autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.

The lady doesn't like my detailing obsession, well she doesn't mind the obsession part but she doesn't like the $$$ it costs part lol. So I was watching an Apex Detailing video on YT and Brian was talking about exfoliating the cars paint. It stuck in my head as an interesting word to use. So FF a week, I'm ordering a detailing product (just 1) she asks "you busy?" "just ordering someth..." "I hope it's not more stupid car cleaning stuff you don't need" (I need everything I have imho lol) I suddenly remembered the video and told her I was ordering an "exfoliating product" "really? that's a nice change" Sorta was believable because a few times a year I have a spurt where I really care about my appearance. Hopefully she won't be around when it's delivered, and she won't remember and ask to see it. I technically didn't lie, but I'm sure she wouldn't see it like that lol.

2. Likes KBsToy, panthershark, Loach, Thomkirby, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.

My orders are in early AM before she`s up and I tell UPS guys put delivers by side garage door
    There is a lot of knowledge out there nowadays on You Tube but it comes down what you need and works for you.
    Mike has been there since the beginning for me on knowledge and practices

That time of the tear for Xmas sales so watch out 5:30 here and I am looking

Post Thanks / Like

Disclaimer:
    Asking for a Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    I technically didn't lie...
    Are you absolutely sure that you didn’t
    already know how to be duplicitous in other:
    “keep the Wife in the dark” actions, way before
    you ever gleaned this particular YT video and
    found, therein, yet another way to enlist further
    aid in your ‘spousal-speciousness?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Once in a while, I'll get asked, prior to a purchase, "Do you really NEED that?"......and the answer is "No, I don't NEED it....but it will make me more efficient in what I'm doing and eventually pay for itself". I remind her when I got my GG6, I did not technically NEED it......but it sure came in handy removing some very very stubborn paint transfer on her vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time my wife asks "Do you really need this, is it *really* different than some of the other stuff you already have?" I ask her if she really needs all those shoes, most of which are indistinguishable to me...especially considering she only has 2 feet whereas we have 4 different cars. The discussion often ends there, no harm, no foul. Kinda like when she says she 'needs' new clothes and I remind her that over the last 30 years, have never seen her go to work in wearing a wooden barrel. After which she she rewords the statement to say she 'wants' new clothes.

My username ain't 'BudgetPlan' for nothin', notably with items *I* deem as non-essential...like clothing and shoes.

7. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a rare bird these days- I spend all the money that I want to and she never says anything. I dont even have a job anymore. Kind of like the opposite of a lot of modern day american homes where the man makes the $$ and the women spend it. She make most of the money and I spend almost all of it- she doesnt spend even 1/10 th the $$ I spend

9. Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, AaronE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I am a rare bird these days- I spend all the money that I want to and she never says anything. I dont even have a job anymore. Kind of like the opposite of a lot of modern day american homes where the man makes the $$ and the women spend it. She make most of the money and I spend almost all of it- she doesnt spend even 1/10 th the $$ I spend
    Hear! Hear!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She got any sisters??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckydawg!!

15. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exfoliating Product? LOVE IT!!! I'll have to remember that one in the future!

My wife too says the same thing, stupid car stuff, junk, crap, etc...! I've threatened her with, "ok, I'll just sit right next to you all day on Saturday and Sunday and spend the day "together""...her tune changes pretty quick!!

Historically I really don't spend money on frivolous things...just because I don't want to and there hasn't been anything I really wanted in the past. My wife and daughter on the other hand...do spend money on frivolous things, which is fine most of the time but I do put my foot down every so often which my wife respects.

However....this new and "wonderful" hobby of car detailing and the associated products aka "the deep dark rabbit hole" have changed things. My wife isn't used to me buying stuff online so when I get a box at the front door with the wonderful PBMG tape on it, she really doesn't say much...because she can't! It's not like I'm a jackass to her because I'm not, but she knows I don't spend money on anything unless I really want it. Also, I don't make huge purchases at one time, I buy things as they're needed and only when they're on sale unless it's something out of the ordinary. About the only time I was a little "worried" is when I purchased a Scangrip light (small model) and a few other things, she saw the price and I was just waiting...not a word!

Jay

17. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast