suspicion is correct the beading will improve. I applied the M37 (V2) coating to my hood not that long ago and after a couple of weeks it rained outside, so I went to take a look at the beading and it looked exactly like the wolfgang uber spray coating, which left me discouraged. That weekend I washed with hyper wash and noticed a significant improvement in beading/sheeting.
    Yes! I’m not concerned about a test after this nasty weather, I expect CSC to be just fine. It was clogged by the crap that the wind blew around. Seems like heavy polymers handle this the best, and I expect a full recovery for CSC after a nice wash, probably tonight or Saturday, weather being the determinant.

Have faith, 57Rambler! I was hesitant to make a big deal by posting this, but as mentioned, was bored sitting around during quarantine.

Post Thanks / Like

Washed today with glossless Four Star Professional Shampoo. Not sure if the stuff cleanses as well as Reset or Hyper Wash but it’s all I got for a normal, glossless wash right now.

Videos below show water behavior during hose downs. Quality was great on my iPhone but YouTube can’t match that, so a little harder to see the sheeting. In case you don’t want to sit through them (55sec and 30sec), I include my real life observations in text.

Product reference:
    New Wolfgang Ceramics vs DPGS hood test!-adjustments-jpg

Overall hood:
    YouTube
    My Sheeting Rankings
    1) WG SiO2 Paint Sealant is a beast in the first 10 days. Water hates it.
    2) Pinnacle SiO2 Spray is doing awesome too and it’s normal to wonder how it would look on the middle hood next to WG SiO2 Sealant. But I sprayed many times from different angles and I believe this is noticeably in 2nd.
    3) WG CSC. Looks really good but still in 3rd, not far behind Pinnacle Spray.
    4-5) PBL Sealant and WG DGPS seem about even, both well behind the 3 ceramic products. Nothing to be ashamed about.

WG Ceramic Spray Coating (left) vs WG SiO2 Sealant (right):
    YouTube
    - As noted above, WG SiO2 Sealant sheets faster, but CSC is still doing very well.
    - The more notable observation is that the front of the hood (bottom of video) with PBL Surface Coating as a base, definitely slows down the sheeting of both products. More so with CSC, which tells me that coating on different coating probably isn’t as good as coating on paint... Or my Surface Coating is old and less potent (testing this elsewhere now)... or it likes being applied in warmer temps (applied in garage around 63degF but cured for 24 hours in which the temperature probably bottomed at mid/low 50s). Whatever I did wrong, I’m glad I applied them all standalone on 2/3 of the hood.

I’ll provide updates for anything new of interest, or in a few weeks. Thanks for reading!

5. Thanks DetailZeus, SNP209 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I cant wait to see the results. Im new to really getting into paint detailing. I just installed Klaase Ulta High Gloss and I like the look but man was it a pain to put 3 coats of it on a car. Spent 2 days. Install, wipe off and man it doesn't like to come back off, then wait 12 hours, install, remove wait another 12 hours then again. Lets see how well it holds up. But leaning more towards one of these type ceramic coatings for next time

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update on this! Disappointing staying power on the Uber Spray Coating for this test, especially so soon after applying it. I've got a spot that's been brewing for a week on the daily driver, and I prepped and applied a spot on the other test car today to get some results to cross reference with. Should be able to wash and provide some results soon. Keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Thanks for the update on this! Disappointing staying power on the Uber Spray Coating for this test, especially so soon after applying it. I've got a spot that's been brewing for a week on the daily driver, and I prepped and applied a spot on the other test car today to get some results to cross reference with. Should be able to wash and provide some results soon. Keep us posted!
    I actually can’t say whether it’s staying power or it’s just been this way since application. The first time I brought the car into rain (after like 5 days since application), the beading wasn’t any better really.

Loach, do you recall any dripping from your spray head? This happened to me as noted at the end of post #1. I assume it wouldn’t impact the quality of product so soon but I’m still seeking possible reasons until I see my new test case in action. I have another bottle I can try if all else fails.

10. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I actually can’t say whether it’s staying power or it’s just been this way since application. The first time I brought the car into rain (after like 5 days since application), the beading wasn’t any better really.

Loach, do you recall any dripping from your spray head? This happened to me as noted at the end of post #1. I assume it wouldn’t impact the quality of product so soon but I’m still seeking possible reasons until I see my new test case in action. I have another bottle I can try if all else fails.
    I didn't see any heavy dripping coming from the sprayer that I noticed. But that sprayer top can get wet after spraying which is what I also noticed with the others like Liquid Seal and Opti-Seal that use this type of sprayer that atomizes like this.

12. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Super review! Thanks!! I just applied 2 coats (to ensure 100% coverage) of Wolfgang Si02 to my dd so I am happy to see how well it is performing in your test.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I am watching this thread as well as I am trying to decide either to go SiO2 or Spray Ceramic. I am looking for good longevity accompanied by the glassy/wet look. I was hoping that the Spray Ceramic would last longer as would mean less dragging a pad across the PPF on the front of my wifes Rav. :-\

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast