autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic (type) quick spray?

Technicians choice ceramic detail spray is the by far the best ceramic spray I've used
    Much better than Turtle wax ceramic!
    Carpro elixir has the best gloss I've seen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

If looking for detail spray i second Ech20. 3oz to 32oz bottle 1oz of sio2 sealant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If looking for detail spray i second Ech20. 3oz to 32oz bottle 1oz of sio2 sealant

Post Thanks / Like

If you do want some QD-like cleaning ability, or if you don’t care about cleaning... I’ve been mixing my own Merlin elixir of 1.5oz EcH2O and 2oz PA High Gloss, the rest distilled water in a 32oz bottle. One can replace High Gloss with any SiO2 Spray but using High Gloss is the cat-sass of home made Merlin brews I have found so far). TBH, you could probably use just 1oz of High Gloss because it’s so concentrated, but I’m a waster and stick with 2.

I recommend using mostly on clean surfaces if the SiO2 Spray is pricey (like High Gloss is) and you are trying to remain economical. It can be used very sparingly if just amping shine of a clean surface, including as a drying aid.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack, oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use and like The Last Coat 2.0. I have it on 2 vehicles and have been using Beadmaker on top of it. Crazy depth and gloss. I’ve been using TLC 2.0 on my interiors and I love it! Makes the interior look new not polished. It has the same sheen as it did from the factory. Cleans up effortlessly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If you do want some QD-like cleaning ability, or if you don’t care about cleaning... I’ve been mixing my own Merlin elixir of 1.5oz EcH2O and 2oz PA High Gloss, the rest distilled water in a 32oz bottle. One can replace High Gloss with any SiO2 Spray but using High Gloss is the cat-sass of home made Merlin brews I have found so far). TBH, you could probably use just 1oz of High Gloss because it’s so concentrated, but I’m a waster and stick with 2.

I recommend using mostly on clean surfaces if the SiO2 Spray is pricey (like High Gloss is) and you are trying to remain economical. It can be used very sparingly if just amping shine of a clean surface, including as a drying aid.
    Yeah thats alot less then Car pros recommend for a waterless so will be low lubricity. Minimum 10-1.

Thought about using cosmic but cant get myself to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really looking for cleaning ability, just want something to add a little slick feel and depth/shine after washing.

I know it won't pair well with the meg hcw wax but I should just use whatever spray wax or detailer I have laying around to get rid of it before buying something else. I think I would like to switch over to having everything be sio2 form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah thats alot less then Car pros recommend for a waterless so will be low lubricity. Minimum 10-1.

Thought about using cosmic but cant get myself to do it.
    Try EcH20 at 15:1 or 20:1. IMO it has plenty of lubricity, which isn’t a knock on CarPro’s recommendations, but a compliment to the lubricity of the product. I use 15:1 for WW and I go down to 20:1 for the Merlin Mix because the SiO2 Spray is adding its own additional lubricity.

At 10:1 CarPro streaks my black paint in a way that a spray wax does, basically requiring twice the effort and making the WW not so quick and easy (one of the big draws that a WW should have).
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Try EcH20 at 15:1 or 20:1. IMO it has plenty of lubricity, which isn’t a knock on CarPro’s recommendations, but a compliment to the lubricity of the product. I use 15:1 for WW and I go down to 20:1 for the Merlin Mix because the SiO2 Spray is adding its own additional lubricity.

At 10:1 CarPro streaks my black paint in a way that a spray wax does, basically requiring twice the effort and making the WW not so quick and easy (one of the big draws that a WW should have).
    [/QUOTE]

Will do. 5-1 is way worse. I’ll give 15-1 a shot if that work matbe 20-1

11. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Will do. 5-1 is way worse. I’ll give 15-1 a shot if that work matbe 20-1

And if you want to try the Merlin but have reservations about squandering liquid gold without knowing the results... try a 16oz bottle (1/2oz Cosmic) or even an 8oz (1/4oz Cosmic) mix.

I should note though, I found High Gloss to specifically be my favorite as it doesn’t last that long to begin with and is extremely shiny, so it’s a natural fit as a Merlin QD, IMO. I’ve never tried Cosmic alone as a Merlin.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast