autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Monkey of my back ?

I don`t know if it`s because of the way things are now a days or the detail bug has run its course with me. Been doing this for several years now and I have 2 cars that I bought new recently and they where in excellent shape paint wise. I did my decon process, prep wipe and SIo2 sealed and now use Bead maker as a drying aid.

One car is silver metallic and the other pearl white so upkeep on these cars will be easy. My over load of excess products have been given to neighbors' and my buddy who had a detail business.

Things should be simpler now with one cabinet for my detail supplies. One shelf for my G9 / G8 and pads which will probably not be used in the near future and 2 shelves for my MF towels.

Just my thoughts this morning while having a coffee and a banana nut muffin

P.S. I even cut down on you tube detailing videos

Everybody out there STAY SAFE !!!!!

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, WaxMaster1, vobro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monkey of my back ?

You’re lucky you can find neighbors around here who will have any interest in your supplies.

Stay safe, do your thing!

4. Likes KBsToy, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been feeling the same way lately. My goal was to just use up stuff I have excess of, but the more I have to shuffle it around (space is limited) the more it starts to irritate me that it’s there. Gallons just take up a lot of space when you don’t have a dedicated place for them.

When things are a little more normal I may try and give some of it away just to get rid of it. Awhile back I sold $175 worth of stuff for $40 shipped. Basically was giving it all away at that point imo. Could also hit up the trades thread, I guess.

I want to severely thin down the stock so I can consolidate things and simplify what I have. I’m not very interested in buying new things unless I really trust the source of information or it seems to be exactly what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I’ve been feeling the same way lately. My goal was to just use up stuff I have excess of, but the more I have to shuffle it around (space is limited) the more it starts to irritate me that it’s there. Gallons just take up a lot of space when you don’t have a dedicated place for them.

When things are a little more normal I may try and give some of it away just to get rid of it. Awhile back I sold $175 worth of stuff for $40 shipped. Basically was giving it all away at that point imo. Could also hit up the trades thread, I guess.

I want to severely thin down the stock so I can consolidate things and simplify what I have. I’m not very interested in buying new things unless I really trust the source of information or it seems to be exactly what I want.

Are you planning to post the products you wish to unload on the "Sample" thread?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Are you planning to post the products you wish to unload on the "Sample" thread?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I’ll probably post it there first.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m kinda in the same boat, I bought a new Silverado 2 weeks ago and deconed,polished and coated it. Took about 8 hours plus cleaning towels , pads and garage. Last Sunday I started putting all my stuff back in the garage and thought this is silly so I called up my local fire department and asked if the needed anything, they said yes so I boxed up stuff and brought it over.

I still will clean and maintain but I don’t obsess about it anymore, I realized that when I watched my wife palm the paint as she shut the door. Normally I’d go into a speech on how to close the door so she doesn’t mar the paint and make an ass out myself. I didn’t and realized she’s been working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 3 weeks at the hospital and somehow my paint will survive.

10. Thanks KBsToy, mdbenge thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy, PaulMys, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    I’m kinda in the same boat, I bought a new Silverado 2 weeks ago and deconed,polished and coated it. Took about 8 hours plus cleaning towels , pads and garage. Last Sunday I started putting all my stuff back in the garage and thought this is silly so I called up my local fire department and asked if the needed anything, they said yes so I boxed up stuff and brought it over.

I still will clean and maintain but I don’t obsess about it anymore, I realized that when I watched my wife palm the paint as she shut the door. Normally I’d go into a speech on how to close the door so she doesn’t mar the paint and make an ass out myself. I didn’t and realized she’s been working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 3 weeks at the hospital and somehow my paint will survive.
    Please THANK your wife for her work !!!!!!!

Just think things have got a little simpler now .

12. Thanks vobro thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as everyone is happy and staying safe/healthy, that is all that matters! If later on you feel the need to 'step it up' again, do so!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

14. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done more cleaning of my vehicles in the last 2 weeks than I have in years. I'm able to watch my kids get some outside recreation during all of this. The cleaning gives me something to do while they ride their bikes and play in the yard. I can keep a close eye on them and still get something done.

But yes, I'm going to start simplifying my stash. I may try something new once in a while, but only after I use up what I have.

16. Likes KBsToy, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    You’re lucky you can find neighbors around here who will have any interest in your supplies.

Stay safe, do your thing!
    Yes they where happy
    Seen a few outside working on there cars and staying active . Maybe I started something here in our HOA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast