autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Maintenance

I do wring my mitts onto the ground after rinsing before soap water dunk.
    I didnt use reset last time, and I did use reset today, It seemed to make a difference, I've only used reload on one panel to test.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly, Carpro Reset is one of the few that doesn't have shine enhancers added Most OTC shampoos do.

Post Thanks / Like

Coating Maintenance

It’s Definitely not the reset. Id guess road grime and film building up. From what ive read most products to remove this seems to be alkaline usually.

That is kinda why i like toppers is so that when grime builds up, its buildimg on the topper. Im hoping alkaline products are only harming topper when i use these washes and then re top.

Those are my thoughts but not sure if that’s how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Op just try these simple steps for a month, keep clean with Reset or ECHO2 and leave it alone. If the coating was applied correctly you don't need to go nuts protecting the coating, let it do its job as intended

6. Thanks Reuben Brumby thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be furious if I took the time and $$ to install a 2-part coating and had to "top" it after the 3rd wash, winter not withstanding.

Post Thanks / Like

So I just gave the car a thorough wash with reset yesterday, and it looked much better this time. Still not as slick but more of the glassy appearance returned.

Part of my problems may be due to the curing process.
    It was cold and very dry when I installed the coatings. There was a lot of salt dust on the roads here.
    The car was so dirty and my wife had so many potential detailing clients eyeballing my work at her job that I jumped the gun and washed the car with reset 3 or 4 days after installing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Well that may explain the loss of slickness on the GLISS, per CarPro detergents are to be avoided for 5-7 days

10. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash it with Wolfgang Coating Wash and you will be fine. Pricy but really good product. It will restore any hydrophobic and slickness losses.

Wolfgang ber SiO2 Coating Wash
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Op just try these simple steps for a month, keep clean with Reset or ECHO2 and leave it alone. If the coating was applied correctly you don't need to go nuts protecting the coating, let it do its job as intended
    Great advice from my experience with coatings.

In the winter I'll notice the lower door areas and the rear of vehicles will loose some of their water sheeting ability due to the salt and grime. However, once spring arrives and I can wash the cars by hand on a regular basis (I use Optimum Car Wash), all the coating properties quickly return after only a couple of washes. I've seen the same results with a couple different coatings and haven't felt the need to do anything more serious.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

13. Likes Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Naw, I'd say you didn't cause any damage, Carpro CQ UK is pretty tough stuff.

There's a number of ways you could go. I used to be a big fan of Carpro Reload way back, before the number of various re-formulations created a product I no longer trust to use personally. Yeah, it still works, but, there's others out there.

Others that might be easier to work with, but perhaps will still only provide short term results.

Such as Blackfire Coating Booster, or Blackfire SIO2 Spray. There's a multitude of such products now available. Both here and abroad.

I think whatever you top CQ UK with, you won't hurt it. You'll know when CQ UK is gone

IMO, you'll get basically similar results from all. Unless you're willing to decon, prep, and do another coat of Gliss? Or their "Lite" product? Never used such, or Gliss.
    is it necessary to top any ceramic coating with a topper like reload? what happens if you never do? i think why need to top might as well not put the ceramic coat on to begin with will you not just be getting the topper?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast