autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3” polisher purchase

I have a GG 3” polisher I was going to trade in for the new G8. Now I’m looking at the Rupes sales going on which drops the price to around a little more than double that of the g8. One of the main complaints was a total lack of power with the gg3. The G8 has more than double the power of the gg3. I know the G8 won’t be out for a bit so it’ll be a difficult comparison to make. I banking on the fact that GG took the lessons learned on the G9 and possibly got ahead issues with the G8. What say you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3” polisher purchase

I'm counting on the G8 being a success. I preordered one. I'd rather give my money to Griot's than Rupes because of warranty.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes RZJZA80, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say bang for the dollar, and the unbeatable warrantee, the Griots G8 is going to be a machine that will be hard to beat

At this point I am unsure what problems the G9 is facing with a few member's returns of such, and whether such possible problems were somehow passed onto the G8? (Cord, or ?)

I would surmise that Griots Garage surely doesn't wish to send out any new G8 units with any possible known by them issues, and then have both the customer and themselves have to deal with such headaches at some near future point in time.

Unless you have your heart set and finalized on the Rupes, I'd be inclined to wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams Mini

6. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IBrid, can do anything that the G8 can do and can get into areas that the G8 cannot. Oh, and it can be cord or cordless.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Adams SK micro to fill that void. Couldn’t bring myself to spend what the ibrid is going for. I also bought a g9 which failed after the first use. Not sure why it failed, but I think GG will not let it happen in the G8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    IBrid, can do anything that the G8 can do and can get into areas that the G8 cannot. Oh, and it can be cord or cordless.
    If i were to spend more than the G8 price then I’d get the Flex “pixie”. That seems to offer more than Rupes with up to 3” pad. And it’s considerably cheaper.
    Bruno Soares

Mike Phillips

The Nano is really only functional in rotary mode. It struggles to maintain pad rotation in free spin orbital mode both the 3mm and the 12mm. I have 6 of these for my classes. I keep 4 in rotary mode and one each in 3mm and 12mm - this lets everyone use these tools and make up their own mind as to what's what.

I have not received my G8 from Griot's yet, kind of disappointed. Could be out of their control, shipping and all. But at SEMA my many friends at Griot's told me they would get me one.

I gave my personal Pixie away for a good cause at SEMA. So I don't have a Pixie right now. From experience with the Pixie, it works great in rotary mode and has ZERO problems maintaining pad rotation in 12mm mode. I have not found a pad so far that works well in 3mm mode. 3mm mode is really not good for anything anyway it's such a short stroke.

But what do I know, I'm not a YouTube Influencer.

11. Likes PaulMys, KBsToy, PM5C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    The Nano is really only functional in rotary mode. It struggles to maintain pad rotation in free spin orbital mode both the 3mm and the 12mm. I have 6 of these for my classes. I keep 4 in rotary mode and one each in 3mm and 12mm - this lets everyone use these tools and make up their own mind as to what's what.
    That's odd because I've had the exact opposite happen to me. The rotary mode is unusable because it just keeps stopping all the time. I can't go for than 15 seconds or so without it just stopping with the red light turning on, really frustrating. I just use it in DA 12mm mode permanently and it's a lot better this way, even though it does still just stop from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to play with a G8 the other day at Griot's. All I can say is AMAZING!!!! Balanced, quiet, little vibration and a whole lot of power for a machine this size. I'll be there to get mine the day they are released. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!!

Mike

14. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast