autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Steam car washes

Whats your take on steam car washes? I知 trying to go eco-friendly i知 looking into rinse-less and waterless also.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam car washes

I have considered it. I would go with a Chief Steamer 125, as it is an injection steamer

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned many Steamers in my life time (McCulloch, VX5000, Euro Steam, Vapor Rino, Fortador). The only two I would recommend for a steam wash would be Optima and Fortador. You could do it with any steamer. But the time it would take to preform the task would not be economical. Even with the Vapor Rino 220v it takes too long. Steam wash is a great way to attract customers if you get a good setup

4. Thanks Detailchick thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have looked into those , I know they have a high price tag, just trying to decide if it's worth it especially starting off. things like maintenance, support etc. I don't know where to get that near me. Do you think it was a good investment for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailchick View Post
    I have looked into those , I know they have a high price tag, just trying to decide if it's worth it especially starting off. things like maintenance, support etc. I don't know where to get that near me. Do you think it was a good investment for you?

They are expensive. But well worth the price in my opinion. Mine has cut my time way down on interiors and things like that. I got a good deal on mine. But I always wondered before if they were worth the price. I can say after having mine that I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

The way Fortador has it setup now is that you can maintain everything yourself. They will send you whatever part you need and have videos on how to repair it yourself. You can still send it in if you want to. But the shipping cost is insane.

I can’t speak on if it’s a good investment for you. I don’t know where you are in your business. But there are many ways you can use it to your advantage. You can advertise the Lamborghini aspect of it. You can market the detailing green angle of how little water it takes to detail a vehicle. The steam wash as you mentioned before. I’ve had several people buy a steam wash just to see how it was preformed. The steam extraction is nice. While it is really not that effective on medium to heavy soiled vehicles. The vehicles you do use it on have almost no drying time.

If you can fit it in your budget I would highly recommend one.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Optima Steamer is better than others
    Car detailing in Toronto and Ceramic Coating Toronto by https://www.aaaautospa.com/ 20 YRS Experience