autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping rant

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping rant

Here's a lovely shipping story, about 15 years ago I was ordering computer parts from Newegg, I needed 2 things so I could build my new PC. Newegg's local to me, if I ordered by 2PM my package always shipped that same day and I've have it the following day. I was ordering on a Thursday around 1PM. But, I wanted the package to come on Friday for sure so I could have a usable computer that weekend. So to be absolutely safe I paid the extra I think $2.99 to get rush processing on my order. It was the 1st and only time I used it. Needless to say my package didn't ship until Friday, so I didn't get it until Monday. To this day out of the probably 50 times I've ordered from them it was the only time I didn't get my package the next day. Oh the irony lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The package is traveling from Colorado to Mass. It’s not that I didn’t believe it might actually take 14 days, it just amazes me it’s going to take 8 days to travel 500 miles. Although it is coming via FedEx, so they may be playing the weather. I’ll have to check Friday’s forecast because FedEx doesn’t seem to deliver to my house unless they have a heavy rain and a large puddle to rest the package in. I believe the surface tension of the water and the added weight of the package help keep it from blowing away in these heavy NE winds

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In my life, only two instances stuck out and not forgotten. One, I shipped myself some good citrus from Florida. I arrived back in the Midwest-Chicago, but the package was lost an additional 5-6 days, about 2 weeks total and when the box arrived, it was very "soggy", and 1/2 the citrus had rotted. (Yep, wonderful UPS)

Most of the shipment was "Orange-Limes", I think they are called "Calemondin"? Very good on Shellfish I found. Was saddening to say the least, those cannot be found in the Midwest.

But the worst was a rare, expensive and said to be brand spanking new Astro-Physics Traveler 4.1" Telescope, and $4500 of my money was on the line, UPS lost the package!

What should've taken 5 business days from California to Chicago, took 12 business days. I was very lucky that it arrived, and was unscathed. The seller was also wise enough to double-box the shipment. I was pretty upset and worried with that ordeal. Whew!

Weather conditions are sometimes just part of the game in winter in the USA. Cannot be helped, an act of God.

Post Thanks / Like

My UPS delivery’s are spot on. The guys from the depot have called me to say shippers have used the wrong address, PO Box vs. physical address, told me to call the shipper to allow release. Upside is I got my package in a timely fashion. Downside? Made me realize I might be ordering too many things online if UPS is calling my cellphone

Post Thanks / Like

Seems in some parts of the country, UPS is reputable and reliable, other parts the exact opposite, that it seems that Fed-Ex is the superior Shipper.

Another instance, was a brand new pair of $10,000 Bryston 7BSST2 Amps I ordered from a dealer, they were being shipped from Bryston's main USA Distributor up near Canada. The Dealer was shipping them UPS, and I was like "NOOOOOO!".

Seller and I went around, he was irate that I wanted them shipped Fed-Ex instead, as I knew all too well that UPS was pathetic in my neck of the woods of Southern New Mexico at the time, and didn't want to risk such an expensive shipment to the UPS Goons.

We argued, I told him I'd pay the difference, but he eventually agreed to ship them on his dime, at extra cost with Fed-Ex. They both arrived fine, no damage.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you on the edge of your seats, wondering where in the world could troda’s package be. Well wonder no more, I just checked and it’s now 131 miles away. They actually pushed the date back to Wed 12/4. Checked the weather and it’s a high of 44 degrees and a the precipitation at 10%. Timing and weather are improving so I thoroughly expect the driver to drop kick the package out the door and run it over when he leaves

Post Thanks / Like

We have a problem with usps here. We have gone days without deliveries even for regular mail. With Amazon packages they mark them delivered even when not as they have a contract to get them delivered. The neighborhoods in my town have cluster boxes, we all have our own locked box, there are just 20 or 30 individual boxes at one place. For packages they go in a locked larger box in the same big cluster, only you get a key for if you have a package in there.
    So when tracking says it's delivered the only person that could have it is me or the carrier, a porch thief couldn't have gotten it before me.
    Two times now I have received notification my Amazon package delivered, gone to get my mail, no package, called Amazon, they say delivered. I called the police, reported the carrier stole it. I said Amazon says it's delivered, if it was it was only accessible by me or the carrier and I don't have it. Within an hour a knock on my door, it's the carrier with my package.
    When stuff is missing don't forget the carrier, we want to trust them, but here they are dishonest.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it’s free I’ll deal with whatever if you had to pay that’s when it’s frustrating. I order from chinas version of ebay called aliexpress takes 30 days or longer in that amount of time you forget what you ordered until you open it.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s insane! My UPS guys go way above and beyond. Although I don’t think my FedEx guys would steal from me, they’ve been known for claiming no one home to sign, leaving packages in puddles with no bags and throwing packages up and over the rail on my back deck. I saw the last for myself. I wanted to choke him out but I expressed my displeasure verbally

Post Thanks / Like

Troda are you ordering that DRINK online.
    Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast